Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS) Guide, facilities & services
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, recognized informally as Schiphol Airport, is the primary international airport within the Netherlands. It is located 9 kilometers (5.6 miles) southwest of Amsterdam, within the municipality of Haarlemmermeer in North Holland.
So here below we will be describing every possible detail of the airport which will help out when you have an idea regarding the airport.
- Brief of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Terminals
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Airlines
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Services and Facilities
- Hotels nearby Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Brief of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Schiphol opened on sixteen September 1916 as an army airbase. The give up of the First World War also saw the beginning of civilian use of Schiphol Airport and the airport subsequently lost its army role completely. By 1940, at 45-degree angles, Schiphol had four asphalt runways.
The airport was captured via the German military that lasted 12 months and renamed Fliegerhorst Schiphol. The airport was destroyed through bombing however at the top of the war, the airfield was soon rebuilt. In 1949, it was decided that Schiphol turned into the primary airport inside the Netherlands.
It is the third-busiest airport in Europe in phrases of passenger extent and the busiest in Europe in terms of plane movement. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is a single-terminal concept i.e. one large terminal breaks up into three large departure halls. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol also serves as a base for EasyJet and LEVEL.
Amsterdam Airport has many things to describe regarding the airport like Amsterdam Airport Terminals, Amsterdam airport hotels, and many more which you have to follow if you want to travel from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
Evert van de Beekstraat 202,
1118 CP Schiphol,
Contact Number: +31 20 794 0800
If you have any queries or questions regarding the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol then you may contact the Amsterdam Airport Customer Support Team to get more information about the airport.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Terminals
The Central Plaza homes a ‘live’ clock. Real trees were planted inside the lounge’s floor, and the ‘Family World’ offers large and colorful toy aircraft. The Terminal’s floor / Arrivals stage can be recognized by using the nearby control tower at the east-give up of Arrivals.
The Arrivals degree (Level 1 /Ground degree): I- Outside: in the center is a connector to P1 parking, the Hilton, Sheraton, WTC & Holland Gateway. A tunnel results in parking garage 2. Taxi stands, bus stops & P3 shuttle bus prevent are positioned outdoors of this degree.
– Inside: the Arrivals degree is divided into Arrivals 1 via Arrivals 4 (‘A1 – A4’): at east A1/A2, at west A3 /A4 – every with their own luggage claim. Arrivals 1 & 2 east lead as much as Departures 1 & 2 east – Arrivals 3 & 4 west lead up to Departures three/four west.
The ground level additionally consists of Information desks, bars & restaurants, stores, a hairdresser, a provider middle, a grocery store, and bags storage & lockers. A Transfer Assistance booth is close to the grocery store.
The Check-in Level (Level 2 is divided into check-in, East /West Departures & Center regions):
Note: These days renovated /extended and particular Departure Lounge 2 enables passengers to explore ‘seven different worlds’ – divided into Luxury, Family, Travel & Culture, Modern Dutch, See-Buy-Fly, Fashion & Lifestyle, and Care & Wellness. Also, real trees were planted into the lounge’s flooring. The ‘Family World’ offers colorful and large toy aircraft.
– The Eastside Departure areas 1 & 2 – served through check-in counters 1-16 – leading to Lounges 1 & 2* (Lounge 1 is Schengen lounge) and to B, C, D (gates D1-57 & get right of entry to the pinnacle degree with gates D59-87.
– The Westside Departure areas 3 & 4 – served by check-in counters 17-32 – main to Lounges three & four. While Lounge 3 results in the F gates, Lounge 4 ends in the G, H, M gates. (H Gate numbers are not announced until forty mins previous to departure) – divided into three sections:
Departures 1: B, C & D Schengen gates;
E gate of Departures 2; and F, G, H & M gates of Departure 3.
While BM gates are on Level 2, D, E & F gates are one degree up (‘Top Level’). Passengers of Air Berlin, Flybe, EasyJet, Jet-2 will in all likelihood go away from both H or M gates, indicated on their boarding pass (gate numbers are introduced forty minutes before departure. These gate regions don’t have any meals, drink or shops).
– The Center Area homes a Premium Service point, access to the casino, children’s corner & other services. Bars & restaurants, as nicely as stores are located inside the post-security phase of all regions.
Level 3 houses Lounges 1 – 4, which get entry to extra gates D, E & F – reached from Lounge 1 with D gates; Lounge 2 with E gates & Lounges three & four with separate passport control and F gates. Level three additionally houses the Airline/Airport Lounges, the Yotel & Hotel Mercure, and the ‘Exchange Avenue’ conference facilities.
All of the subsequent VIP lounges can be accessed from the Departures level:
– Servisair & Menzies lounges are near Concourse D entrance;
– KLM Crown Lounges are close to gates E & F; Mezzanine level.
– ABN AMRO & British Airways lounges are near gates E & F, Mezzanine level.
– Privium Club Lounge is placed among Departures 1 & 2 (at the back of check-in desk row 9). Frequent Schiphol flyers revel in rapid border passage with iris test on the Privium gate, crossing the ‘border’ immediately from the lounge, or using the elevator to quickly get right of entry to their Schengen flights.
Other offerings and amenities in the passenger terminal include unlimited free net get entry to; a casino, sauna, nursery, massage service, KPN net middle & zones, banking, currency exchange & Lost & Found, a pharmacy, cash machines, and medical services. Schiphol Airport also caters to business tourists offering a number of alternatives for meeting rooms, conference centers, an amazing welcoming carrier, as nicely as satisfactory meal catering. For food & drink & retail data please open the ‘Food & Stores’ section.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Airlines
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is served by the following airlines:
Aegean Air • Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Air Berlin • Air Europa • Air France • Air Malta • Alitalia • American Airlines • Arkia • Austrian Airlines • Azerbaijan Airlines • Corendon • Croatia Airlines • Cyprus Airways • Czech Airlines • Delta Airlines • easyJet • EgyptAir • El Al Israel Airlines • Emirates • Iberia • Icelandair • Iran Air • Israir • Kenya Airways • KLM • Korean Air • LOT • Lufthansa • Onur Air • PIA • Pegasus Airlines • Rossiya • British Airways • Bulgaria Air • Cathay Pacific • China Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern • Royal Air Maroc • Royal Jordanian • SAS • Saudi Arabian Airlines • Singapore Airlines • Sun d’Or • Sky Airlines • Surinam Airways • Swiss • TAP Portugal • TAROM • Transavia • Turkish Airlines • Tunisair • United Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • Ural Airlines • Vueling • Viking Hellas • Wind Jet • Xiamen Airlines.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Services and Facilities
The Schiphol Plaza situated on each aspect of the immigration area is a nice location for duty-loose buying.
- Gift Shops:
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol has extremely good purchasing centers within the Schiphol Plaza, a purchasing place that is located on both aspects of the immigration region. Amsterdam Schiphol Plaza is placed just before customs and open to the shopping public.
- Restaurants and Bars:
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol offers site visitors an enormous preference for eateries and bars. There are numerous and great restaurants in both the Arrivals and Departures location, as properly as inside the Schiphol Plaza.
- Internet Access: Internet access is available on the Communication Centres positioned in Departure Lounges 1 and 2. Wireless Internet services are also furnished in the course of the airport and can be accessed via one’s wireless-enabled laptop.
- Mobile Phone Rental: Mobile phones may be rented at the Telecom Rentcentre / Nokia Shop located in Schiphol Plaza in Arrivals Halls 1 and a couple of.
- Fax and Photocopying: Fax, printing, and photocopy offerings are furnished on the Communication Centres placed in Departure Lounges 1 and 2.
- Post: The Communication Centres in Departure Lounges 1 and 2 offer postal offerings along with parcel post, stamps, and envelopes.
Currency Exchange and ATMs
- Foreign Exchange Desks: Several forex exchanges are placed in Arrivals Halls 1, 2, and 3, Departure Lounges 1, 2, and 3 and plenty of other places of the airport.
- Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs): ATMs / cash dispensers are located in Arrivals Halls 1 and a couple of and opposite Arrivals Hall 3. In the departure place ATMs are positioned opposite Gate G, adjacent to Lounge 2 and in between Gates B and C.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Wifi/ Internet
Free WiFi is available at the airport in four-hour increments. Connect to the Free Wifi at the Airport. Once your four hours are up, you can re-be part of the network to start another loose session. If you need to download or stream films or files, a top-class service is to be had for a fee, payable through credit card, debit card, or vouchers purchased within the airport.
For vacationers without their own cellular devices, computers with internet access are available to be used in Internet Centres. Your first five pages of printing are loose. Locations: Airside – Pier C • Pier D • Lounge 1 • Lounge 2 • Lounge four • On Holland Boulevard.
Mobile Charging Points at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Charge your laptop even as you get a bit of painting done, by using one of the many paintings stations positioned for the duration of all airport departure living room areas, as well as Piers C and D. Each workstation gives a compact workspace with built-in strength retailers for charging. Charging stations are also available subsequent to the blue or white payphones placed for the duration of the airport.
Hotels nearby Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
When the prospect of napping on a bench or chair isn’t certainly doing it for you, there is the right news for those of you who are seeking out an actual mattress at Schiphol Airport.
If you are on a layover, you shouldn’t go through safety as there are transit resorts providing both short-term and in a single-day rate. Sleep pods, ideal for single travelers seeking some privacy, are also to be had. A range of nearby lodges may be discovered within strolling distance or connected through airport travel.
- In Transit Mercure Schiphol Terminal:
Located after Customs in the transit place of Lounge three, 1st floor. Between Gates E & F, Access via an entry point. From outside the airport, go through Departures Hall 3 and between check-in desk 22 and 23 skips through security. Day rooms are to be had from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. You should have a passport and ticket for a flight departing the identical or next day.
- In Transit YotelAir:
Located in the airside/transit location of the primary terminal, Lounge 2, near Pier D. Day use rooms are to be had in 4-hour blocks. For 15,00€, there are also shower facilities that can be rented. Due to renovations within the terminal, be recommended that there might also nevertheless be some creation noise.
- In Transit Sleep Pod:
Once you’re airside (Concourse D, at XpresSpa), there are GoSleep pods for sleepy visitors to get a few zzz’s.
- At the Airport Sheraton Hotel:
2 min from the Arrivals Hall via a blanketed walkway. Direct get right of entry to baggage claim. Day rooms available from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. No airport goes back and forth.
- At the Airport Hilton Hotel:
A 7-minute walk from the airport terminals through a covered walkway. The resort is a smooth stroll from the main terminal.
- At Airport citizenM motel:
A 4-minute walk from Arrivals Hall 4. A trendy price range hotel inside a short stroll of the airport. No airport goes back and forth.
- Near Airport Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport Schiphol:
7 minutes from the airport. A free airport goes back and forth departs approx. every 20 minutes from 4:45 AM – 1:15 AM. Pick-up from platform A9.
- Near Airport NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport:
7 mins from the airport) A loose airport trip is to be had.