Houston Airport / Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) Guide, Facilities & Nearby Hotels
Houston Airport has many things to describe regarding the airport like Houston Airport sleeping, Houston Airport hotels, and many more which you have to follow if you want to travel with Houston Airport Airlines.
So here in below we will be describing every possible detail of the airport which will help out when you have an idea regarding the airport.
- Brief Overview of Houston Airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Houston Airport/ Bush Intercontinental Airport airlines
- Houston Airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport Sleeping
- Houston airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport Hotels
- Houston airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport Lounges
- Houston airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport Lost & Found
Brief Overview of Houston Airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport
Houston Airport under class B airspace, serving the Greater Houston metropolitan area is a worldwide airport in Houston, Texas, United States. Located approximately 23 miles (37 km) north of Downtown Houston, among Interstate 45 and Interstate 69/U.S.
PO Box 60106
Houston TX 77205-0106
Contact Number: 1-281-233-3000
If you have any queries or questions regarding the Houston airport then you may contact the Houston airport Customer Support Team to get more information about the Houston airport. You may even contact us, Treknova on toll-free number 1-800-831-1547 for help.
Highway 59 with direct entry to the Hardy Toll Road expressway, George Bush Intercontinental Airport has scheduled flights to a big number of domestic locations and is the second busiest airport in Texas. The airport was initially named “Houston Airport”, changed into later renamed after George H. W. Bush, the forty-first President of the United States.
In 2019, the airport served 45,264,059 passengers, making it the forty-seventh busiest airport in the world, and the 14th busiest airport inside the United States. IAH covers 10,000 acres (40.5 km2.) of land and has 5 runways.
Houston Airport/ Bush Intercontinental Airport airlines
Houston airport is served by the following airlines: American Airlines • ANA • Avianca • Bahamasair • Boutique Air • British Airways • Delta Airlines • Emirates • Aeromexico • Air Canada • Air China • Air France • Air New Zealand • Alaska Airlines • EVA Air • Frontier Airlines • Interjet • KLM • Spirit Airlines • Turkish Airlines • United Airlines • Lufthansa • Qatar Airways • Singapore Airlines • Vivaaerobus • Volaris • WestJet.
Houston Airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport Sleeping
Houston airport is a big and crowded vicinity that stays open 24 hours a day, so you may be capable of spending the nighttime in the enclosure when you have a flight early in the morning or in case your flight is canceled.
Keep in mind that you may handily be capable of life when you have a ticket for the following day, and you cannot enter the enclosure if the doors are already closed. There are announcements and music at some point in the nighttime, so it’s far advocated to have earplugs or headphones.
The Houston airport is technically open 24-hours, but this may not mean you can arrive in the wee morning hours and count on to get inside. Instead, it seems that if you’re already inside the terminal before the final time or you have got a ticket for an early-morning departure, you are allowed to stay inside. Be safe with the aid of having a backup plan ready!
Where to rest: Most seats in the terminals have armrests, so your great option can be to have a snoozing bag and lay on the floor. In Terminal D you may find a chapel that is quiet at night time, while inside the boarding area of Terminal E there are carpeted floors. There also are several VIP lounges in the important buildings for those passengers that qualify, but these are closed at night. Finally, there’s a hotel inside the airport grounds.
Locations & Seating: It is disappointingly limited to seating in this busy airport. If you are capable of grasping a seat or two, it in all likelihood has armrests, making a comfortable sleep position nearly impossible. Overnight, you are probably capable of escaping by pushing some seats collectively for makeshift beds. Your pleasant bet might be seeking out a quieter corner or nook and lying down on the ground for a few shuteye. Travelers advocate Terminal D the most frequently, as it’s often unused at night, so it’s plenty quieter. Terminal C is possibly the next-high-quality option. Bring along two for heat and cushion or an additional layer, especially for floor sleeping.
Here are good sleep spots:
In Terminal A, there may be a few comfortable chairs within the food courts or the hallway that connects the two aspects of the terminal.
- Gates D1-three are in a hallway that sees little foot traffic, so if you’re accurate with floor sleeping, you’ll be able to squeeze into a few carpeted nooks which might be darker and quieter than other regions.
- Gate D5 is regularly quiet due to the fact it’s typically used for evening international departures.
- Gate E24 has an aspect nook that is reportedly quieter than other regions at night, plus its carpet.
In Terminal C: Pre-Security, baggage claim vicinity is reportedly fairly cushy and quiet at Terminal C’s. There can be a few decently cushy chairs close to the carousel C7.
Houston airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport Hotels
If dozing in Houston Airport does not attraction to you, there are lodges near the airport:
- Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental – Accessible from all terminals via free underground tram service. An unfastened shuttle is also available. Use the courtesy telephone to make arrangements.
- SpringHill Suites Houston Airport – (6 mins from the airport) Free airport commute is to be had, on request. Use the courtesy cellphone to make arrangements.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South – (four minutes from the airport) Free airport commute is to be had from five:00 AM – 11:00 PM.
- DoubleTree by using Hilton Hotel Houston Airport – (five minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available.
- Red Roof Inn Houston Airport – (5 mins from the airport) Free airport go back and forth provider from 5:00 AM to Midnight.
Top 3 Houston airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport Hotels stays using Points
Sheraton North Houston at Houston Airport
It gives guests both consolation and convenience. Guests have got the right of entry to the airport commute, doors pool, and fitness center. Guests of the hotel who’ve Platinum status or higher with the Marriott Bonvoy program will obtain a complimentary hot breakfast each morning. With the transition to peak and off-top award night pricing, unfastened night time will fee you 15,000 points on off-height nights, 17,500 on general nights, and 20,000 on peak nights.
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental:
It gives guests access to a fitness center, basketball and tennis courts, a sand volleyball court, and an outdoor pool. The motel is ideal for traveling households as up to four youngsters ages 11 and below eat unfastened any time of the day in any on-website restaurant. When it’s time to move home you may load anybody up into the unfastened go back and forth lower back to the airport. Award nights start at simply 15,000 IHG factors consistent with the night.
DoubleTree Houston Airport:
Stay rejuvenated at this hotel with a health room prepared with cardio machines and weights, an outdoor pool, a warm tub, quiet gardens, and complimentary airport travel. Hilton Gold and Diamond contributors can enjoy a warm breakfast every morning of their stay. Award nights run between 25,000 to 30,000 points in line with night relying on demand and season.
Houston airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport Lounges
Being United’s largest hub, you’ll locate several United Clubs at some point of George Bush Intercontinental Airport, together with lounges in Terminal A, B, in Terminal C and every other in E. Terminal D is essentially served by way of non-United worldwide airlines, where you may find the British Airways and KLM Crown lounges. There is likewise the newly-opened American Express Centurion Lounge in Terminal D.
Houston airport/Bush Intercontinental Airport Lost & Found
IAH advises passengers to contact the subsequent departments, relying on in which an object was lost:
- On an airplane: Contact the relevant airline.
- Rental automobile center: Call 281-233-1013 or email: david.Davenport@firstgroup.Com.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection: Call 281-230-4672.
- TSA: Call 281-443-530 or email iahlostandfound@tsa.Dhs.Gov.
- Other public areas: Contact the lost and determined workplace on 281-230-3299 or visit the workplace on the arrivals degree of Terminal E.
Houston Airport is the busiest airport in Houston and the second largest in Texas after Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW).
It’s a nicely laid-out airport, with smooth connections among terminals due to the Skyway and subway trains that run outside and inside of the secure region. Passengers additionally have the choice of walking among most terminals inside of the secure area if connecting from a home flight.