Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) Guide, Facilities & Nearby Hotels
Delhi airport serves as the primary global aviation hub of the Indian capital metropolis of New Delhi as well as India. The airport, unfolding over a place of 5,106 acres (2,066 ha), is located in Palam, 16 km from the New Delhi town center and 5 km southwest of the New Delhi railway station. After former Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi, in terms of passenger traffic on the grounds that 2009 it’s miles the busiest airport in India.
So here in below we will be describing every possible detail of the airport which will help out when you have an idea regarding the airport.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) Guide, Facilities & Nearby Hotels
- Brief Overview Indira Gandhi International Airport
- Delhi Airport Terminals
- Delhi airport airlines
- Delhi airport Tips and Tidbits
- Delhi Airport Facilities & Services
- Delhi Airport Hotels
Brief Overview Indira Gandhi International Airport
It is likewise the busiest airport in the USA in terms of cargo visitors, overtaking Mumbai all through overdue 2015. In the calendar yr 2018, it turned into the 12th busiest airport in the global and the sixth busiest airport in Asia through passenger visitors handling almost 70 million passengers.
For Airbus A320 aircraft, It is the international’s busiest airport. The under-construction enlargement software will increase the airport’s capability to address one hundred million passengers by way of 2030.
Contact Number: 0124 337 6000
If you have any queries or questions regarding the Delhi Airport then you may contact the Delhi Airport Customer Support Team to get more information about Delhi Airport. You may even contact us, Treknova on toll-free number 1-800-831-1547 for help.
Delhi Airport Terminals
Delhi Airport has three terminals: Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3. Terminal 2 is domestic to some of the low-cost flights of Terminal 1 because of its refurbishing works.
Terminal 1, is utilized by low-fee providers consisting of SpiceJet, GoAir, and IndiGo, and is split in for home arrival Terminal 1-C is used, and for departures, Terminal 1-D is used, it may handle 15 million passengers annually. Due to improvement works it is closed in recent times and to Terminal 2 all the flights were transferred.
Terminal 2, it’s been redesigned to briefly host the low-value carriers of Terminal 1. To build the brand new Terminal 4 terminal 2 is going to be demolished once Terminal 1 will reopen.
Terminal 3 is the latest terminal, it becomes opened in 2010 and within the world, it is one of the biggest terminals, capable of manage according to year 40 million passengers. nowadays T1A, T1B terminals are unused.
From terminal 3 all International flights are operated, From Terminal 1 or Terminal 3Domestic Flights are operated, depending on the Carrier. Lowcost Carriers are operated from Terminal 1,
whilst the alternative carriers are operated from T3. Check under a few facts you should know of both terminals.
Terminal 1 (C-D)
- Airlines: For home flights of LowCost CarriersTerminal 1 is best used
- 2 Buildings: Terminal 1 is divided into 2 running buildings: C – D
- Terminal 1C: This is used for home arrivals.
- Terminal 1D: This is used for home departures. It has the potential to address 15 million passengers according to year.
- New Terminal: For the Commonwealth Games, the Terminal was opened in 2010.
- 2 Floors: The bottom floor is dedicated to arrivals, the pinnacle floor is dedicated to departures.
- Flights: The terminal operates all International flights, however also a few Domestic Flights.
- Airlines: Is used for all worldwide Airlines.
Delhi airport airlines
New Delhi airport is served by the following airlines: Air Mauritius • AirAsia • Alitalia • All Nippon Airways • Ariana Afghan Airlines • Asiana Airlines • Aeroflot • Air Arabia • Air Astana • Air Canada • Air China • Air France • Air India • Air Italy • Avia Traffic Company • Azerbaijan Airlines • Bhutan Airlines • China Southern • Druk Air • Emirates • Ethiopian Airlines • Finnair • Flydubai • Flynas • GoAir • Gulf Air • IndiGo • Iraqi Airways • Japan Airlines • Jazeera Airways • Kam Air • KLM
Biman Bangladesh Airlines • British Airways • Cathay Pacific • China Airlines • China Eastern • Korean Air • Kuwait Airways • Lufthansa • Mahan Air • Malaysia Airlines • Saudia • Singapore Airlines • Shandong Airlines • SpiceJet • SriLankan Airlines • Swiss • Tajik Air • Malindo Air • Nepal Airlines • NokScoot • Oman Air • Pakistan International Airlines • Qatar Airways • Thai Airways • Turkish Airlines • Turkmenistan Airlines • Ukraine Airlines • United Airlines • Uzbekistan Airways • Virgin Atlantic • Vistara.
Delhi airport Tips and Tidbits
- During winter, the airport is often affected by fog, which is worst within the mornings and evenings. Anyone traveling all through this time ought to be prepared for flight delays and cancellations.
- You can save your luggage at the airport. There’s a garage facility inside the multi-degree carpark throughout from Terminal 3.
- The airport has spas for passengers in need of pampering. Heaven on Earth Spa is positioned at Terminal 1 Departures, and O2 Spa has retailers at Terminal 2 International and Domestic Departures.
Delhi Airport Facilities & Services
Food & Drink:
Inside the airport, You will find a Coffee Day or Costa Coffee at every turn. For an amazing tipple earlier than takeoff, take a look at the Daredevils bar (yes, of IPL fame) at T3 international and The Good Times Bar on the home side.
There is a food court docket on the home and worldwide terminal to grab a brief bite, but if you’re absolutely hungry, head to Smokehouse Bar & Cafe and Ember for something substantial. At 1D, FresCo is the eating place to note.
If you’d want to wait inside the public areas, there are enough TV displays and video partitions to preserve you engaged. Plaza Premium runs lounges in any respect of departure points. If you are traveling outdoor in the country, you’ll also find the ITC Green Lounge and the Kingfisher’s first lounge, which is utilized by Oneworld member airlines.
Apart from ongoing buffets for the duration of the day, you may clutch a drink on order and get the internet get right of entry to on their workstations. With an Indian MasterCard, you may get into the Plaza Premium lounges for free. Wi-Fi is to be had throughout the airport, however, registration calls for a mobile cellphone number.
If you need to sleep at the airport, there are shut-eye chairs sprinkled liberally across the terminals. For your privacy, you can lease a napping pod from Sams Snooze At My Space for Rs 500 to Rs 700 in keeping with an hour for single/double occupancy.
The pod comes fitted with running tables, a TV, and all of the resort’s luxuries. If you need extra space, the Eaton transit inn will find the money for you for good sleep and comfort.
Also, bathe and spa centers are to be had at all the lounges on the international departures.
Delhi Airport Hotels
If dozing in New Delhi Airport does now not an attraction to you, there is transit in and snoozing pods in the terminal similar to nearby motels inside a five-10 minute radius of the airport.
Hotels in New Delhi Airport
- In Transit Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport – Located in the transit area. The resort is split into two wings with rooms to be had in each the International and the Domestic wings of Terminal three. Access from Terminal 3, Level 5. Hourly charges and day rooms are to be had.
- In Transit Sam’s Snooze at My Space – In-transit snoozing pods are to be had and maybe booked in a number of options, ie. 3 hours, 4-5 hours, etc. Location: International Departures, Terminal 3, Gate 17. Starting costs: US$ 36/3 hours (unmarried) and US$ 65/3 hours (double).
- In Transit Plaza Premium Lounge – Private day rooms with attached lavatory and bathing facilities. Rates start at 2650 INR for 3 hours minimum (unmarried occupancy) and 3725 INR for 3 hours minimum (double occupancy). Three locations: Domestic Arrivals Terminal 3, Domestic Arrivals Landside Terminal 1, International Arrivals Terminal 3.
Hotels close to New Delhi Airport
- Near Airport Pullman New Delhi Aerocity – Located close to Terminal 1 and 3. however, access to the Airport Express Line is a 5-minute walk Airport shuttle is not available.
- Near Airport Hotel Delhi Aerocity – (five minute drive from Terminal three) This finances hotel affords airport transfers (24 hours a day) are available upon request for Rs.480/- (1 Car/ 3 persons) for the pick-up and Rs.300/- for drop-off.
Delhi airport has many things to describe regarding the airport like Delhi airport terminals, Delhi airport hotels, and many more which you have to follow if you want to travel with Delhi airport Airlines.