Lima Airport – Jorge Chávez International Airport (LIM) Guide
Lima is the capital city of Peru, now officially called the Republic of Peru. When you are traveling to and from Lima, Peru in South America and are at Lima Airport, it is a good idea to know about the airport and services it offers. Having general information and tips, especially when traveling alone or with a companion can actually save you from experiencing troubled moments.
Our Jorge Chávez International Airport guide gives you all the essential insights that you, as a traveler, can make use of while journeying across places in any part of the globe.
- Overview of Lima Airport – Jorge Chávez International Airport
- Lima Airport – Jorge Chávez International Airport (LIM) Terminals
- Lima Airport Domestic & International Flights
- Facilities and Services Available at Lima Airport for Passengers
- Hotels near Lima airport
Overview of Lima Airport – Jorge Chávez International Airport
Address: Avenida Elmer Faucett, Jorge Chavez International Airport, Callao 07031, Peru
Phone: (511) 517-3100 / (511) 511-6055
Lima airport is also referred to as the Jorge Chavez International Airport, which is situated in the district of Callao. The airport is named in honor of the famed Peruvian aviator Jorge Chavez (Jorge Antonio Chavez Dartnell is his full name) who died in an unfortunate crash in the year 1910.
It is operated by Lima Airport Partners (LAP) and serves as the prominent airport in Peru for domestic, international, and cargo flights. Lima Cargo City is the hub for cargo airlines.
Lima Airport – Jorge Chávez International Airport (LIM) Terminals
There is only one terminal at Lima Airport. The airport is open 24 hours. Despite having only one terminal and being particularly small in area, when compared with other international airports, Lima Airport is a principal transport hub. Each year, it receives between 16 and 18 million international and domestic passengers.
Lima Airport Domestic & International Flights
The Lima Airport or Jorge Chavez International Airport services dozens of domestic and international flights. These flights include Aerolineas:
Argentinas, Aeromexico, Air Canada Rouge, Air Europe, Air France, Avianca, Avianca Costa Rica, Avianca Ecuador, Avianca El Salvador, Avianca Peru, Avior Airlines, British Airways, Copa Airlines, Delta Airlines, Estelar Latinoamerica, Gol Transportes Aereos, Iberia, Interjet, JetBlue,
JetSmart, KLM, LATAM Argentina, LATAM Brasil, LATAM Chile, LATAM Ecuador, LATAM Paraguay, LATAM Peru, Plus Ultra Lineas Aereas, Sky Airline, Sky Airline Peru, Spirit Airlines, Star Peru, United Airlines, Viva Air Colombia, Viva Air Peru, Wayraperu and Wingo.
Facilities and Services Available at Lima Airport for Passengers
Lima Airport provides essential facilities and services to travelers.
There are help desks at the airport to assist passengers with their queries. In-person assistance and answers to common queries such as information about flights, boarding, etc. are well taken care of.
The Jorge Chavez International Airport provides Wi-Fi connectivity. You can also connect your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to Starbucks’ Wi-Fi.
At the Lima Airport, Left Luggage and Safe Bag offer luggage protection and locker services. Safe Bag is located near doors 6 and 7 of the Hall of Check-In.
There are premium lounges at Lima Airport. One such premium lounge is the VIP Peru lounge located in the departures terminal. International VIP Lounge HANAQ and International VIP Lounge SUMAQ are exclusive VIP Lounges for international passengers. They include free Wi-Fi, a buffet, bar, business center, TV, restroom, and other facilities.
The National VIP Lounge “El Salón by Newrest” is an exclusive VIP Lounge for national passengers. It includes free Wi-Fi, a buffet, bar, business center, TV, restroom, and other facilities.
There is also a salon called the VIP Club, which is exclusively for First class passengers.
Shops, Cafes and Restaurants
- The Lima Duty-Free store has tax-free products. You can purchase perfumes, cosmetics, liquor, sweets, and other products. The store can be found in International Departures Concourse and International Arrivals Concourse.
- Be Smart store provides accessories for cell phones, tablets, and laptops of good quality with a modern and innovative design.
- Bijoux Terner store sells many accessories for women of all ages. One can purchase ring, necklaces, watches, garments, and other things, all for S/. 34.90 (per unit).
- Britt Shop Peru store sells Peruvian souvenirs. T-shirts, handicrafts, magazines, newspapers, books, snacks, and gourmet products.
- Chocolat store sells chocolates, chocolate candies, and cacao. Panama hats are also sold here if you wish to try one.
- Coolbox store sells articles, modern-day technology audio, video, computing, gadgets, and travel security products.
- 365 Deli is a take-away stand where you can buy cold sandwiches, pies, wraps, snacks, and hot and cold beverages.
- Bar Bleriot has the best drinks.
- China wok is a fast-food restaurant.
- Dunkin Donuts offers different donuts and munchkins, as well as sandwiches, hot and cold beverages.
- Hamka Cafeteria offers delicious sandwiches, salads, drinks, coffee, and desserts.
- These stores and eateries are open 24 hours.
Hotels near Lima airport
The Wyndham Costa del Sol hotel is the nearest hotel for passengers to stay. The hotel is located close to the arrivals exit, adjacent to the control tower. However, one can find more hotels, especially in Miraflores and San Isidro, which are not far from the airport and are safe, too. Hotels are situated close to bus stops, i.e. at walking distance, so catching a bus to the airport should not be a challenge.
Transportation between the Lima Airport or Jorge Chavez Internation Airport and the city of Lima is provided by taxis, buses, and vans.
- The Airport Express Lima is the main bus service provided to passengers and operates from the airport to Miraflores (which is 17 km away from the airport) and San Isidro.
- Buses are available every 30 minutes and also have facilities such as semi-bed seats, TVs, Wi-Fi, USB ports for charging phones, security cameras, and, of course, enough room for keeping baggage.
- The bus service has 17 departures daily from the Airport to Miraflores and from Miraflores to the Airport. Their service hours are from 07:30 am till 11:30 pm. You will find counters at International and Domestic Arrivals or also e-book your seat via WhatsApp mobile app.
- Travellers can also take a ride in the newly opened Lima Metro that connects the airport’s terminal.
- There are licenced taxis available for travellers/tourists at Lima’s Jorge Chavez International Airport. CMV taxi service is available to VIP executives and travellers in accordance with the highest international quality standards.
- There are also late-model luxury sedans with authorized access to the first lane in order to ensure satisfactory service. You will find the CMV taxi service counter at the International Arrivals section.
- Mitsoo is a preferential transportation service for first-level officers and visitors. The company offers first-rate transportation solutions, provides modern and luxury vehicles and makes sure safety, integrity and respect. Customers are picked directly from the International Arrivals section to the vehicles without having to exit the airport’s building.
- Taxi 365 picks up and transports passengers to the airport. You will find their counters at the International and Domestic Arrivals sections.
- Taxi Directo is another reliable taxi service. They boast of having qualified drivers. You can find them inside the airport at International and Domestic Arrivals sections.
- Taxi Green provides transportation services from and to the airport. Their vehicles have authorised access to the second lane. You can find their sales points inside the airport’s International and Domestic Arrivals sections.
- There are a few companies that provide car rental services to travellers/tourists from and to the Lima Airport. Budget Car Rental Perú is the main company with over 40 years experience in service.
- It provides rental of high-end cars and heavy-duty vehicles. Its commitment is to make it’s customers’ travel experience in Peru an extraordinary one.
- ANC Group is an agency that provides rental vehicles. The agency renders its services in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua, and Perú. ANC Group operates Alamo Rent a Car, National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent Car franchises.
- Inka’s Rent a Car S.A. has an experience of more than 38 years in the rental of vehicles. Due to its expertise, positioning and high service standards, in 2000 the business enterprise got a license to represent Hertz in Peru.
- It has been operating its car rental services at Lima’s Jorge Chavez International Airport since 1992.
- The parking lot is located right in front of the main building of the Jorge Chavez International Airport. Los Portales operates the parking lot at the airport.
- They also have a dedicated phone number, e-mail and website to contact them. The section on the right of the parking lot entrance is designated for prolonged parking i.e. 24 hours.
- Parking fees vary by size of the vehicle and the duration of parking. Here, smaller vehicles are measured as 2.20 metres in height, while taller vehicles over 2.20 metres.
- There is, however, a penalty if you happen to lose your parking ticket. The penalty for smaller vehicles is S/. 40 ($11.96) and S/. 120 ($35.8) for taller vehicles. So, try not to lose your parking ticket, or you will end up paying the cost.
- Payments are inclusive of VAT and can be made at cashiers or at ATM machines in front of the terminal before leaving the parking lot. Short stay parking is accepted in cash in Peruvian Sols (symbolized as S/.) or U.S. dollars.
- However, in case of prolonged parking, payments are accepted only via debit/credit card. Visa, Mastercard, and Diners cards are also accepted.
Lima Airport, also known as Jorge Chavez International Airport, is one of the busiest and most modern airports in South America. Since 2001, there have been renovations and consequently, Lima Airport has received many awards, one such award being “Best Airport in South America”.
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Our only goal is to help all travelers get peace of mind so that they can travel with confidence. If you need more information related to the airport and its facility, do not hesitate to talk to our customer care executive dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547.