Portland Jetport is a public airport 3 km west of downtown Portland, in Cumberland County, Maine, United States. It is owned and operated via the City of Portland. A portion of the Jetport’s property, including the main runway, is within the neighboring metropolis of South Portland.
Portland jetport is the busiest in the state. In 2018, for the first time, the jetport handled extra than 2 million passengers, breaking the record of 1.86 million units in 2017.
Portland Jetport has many things to describe regarding the jetport like Portland Jetport Terminals, Portland Jetport hotels, and many more which you have to follow if you want to travel with Portland Jetport Airlines. So here below we will be describing every possible detail of the airport which will help out when you have an idea regarding the airport.
In current years, the Jetport has benefited from service by using low-price providers such as Southwest Airlines and JetBlue, as well as Portland’s increased popularity as a vacation destination. A survey performed in June 2011 located PWM to be the most less costly airport inside the region, and the third most inexpensive in New England.
In October 2011, PWM completed a $75 million maintenance and growth of its terminal to permit more airline carriers and more facilities for passengers. In 2020, PWM received $4.5 million in a federal price range to construct a 1,200-foot-lengthy taxiway connecting runways.
Portland Jetport Terminal details
portland jetport has only one terminal, so you can easily make connections among gates on foot.
Portland Jetport Facilities
- Money: Before and after security There are ATMs.
- Luggage: For a fee Luggage trolleys are available. Lost baggage queries are handled by character airlines.
- Conference and enterprise: There isn’t plenty in the manner of commercial enterprise facilities at the airport.
- Other facilities: puppy relief location, vending machines, and handicapped facilities.
- Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi access is available all through the terminal.
- Shopping: shopping could be very limited inside the Portland Jetport. There are more than one newsstand and a CNBC present shop, but that’s quite a great deal.
- Food and drink: Although the airport is small, there are dining alternatives in nearly every area. A snack bar and the Shipyard Brewport restaurant are positioned in the public region of the terminal; while, beyond security, there’s a full-provider Shipyard eating place, a grab-and-go snack bar, and a Starbucks, in addition to beverage vending machines.
Portland Jetport Hotels
If sleeping in Portland jetport does now not appeal to you, there are inns close to the airport:
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Jetport Airport – (2 mins from the airport) Located opposite the airport terminal entrance. You can stroll from the airport or take the unfastened commute, which runs from 4:00 AM to Midnight.
- Embassy Suites Portland Jetport – (2 minutes from the airport) Free airport commute is available. For airport pick-up, inside the baggage claim area use the courtesy phone.
Portland Jetport Airlines
Portland Jetport Tips & Facts
- You may shop a few greenbacks on airfare by using flying inside and outside of New Hampshire’s Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, but you have to ask yourself if it’s far really worth the hassle. If you stay in or are traveling to the Portland location and pick the Manchester airport, you’ll add numerous hours to your journey and want to factor within the cost of extra gas.
- Fans of public artwork will need to try and find “Playing Bears,” a couple of wood sculptures via Maine local Bernard Langlais. The massive sculptures, established at the airport in 2014, were donated to the City of Portland with the aid of the artist’s estate. There are many greater rustic sculptures to see on Maine’s Langlais Art Trail.
- For an absolutely Maine picture op, pose with the taxidermied bull moose near baggage claim.
- There are rocking chairs by way of the large windows overlooking the tarmac, where you can rock far away from the strain of traveling at the same time as you watch for your flight.
Portland Jetport Parking
There are seven color-coded parking lots on airport grounds, and you may take a look at area availability online or by calling 207-772-7028. Short-term parking on level one of the Blue Lot is unfastened for half-hour and $1 each half-hour thereafter or $48 in step with day. Stay inside the proper lane as you force beyond the terminal if you plan to utilize this option.
All different long-term options, together with higher levels of the five-story garage, simply steps from the terminal below a protected walkway, are $14 according to today except for the discounted Pink Lot, in which the rate is handiest $5 per day. Be conscious that some plenty, which includes the Pink Lot, only accept credit cards for payment. A commute connecting the Pink Lot to the terminal runs each 20 minutes, 24 hours in keeping with day.
Picking someone up? Pull into the unfastened Cell-Phone Lot, or wait near the baggage claim in the passenger pickup area.
Travelers can also choose personal valet parking near the airport at Park and Jet. The daily fee is $14 with a -day minimum. You won’t truly store any money, but you could take advantage of extra services, which include an oil change, tire rotation, or vehicle wash, whilst your car is parked.
Portland Jetport is an easy experience on either the Maine Turnpike (I-95) to go out 46 or I-295 to go out three for Westbrook Street.
Public Transportation and Taxis
The Jetport is served by way of Greater Portland Metro buses (Route 5). Taxis are always ready to be had directly out of doors the luggage claim. Mid-Coast Limo gives transportation among the airport and Maine locations as far away as Belfast, Northport, and Lincolnville.
Rental Cars at Portland Jetport
Like all elements of navigating Portland Jetport, the rental car procedure here is straightforward and efficient. Counters for all of the corporations that serve passengers are housed in an attractive glass atrium on the first floor of the parking garage: simply steps from the terminal.
Rental vehicle groups are on-site on the Jetport consisting of Alamo, AVIS, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National.
Where to Eat and Drink
Grab a short bite before your flight at Great American Bagel or Burger King, or liberally at Starbucks. Better yet, revel in one final taste of Maine at Linda Bean Maine Lobster Cafe (close to Gate 10) or Shipyard Brewport (near Gate 5), which has a desk provider and a bar serving Portland-brewed Shipyard beers.
If you’re seeking out a niche to meet, drink, and dine close to the airport with extra surroundings and a Maine-inspired menu, pop over to Waypoint Restaurant within the Embassy Suites hotel. Try the lobster-crowned Red Claw Pizza or a Fried Haddock Reuben.
Where to Shop
The Portland Jetport can in no manner rival South Portland’s Maine Mall, but for your necessities, pop into Best Buy Express (close to Gate 9). You can fill your carry-on with a few more souvenirs, too, at either Downeast Marketplace/Cool As A Moose (close to Gate 6) or CNBC Portland jetport (close to Gate 3).
How early have I arrived before my flight?
We recommend that you arrive 1 1/2 – 2 hours before your scheduled departure, specifically at some point in the early morning 5:30 A.M. – 7 A.M, mid-morning, early afternoon 10 A.M. – 2 P.M, or evening 5 P.M. – 7 P.M rush periods. This has to give you enough time to park, check-in, and bypass thru screening.
Where do I locate solutions to other questions about airport security?
Visit the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) internet site, www.Tsa.Gov, or call them at 800-255-1111.
Can I bring my laptop computer on the plane?
Yes. Please be aware that when you bypass through screening, you’ll likely be asked to eliminate the computer from its sporting case. However, the TSA has these days made provision for cases specifically designed to allow screening of the laptop without removal. Visit www.Tsa.Gov for details.
Whom must I call approximately lost luggage?
Contact the airline. If you’ve already left the airport, we advocate the use of the airline’s website to record the missing luggage. Web addresses and smartphone numbers for the airline baggage workplaces are indexed on our Passenger Airlines page.
City of Portland
389 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
If you have any queries or questions regarding the Portland Jetport then you may contact the Portland Jetport Customer Support Team to get more information about the airport. You may even contact us, Treknova on toll-free number 1-800-831-1547 for help.