Santiago Chile Airport Guide, Facilities & Nearby Hotels
Santiago Chile Airport, also called Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport, Santiago Chile Airport, or Pudahuel Airport, serves the town of Santiago and it is the most important and busiest airport in Chile.
The airport is owned by the Chilean government and has been running due to the fact that in October 2015 with the aid of Nuevo Pudahuel, a consortium of agencies formed by Aéroports de Paris (France), Vinci (France), and Astaldi (Italy). Air site visitors’ control is dealt with by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation. Its ICAO category is 4F. The airport capabilities as a joint civil-army facility.
Santiago Chile Airport has many things to describe regarding the airport like Santiago Chile Airport levels, Santiago Chile Airport facilities, and many more which you have to follow if you want to travel with Santiago Chile Airport Airlines. So here in below we will be describing every possible detail of the airport which will help out when you have an idea regarding the airport.
- Santiago Chile Airport Guide, Facilities & Nearby Hotels
- Santiago Chile Airport Levels
- Santiago Chile Airport Arrivals and Departures
- Santiago Chile Airport Facilities
- Santiago Chile Airport Transport Facilities
- Santiago Chile Airport Hotels
- Santiago Chile Airport Airlines
- For Help
Santiago Chile Airport Levels
Santiago Chile Airport Terminal is composed of the following levels:
This is the Arrivals degree. It is split into international and home areas. Here you could locate Baggage Claim, Duty-Free Shop, Customs and Border Control, Ground Transportation Services (bus, taxi, and automobile rentals), Parking Areas, and Holiday Inn Hotel access.
- Services: ATMs, infant care rooms, public phones, restrooms, statistics desk, amongst others.
This is the connections check-in stage for global passengers, the storage area, and the boarding vicinity for domestic flights. Administrative workplaces are additionally positioned at this degree. Find additionally in stage 2 some VIP lounges.
This is the Departure and check-in stage. Find right here the home and worldwide boarding location and the check-in for both domestic and worldwide flights in addition to the automated check-in.
- International gates 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17A, 17B, 18B, 18A, 19B, 19A, 20A and 20B.
- Domestic gates 21, 22, 23A, and 23B.
- Services: Public phones, restrooms, cellular chargers, disabled restrooms, ATMs, cash machines, information desk, child care rooms, amongst others.
- VIP rooms are located at this stage.
The fourth level is where restaurants and VIP Check-in areas (LATAM) are located.
- Services: Restrooms, public phones, protection checks, handicapped restrooms, etc.
- There are some VIP lounges to be had at this degree too.
Santiago Chile Airport Arrivals and Departures
The income desk is open at some stage in the handling of QF28 on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday and is positioned throughout the check-in counters.
- Check-in is open from 10.30 am to 1:30 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Economy check-in is available in the most important passenger terminal. Check the records screens because the counter numbers may also vary.
- Check-in for Business, Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Club, and Oneworld Emerald customers is positioned within the preferential check-in place to LATAM Business Class Suite at the 4th degree, Entrance 6.
- Online check-in is available for Qantas worldwide flights (QF1-199) and other eligible connecting flights operated via Oneworld, partner, and codeshare airlines. Online check-in opens 24 hours earlier than your flight departure and closes hours earlier than global flight departures.
- Information monitors show flight carousel numbers.
- Baggage services are handled by using Qantas.
- Customer provider desks are placed adjoining to carousels.
- The workplace is placed on the second one level airline suites west aspect of the terminal and opens from 5 pm to 9 pm, Monday to Friday.
Santiago Chile Airport Facilities
Duty-Free buying is to be had inside the global arrivals Level 1, and international departures Level three, facing gates 18, 17, and 15.
Santiago Chile Airport (SCL) offers various shops selling souvenirs, perfume, jewelry, Chilean crafts, music, accessories, wine, and liquor.
Restaurants and Bars
Fast food, coffee, pastries, sandwiches, fruit juices, salads, desserts, and ice cream are served in a massive variety of restaurants, cafes, and bars in all areas of the terminal (public zone, home flights, and worldwide flights).
Internet facilities are positioned on Level 3 of the home rotunda within the public zone, facing gates 14 and 17 in Level three of international departures, and additionally on Level 2 and contrary gate 20 on Level three of domestic departures.
Correos de Chiles gives postal offerings within and out of doors Chile. It’s placed on Level 1 of the central home hall.
Currency Exchange and ATMs
Foreign Exchange Desks
Currency trade is available by Afex, with offices positioned on Level 1 and Level three of the central global hall and on Level 1 of the global arrivals zone.
Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs)
Local bank branches are positioned on Level 1 of the central domestic hall and Level 2 of the central global corridor. ATMs are available on all levels of the central global corridor, Levels 1 and 2 of the central domestic corridor, and facing gates 20 and 26 at home departures.
Santiago Chile Airport Transport Facilities
These buses offer a shuttle provider to the subway station and buses “Pajaritos”, a neuralgic point with a purpose to join you with the rest of the metropolis of Santiago or take a bus to different cities of hobby along with Viña Del Mar and Valparaíso, that are an hour and a 1/2 from Santiago and are very touristy.
Advantages of this carrier: it’s far the maximum low-budget of the options, the one-way ride has a fee of $ 1700 Chilean pesos (much less than three US dollars) and $ 3000 if they buy spherical experience. They have a terrific frequency, they leave every 10 to 15 minutes.
Disadvantages: These buses perform only between 6 AM and 11:30 PM so if you arrive after that time, you must use another choice or wait at the airport. The space for the luggage is a bit uncomfortable and small, within the buses Centropuerto you need to convey the suitcases with you on your own, in the Turbus from time to time there is someone who facilitates you convey up the luggage, however, besides you ought to get it off.
The price tag is offered at the identical bus and it is necessary to pay with Chilean pesos, so I recommend you to change cash before, but only what is necessary to transport due to the fact the trade at the airport isn’t always the best. You will find those buses leaving thru door 6 of the airport on the primary floor. For extra records on instances and frequencies, you may consult the pages of Centropuerto and Tribus respectively.
Just leaving the control zone may be besieged by professional and unofficial taxi drivers. Before boarding any taxi ask the rate immediately, if the taxi driver tells you that it’s far consistent with the meter, ask the approximate fee. Tell him with conviction the area where you pass and if it asks if it’s far your first time in Chile, inform him that you had been here before.
The advantages of using a taxi: quicker and greater comfort, can be inexpensive if shared with pals and perform 24 hours a day.
Disadvantages: it’s a far greater cost than taking the bus. Even if it really works all night if your purpose is to get to the metro in Santiago, maintain in mind that this does not work all night time. If you aren’t cautious you could be ripped off with prices. Always take into account the license plate for any next problem.
It’s miles a provider shared with other passengers, which decreases the price a little, but this may constantly rely upon the specific direction that you go. Some organizations that perform in the airport of Santiago are Delfos and Transvip, in whose pages you can consult in a specific manner in keeping with the route to which you are going, the fee of the ride. Of both, I even have used the second one and are extremely extreme and responsible.
Advantages of the use of transfer: decreases the value of being a shared provider, but always relies on the distance which you tour.
Disadvantages: More delays in getting in which you go depending on in which the opposite passengers cross.
It is surely the most luxurious alternative, but it can be useful if you need to tour at your very own pace, without relying on the schedules of other styles of a switch or different passengers. It can be important to fulfill certain requirements, along with having a local or worldwide driving force’s license, being of criminal age, and having a credit card for the guarantee.
Advantages: greater autonomy of motion without counting on schedules of the nearby approach of transport.
Disadvantages: Must accomplish the above minimum necessities for automobile rental. The traffic and the road signs and symptoms in Santiago are a touch chaotic, it is able to all at once be stressful. Gasoline is high priced, this will further boom the value.
Santiago Chile Airport Hotels
If slumbering in Santiago de Chile Airport does no longer enchantment to you, there are resorts close to the airport:
- At Airport Holiday Inn Santiago Airport Terminal – No airport goes back and forth. Located directly throughout the airport terminal.
- Near Airport Hotel Diego de Almagro Aeropuerto – (five mins from the airport) Free 24 hour airport switches are available, every half-hour departing on the hour and half-hour. On arrival, continue to the Trans VIP counter, at the Arrivals Level.
- Near Airport Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport – (9 minutes from the airport) 24-hour Free airport transfers. Shuttles run each 30 minutes between 6:00 AM and 2:00 PM (no reservation required). From 2:30 PM – 5:30 AM you should request a pick-up (unfastened) through email: HGI_ReservaSantiago@hilton.Com
- Near Airport Hotel Manquehue Aeropuerto – (10 minutes from the airport) A loose shuttle bus from the airport to the motel is available.
Near Airport City Express Santiago Aeropuerto – (10 mins from the airport) A loose shuttle provider to and from the airport is available. It should be arranged in advance with the lodge.
Santiago Chile Airport Airlines
As of December 2019, Santiago Chile airport is served by the following airlines: Copa Airlines • DAP • Delta Airlines • Aerolíneas Argentinas • Aeroméxico • Air Canada • Air France • Alitalia • American Airlines • Avianca • British Airways • Emirates • Estelar Latinoamerica • GOL • Iberia • Jetsmart • Sky Airlines • KLM • LATAM • Level • One Airlines • Qantas Airways • United Airlines.
+56 2 2690 1796
Casilla 79 Correo Aeropuerto Internacional, Santiago, Chile
If you have any queries or questions regarding the Santiago Chile airport then you may contact the Santiago Chile airport Customer Support Team to get more information about the Santiago Chile airport. You may even contact us, Treknova on toll-free number 1-800-831-1547 for help.