Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) Guide, Facilities & Nearby Hotels
Washington Dulles Airport, also called Dulles International Airport, Dulles Airport, Washington Dulles, or actually, Washington Dulles airport is a worldwide airport in the Eastern United States, placed in Loudoun County and Fair fax County in Virginia, 26 miles (forty-two km) west of Downtown Washington, D.C.
Opened in 1962, it is named after John Foster Dulles (1888–1959), the 52nd U.S. Secretary of State who served below President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Washington Dulles Airport has many things to describe regarding the airport like Washington Dulles Airport terminals, Washington Dulles Airport hotels, and many more which you have to follow if you want to travel with Washington Dulles Airport Airlines. So here in below we will be describing every possible detail of the airport which will help out when you have an idea regarding the airport.
- Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) Guide, Facilities & Nearby Hotels
- Washington Dulles Airport Terminals
- Inter-Terminal Transport
- Parking & Transportation
- Hotels near Washington Dulles Airport
- Washington Dulles Airport shopping
- Washington Dulles Airport Airlines
- For Help
Washington Dulles Airport Terminals
Washington Dulles Airport has a clear format that lets passengers smooth movement between connecting flights and areas around the airport. Washington Dulles Airport has 1 essential terminal constructed out of doors of the secure area and 4 airside concourses that take a seat parallel to the terminal. Passengers can also move between concourses through a pedestrian walkway or with the aid of riding the AeroTrain. Car parking and floor transportation are located outdoors in the terminal.
The terminal itself is broken up across 2 tiers with departures on the top degree and arrivals on the lower degree. Both degrees have road get entry outside for curbside drop-off and pick-up. Ground transportation is on a third decrease degree outdoor of the terminal, so the street systems are tiered across three stages – departures, arrivals, and floor transportation.
4 ticketing regions are positioned on the higher degree of the terminal, and these correspond with four drop-off regions out of doors relying on your airline. After ticketing, there are 2 security checkpoints on either quit of the terminal, and these lead via the pedestrian walkway to the A/B gates, AeroTrain stations, Z gates, or to the D gates trip bus.
Arrivals are on the lower degree with luggage declare spanning the whole width of the terminal and escalators to the departures level and security checkpoints.
Once in the secure location, passengers have to get entry to 5 concourses – A, B, C, D, and Z. There are distinct transportation alternatives to be had which might be outlined in the inter-terminal transport segment below.
Concourse A has 19 gates numbered A1-A6, A14-A16, A19-A20, A22-A27, and A31-A32. Gates A1-A6 are positioned on the decrease stage, which is on the identical degree because of the AeroTrain station, and the other gates are reachable on the top degree.
There’s an amazing range of shops and restaurants at the side of the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, Air France/KLM Lounge, Etihad First and Business Class Lounge, and a chapel.
Concourse B has 29 gates numbered B37-B38, B40-B45, B47-B51, B62-B67, B70-B76, B78-B79, and B81. The Turkish Airlines Lounge, British Airways Galleries Lounge, and Lufthansa Lounge are all based totally in Concourse B, and there may be a huge choice of stores and eating places, in addition to a smoking lounge.
Concourse C has 24 gates numbered C 1-C 9, C 11-C 12, C 14, C 17-C20, C 22-C 24, and C 26-C 28. Concourse C has 2 United Club lounges, a United Global First Lounge, and a reasonable choice of stores and restaurants.
Concourse D has 25 gates numbered D1-D8, D10-D12, D14-D16, D18-D21, D23-D24, D26, D29-D30, and D32. There’s a very good selection of shops and eating places and a United Club lounge.
Concourse Z consists of four gates numbered Z6, Z7, Z9, and Z10. It’s located near the AeroTrain station and exit to baggage claim, with a Subway and a Dunkin’ Donuts, but that’s approximately it!
- AeroTrain: AeroTrain is an automatic rail service that runs underground among the terminal and the concourses inside the stable area. It’s a quick choice for passengers journeying to and from their gates because it takes just 2 mins among stations.
- AeroTrain lines operate: After the west protection checkpoint, transporting passengers to Concourse B.
- After the east protection checkpoint, transporting passengers to Concourse A and Concourse C
- People Mover: The human movers that operate at Washington Dulles Airport are half jet bridge-1/2 bus. They increase up to the aircraft door, and passengers disembark without delay into the people mover to be transported to the terminal or concourse. Once a feat of present-day technology, the human beings movers at the moment are outdated via the green AeroTrain, however many still operate between:
- The important terminal and Concourse D
- Concourse D and Concourse A
- Walking: Passengers can also walk from the primary terminal to Concourse A and B through an underground tunnel with moving walkways. Concourses A and B are interlinked, and so are Concourses C and D, so passengers may also walk between concourses to make use of the facilities.
Parking & Transportation
Want to park your vehicle at Washington Dulles Airport then you can get many parking lots that are available at different rates and with different proximity and services. Here we’ll discuss the parking lots available at the airports.
Terminal parking is easily accessible to passengers and it is located at the front gate of the terminal. You can get there by walking some steps. In this parking lot, you can get parking space on the basis of first come first serve otherwise you have an option of booking your parking space in advance.
This parking lot is the closest to the Washington Dulles airport terminal. There are two access points for the passengers who park their vehicles there. They have an option to go to the terminal through the underground pedestrian walkway. There is no boundation for the maximum and the minimum stay in the parking. But if your vehicles stay for longer than 45 days then officials may remove your vehicles from the premises at the owner’s expense.
Rate: Hourly rate: $6 per hour
The daily rate of up to 24 hours is $27 per hour.
Parking Garage 1 & 2
Parking garage 1 and 2 is located beside the terminal and are also accessible to passengers easily by walking. Parking 1 & 2 is the most convenient and full of facilities with an automated space counting system that indicates parking space available on each level. Parking garage 1 is connected via underground pedestrian walkways while parking garage 2 is connected with a covered pedestrian walkway.
Rate: Hourly rate: $6 per hour.
The daily rate for the day (24 hours) is $19 per day.
The economy parking lot is one of the farthest from the airport terminal. You can reach the terminal after parking your vehicles through the shuttle bus service which is available 24×7.
There is also no maximum stay length for the parking but after 45 days they can remove your vehicles from the premises. If you want to park your vehicles in the Economy parking lot then you can book your space in advance through the official website of Washington Dulles Airport.
Rate: In the economy parking lot, the hourly rate is not applied you have to pay $12 per day(24 hours).
Hotels near Washington Dulles Airport
If dozing in Washington Dulles Airport, there are sleep pods in the airport and inns nearby, many of which provide unfastened commute:
- Sleepbox Lounge – sixteen sound-evidence rooms that include a reminiscence foam XL twin-bed, pull-out desk, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth speakers, mood lighting, privacy window tint, and charging ports. Rooms can be booked hourly, or in 15 mins increments after the first hour. Location: Mezzanine level, among gates A6 and A14, close to the AeroTrain in Concourse A. Rates: $24/hour or up to $120/night.
- Washington Dulles Airport Marriott – (four minutes from the airport) Free scheduled airport shuttle is available. For airport pick-up, use the courtesy phone within the baggage declaration area.
- Westin Washington Dulles Airport – (10 mins from the airport) Free airport travel carrier runs to the airport every half-hour from 5:30 AM to 11:30 PM, and upon request after hours. The shuttle picks up at the airport (Arrival Curb 2A and 2H close to ground transportation) at the:15 and:45 of every hour, on the lower level outside of the luggage declaration.
- Best Western Dulles Airport Inn – (12 minutes from the airport) Free airport travel is available every day from 4:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Washington Dulles Airport shopping
Each concourse at Dulles International offers a selection of shops to satisfy your need for souvenirs, fashion, or practical requirements in your flight. Duty-Free Americas shops are available to those flying to their home countries, with all duty-free purchases introduced to you on your plane. With these duty-unfastened stores stationed in each of the 4 concourses, you won’t have any trouble finding the watches, liquor, and jewelry you want to take home.
Concourse A shopping
If you need a quick improve to your headphones or need to replace that cable you forgot, you can deal with electronics desires at Bluwire. Complete your outfit with the high-end style choices available at Burberry, or pick out up the add-ons and jewelry you need at Erwin Pearl or Montblanc.
Concourse B Shopping
Whether you want to take home an expensive gift or you’re shopping for a deal for yourself, you may find world-class accessories at Coach, Vera Bradley, Swarovski, or Landau Jewelry. Looking for a new outfit for that huge presentation? Stop in at Michael Kors, Vineyard Vines, Thomas Pink, or Polo Ralph Lauren. The Estee Lauder and MAC stores allow you to pick out up any cosmetics you can have run out of, even as Kiehl’s and L’Occitane provide top skincare choices. Stellar News and Washingtonian News ensure you’ve got the studying fabric you want on your flight.
Concourse C shopping
Pick up souvenirs to take domestic to cherished ones at America!, which features collectibles commemorating the United States and Washington, D.C. No one desires to board a flight without whatever to read, so stop in at Capitol City Ink or Hudson News for newspapers, magazines, and books, as well as last-minute travel requirements. If you want to replace a few electronics for your flight, InMotion Entertainment has you covered.
Concourse D Shopping
Stop in at Forbes News, Capitol City Ink, the NBC4 Travel Store, or Hudson News for that all-essential reading cloth to maintain you occupied to your flight. While Concourse D has confined shopping options, Concourse C is the simplest a stroll away.
Washington Dulles Airport Airlines
Washington Dulles airport is served by the following airlines: Alitalia • American Airlines • ANA • Austrian Airlines • Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Air Canada • Air China • Air France • Air India • Alaska Airlines • Avianca • Ethiopian Airlines • Etihad • Frontier Airlines • Icelandair • KLM • Korean Air • Lufthansa • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Cathay Pacific • Copa Airlines • Delta Airlines • EgyptAir • Emirates • Porter • Southwest Airlines • Sun Country Airlines • TAP • Turkish Airlines • United Airlines • Qatar Airways • Royal Air Maroc • SAS • Saudia • South African Airlines • Virgin Atlantic • Volaris.
If you have any queries or questions regarding the Washington Dulles airport then you may contact the Washington Dulles airport Customer Support Team to get more information about Washington Dulles airport. You may even contact us, Treknova on toll-free number 1-800-831-1547 for help.