Air Canada is the most important flag provider of Canada through fleet length and passenger transported and the biggest airline. WorldWide destinations for Air Canada are 207. Air Canada was established in 1937 and headquartered in Montreal, Quebec.
Get last-minute deals & discount for new booking & reservations. Also, get answers to all your queries related to airline baggage policy, allowance limit, carry-on weight limit, rules for international & domestic flights, fees, etc. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
Air Canada Baggage Policy
Air Canada checked baggage policy includes the following for the regular basic fares:
- 1 personal item – Fee free
- Checked baggage – Applicable costs according to bag.
- Overweight and Oversized bags – Applicable costs depends on luggage weight and size.
- Sports equipment – Certain items may have relevant charges.
- Carry-On Baggage
Air Canada Carry-On Allowance Baggage Policy?
It allows 1 personal item like a purse, laptop bag, and briefcase and only 1 carry-on bag fee is free for each passenger.
Following size and weight, the restriction should not be exceeded in carry-on baggage:
- Including handles and wheels, the bag should be within 118 centimeters or 45 linear inches
- In front of you, Fit the seat below or within the overhead bin.
Following size and weight, the restriction should not be exceeded in a personal item:
- The item should be within 92 centimeters or 36 linear inches.
- Fit below the seat in front of you or within the overhead bin.
- Assistive gadgets like wheelchairs, crutches, strollers, and so on and other items like umbrellas, diaper bags, jackets and duty-free items are not counted in carry-on allowance.
Lap-Little one carry-on policy:
If you’re visiting with an infant for your lap, you can bring 1 additional well-known article on your child’s belongings.
Stroller Check Policy:
- Smaller strollers can be checked on the baggage counter. The length of the stroller should not exceed a collapsed diameter of 10 inches (25.5 cm) and a length not exceeding 36 inches (ninety-two cm). Small strollers that are checked at the luggage counter will be available for pick out at the destination’s baggage hall, while strollers which are checked at the boarding are to be had on the plane door upon arrival in your destination.
- Large strollers need to be checked at the luggage counter.
Air Canada luggage hold policy
The details of the hold luggage policy of AirCanada Airlines are the following:
- 23 kilograms or 50 pounds maximum baggage weight is allowed.
- 158 centimeters or 62 inches are maximum dimensions allowed.
- 1 standard bag is allowed.
Air Canada Baggage Allowance fees
23 kilograms or 50 pounds maximum baggage weight limit and 158 centimeters or 62 linear inches dimension are allowed.
- 2 bags are included in Primary economy
- 2 bags are included in Business Class
- Economy: Details of economy class is given below in the table form:
|Route||1st Bag||2nd Bag||3rd+ bags|
|The domestic US||included||$70||$225|
|Canada to/from Europe||included||$100||$225|
|The US to/from Europe||included||$100||$225|
|The US to/from Mexico||$30||$50||$225|
|The US to/from Canada||$30||$50||$100 each|
Air Canada Baggage Fees
They are determined with the aid of the sort of fare you purchased, your destination, if you have a reputation with Air Canada’s (AC) common flyer program, fame with an affiliated carrier, or if you are a member of the Canadian or US military. Please check Air Canada’s website online for genuine charges.
For Air Canada domestic flight, standard checked baggage fees from/to the US to/ from the Caribbean flights:
- $30.00 USD/ $34.49 CAD for First Bag.
- $50.00 USD/ $57.49 CAD for Second Bag.
For Air Canada International flight, standard checked baggage fees from/to Canada International Flights:
- Free for First Bag.
- Some routes are free and $50.00 to 100.00 US/CA for others for the second bag.
Excess Baggage Fees
|Route||By Piece||23 to 32 kg overweight size||160 to 292 centimeters oversized|
|Domestic Canada||$100-$115||$105-$115||$105-$115 for bags|
|Canada to/from other international destinations||$225-$265.50||$100-$118||$100-$118|
|The U.S. to/from Mexico/Costa Rica/Caribbean/Bermuda||$225-$265.50||$100-$118||$100-$118|
|The U.S. to/from Canada||$100-$105||$100-$105||$100-$105|
Restricted Items on Air Canada Airlines
Air Canada airlines can restrict some items while flying. Details of restricted items are given below:
Common Restricted Items in Air Canada:
- Air purifiers and ionizers for private use:
- Are usual only in carry-on bags and must not be used on board the aircraft at any time.
- Air purifiers and ionizers for home use:
- Are familiar with carry-on luggage provided they continue to be accurately stowed in any respect times.
- Every day in checked baggage furnished the batteries are removed and located in carry-on bags.
- Canned oxygen (also known as flavored oxygen) isn’t always established in checked or carry-on bags.
- The situation that they’re geared up with Avalanche rescue backpacks are normal as checked baggage best on the:
- a pyrotechnic trigger mechanism with no greater than two hundred mg of explosive substance;
- The explosive ought to be packaged or designed in a manner that affords no giant hazard
- A cylinder of non-flammable, non-toxic compressed gas
- The cylinder has to remain within the backpack at all times. It may be either connected or disconnected and does not want to be emptied.
- The famous backpack should be packed in such a manner that it can’t be by threat activated. The airbag inside the backpack ought to be equipped with strain remedy valves
- Replacement/spare cylinders for rescue backpacks
- Replacement/spare cylinders are regular in checked bags only, furnished they’re empty.
- Avalanche transceivers
- Avalanche transceivers are regular in each carry-on and checked bags furnished the batteries are eliminated from the unit and saved separately.
- Compressed Cylinders or gas:
- Scuba tanks can be frequently checked baggage furnished so that you can show that the cylinder is empty.
- Paintball cylinders maybe every day as checked bags supplied you could display that the regulator/valve has been eliminated from the cylinder.
- CO2 cylinders and different pneumatic devices used inside the operation of mechanical limbs are regularly occurring in both carry-on and checked baggage.
- The following items are not widespread for delivery aboard our aircraft:
- Camping stove gas cartridges such as butane propane blend or propane. (See ‘Camping’ phase above)
- Propane cylinders
- Carbon dioxide or nitrogen cylinders (pressurized)
- Fire extinguishers
- Smart Bags:
- A ‘smart bag’ is a bag that has integrated charging, vicinity monitoring or different battery-powered technology.
- You may also carry your ‘clever bag’ onto the plane with you, furnished it meets carry-on baggage size restrictions.
- On smaller aircraft wherein carry-on bags ought to be positioned in the cargo hold, you’ll want to remove the battery and produce the battery into the cabin with you.
- If you propose on checking your ‘clever bag’, you will first want to dispose of the battery and produce the battery into the cabin with you. We will now not be capable of taking delivery of your bag as checked baggage if the battery cannot be removed.
Air Canada Musical Instruments Policy
In Air Canada, you are allowed to bring your musical instruments onboard along with your carry-on allowance. The only condition is that it should be under the allowed dimensions, and it should be fit in the overhead locker.
If your musical instrument is too big to come under the seat then you can buy another seat for that instrument and you will get a 50% discount from the airline.
The weight of the instrument should be under 36 kilograms (80lbs) or the dimensions should be under 160 centimeters (64 inches).
Air Canada Pets Policy
In Air Canada, you are allowed to bring your pet (dogs and cats) to travel in the cabin. There is a specific rule given by the airline that a pet will be carried in the carrier comfortably in which a pet can easily sir stand or turn around. The carrier should fit under the front seat of the passenger.
The one-way charge to carry a pet on board is $50-59 and if you want to carry your pet internationally then the price is around $110-118 and this price of the journey is one way. Pets are not allowed in the Premium Economy class.
Exclusion and waivers
Latitude Fares offer 2 checked bags on any domestic course or among the U.S. And Canada.
Flex and Comfort fares offer 1 checked bag loose on any domestic path or among the U.S. And Canada.
- Prestige 25K: 2 checked luggage lose (as much as 23kg)
- Elite 35K: three checked baggage free (as much as 32kg)
- Elite 50K: three checked bags loose (up to 32kg)
- Elite 75K: three checked luggage unfastened (up to 32kg)
- Super Elite 100k: 3 checked baggage loose (up to 32kg)
- Military: Canadian and the U.S. Eligible active and retired navy are approved to bring 3 pieces of checked luggage weighing as much as 32 kg (70 lb) each.
- Airplane members can not redeem points for loose luggage allowances.
Checked Bag in Air Canada Airlines with Credit Cards
The cards under can assist offset a number of your checked bag expenses with Air Canada.
- Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card – This no annual rate card comes with a 20,000-mile welcome bonus (worth $200) after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening. When you use your card for journey purchases (e.G. Baggage expenses), use your miles to repay all, or component of, your statement! This is why we love this card.
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – With a larger 50,000 welcome bonus (worth $500), it is the “big brother” card to the VentureOne® after you spend $three,000 on purchases inside the first three months from account opening.
1800 102 8182
If you have more queries for Air Canada Airlines, visit Air Canada airlines and write your query there or you can just visit our homepage too and you can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get a solution.