Last Updated on April 8, 2021 by Editorial Team
Air Transat Baggage Policy Fees & Rules
Air Transat is based in Montreal, Quebec. Founded in 1986, and a Canadian airline it’s far the country’s third-largest airline, running scheduled and constitutional flights, serving 60 destinations in 25 countries. Air Transat is having a fleet of 44 aircraft and owned and operated through Transat A.T. Inc.,
If you come here for Air Transat baggage policy fees and rules, read this article further. If you want to book flight tickets at a cheap price, you can just visit our homepage. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get information about last minutes deals and special discounts.
Air Transat Carry-On Allowance Baggage Policy
In Air Transat Baggage Policy, It allows 1 personal item like a purse, laptop bag, and briefcase fee is free for each passenger. Carry-on baggage isn’t always included as rate free.
Following size and weight, the restriction should not be exceeded in carry-on baggage of air transat baggage policy:
- The bag should be within 9 inches * 16 inches * 20 inches or 23 centimeters * 40 centimeters * 51 centimeters of maximum dimensions.
- The bag should be within the weight of 10 kilograms or 22 lb in Economy class and 15 kilograms or 33 lb in Club class.
- In front of you, Fit the seat below or within the overhead bin.
- Fit the seat below or within the overhead bin and personal items should be in proper size.
The lap-Little carry-on policy of air transat baggage policy
- An ‘infant’ is described as being a minimum of 7 days old and a most of 2 years antique (much less a day)
- A ‘child’ is someone between a while of 2 and 11 inclusively.
- A ‘passenger’ is described as any character sixteen years of age or older.
- An own family booking includes at least one baby elderly 12 and under and their parents/guardians.
Infants can also travel without spending a dime on the lap of a passenger, however, there’s a maximum of one infant allowed in line with a passenger. Children aged 2 to eleven have to have their very own seats. It is also worth noting that during the occasion that a toddler turns 2 for the duration of the trip, a seat must be purchased for the go-back flight segment.
Air Transat Checked Allowance Baggage Policy
23 kilograms or 50 lb maximum weight is allowed and 158 centimeters or 62 inches maximum linear dimensions are allowed for checked baggage in Air Transat Baggage policy. You can book reservations through the Air Transat official site and avail yourself of a lot of benefits that persist.
Air Transat Checked Baggage Fees
According to travel class and fare, fee details for the flights within Canada and to/from South Destinations and the United States* for the checked bag in air transat baggage policy is given below in the tabular form:
|Travel class||Fare||First bag||Second bag||Additional Bag||Overweight Bag|
|Eco Budget||23 kg: $25-$30 CAD/USD**||23 kg: $40-$50 CAD/USD**||23 kg: $200 CAD/USD||24-32 kg: $75 CAD/USD|
|Eco Standard||23 kg: free of charge|
|Club||Club||25 kg: free of charge||25 kg: free of charge||25 kg: $200 CAD/USD**||26-32 kg: $75 CAD/USD|
All classes – up to 25 kg in step with a piece of bags.
Eco Budget & Eco Standard – 1st piece freed from charge.
Eco-Flex – 1st & 2d piece freed from charge.
**Prices for the first and 2d piece of checked bags range if paid earlier than or inside 24 hours of departure.
Fee details for the flights between Europe and Canada for the checked bag in air transat baggage policy is given below in the tabular form:
|Fare||First bag||Second bag||Additional Bag||Overweight Bag|
|Eco Budget||23 kg: $40-$50 CAD/USD*€45-60*||23 kg: $100 CAD/USD€80||23 kg: $200 CAD/USD€160||23 kg: $75 CAD/USD€60|
|Eco Standard||23 kg: free of charge||23 kg: $100 CAD/USD€80|
|Eco-Flex||23 kg: free of charge||23 kg: free of charge|
|Club||Club||32 kg: free of charge||32 kg: free of charge||32 kg: $200 CAD/USD €160||Not Applying|
*Prices for the first and 2d piece of checked bags range if paid earlier than or inside 24 hours of departure. Keep an eye on Air Transat cancellation policies as well, so that in case you need them
Air Transat Overweight baggage fees
- If the weight of baggage allowance should exceed for air transat baggage policy, they will pay excess luggage prices at Air Transat counters in the quantity of $15 CAD ($15 USD) on flights to and from the South/Haiti/Florida according to a kilogram, consistent with flight segment, or $ 75 CA in keeping with a bag each way and for all other destinations. 1 additional bag outside of the baggage allowance is $one hundred CA, and the second one extra bag is $200 CA.
- Bags weighing greater than 44 lb might not be accepted in the air transat baggage policy.
Fees for sports equipment
In the air transat baggage policy, Air Transat gives transportation of several sports equipment objects for no charge. For a full listing of which gadgets are permitted, please Click Here.
If you’ve got booked a package, there may be costs for floor transportation of your sports activities system from the airport to your hotel. These prices depend on each type of sports activities equipment and the destination. You can be required to e-book this service in advance, relying on your destination. Please make sure that equipment is nicely wrapped/secured for delivery to prevent loss or damage. We endorse passengers to purchase extra insurance.
Between Canada and the U.S., Domestic flights within Canada:
The sporting gadget is considered part of your checked baggage allowance and situation to normal bags fees.
Between Canada, South locations and Europe:
In addition to your checked baggage allowance, we will be given at no price 1 pick wearing object up to twenty kg (forty-four lb) in step with a passenger from the list below (valid gadgets are proven as free).
Please word that you can not replace personal baggage or any other device on your free sporting item. If you need to bring an object not listed below, it is going to be blanketed in your everyday luggage allowance and excess baggage expenses can also apply.
Please observe that the hockey system is considered a part of a passenger’s baggage allowance and problem to regular bags fees. One bag and most of two sticks taped together count as one piece of baggage closer to the widest variety of checked baggage allowed with the aid of the fare type.
Air Transat Restricted items
List of restricted items in Air Transat Baggage Policy are given below:
- Liquids & gels including alcoholic beverage: The most amount of liquids, gels, and aerosols permitted in carry-on bags is 100ml/100g (3.four oz) in step with the box when located in a single clear, closed and re-sealable plastic bag no large than one liter (one quart); most 1 plastic bag in keeping with a passenger. Open, colored or opaque plastic baggage of any size containing liquids, gels or aerosols in packing containers of any length isn’t authorized through protection screening.
Exemptions: toddler formula, child meals and milk for passengers journeying with infants (needed for in-flight use only) prescription and vital non-prescription medicines.
Once past the security screening checkpoint, passengers may additionally keep on board any drinks, gels and aerosols that have been purchased from retail and duty-free shops in the sterile area.
Transport of alcoholic liquids
Alcoholic liquids of extra than 70% alcohol by volume are categorized as dangerous goods. Leakage of flammable beverages can end result in a hearth and/or explosion. Proper packaging is required.
You can bring alcohol packing containers (inclusive of wine or beer and business products) for your checked baggage if:
The percentage of alcohol by extent is equal to or much less than 70% (140 proof)
The quantity does not exceed 5 liters in step with a person for alcoholic beverages whose percent of alcohol by quantity is 24 to 70%
If the alcohol percentage is more than 70% (force of proof 140), the product will not be accepted, either as checked luggage or as cabin baggage.
- Smoking Materials: 1 lighter in step with passenger, packed inside the allowable 1 plastic bag in step with the passenger (due to liquid content). No lighters in checked baggage.
- 1 ebook of matches in line with passenger, carried simplest on your person.
- Electronic cigarettes: stowed unused in carry-on bags at all times. Carriage in checked luggage is prohibited.
- Gun lighters, lighters shaped like grenades, lighter with unabsorbed liquid fuel, torch lighters are not accepted in carry-on and checked baggage.
- Specific country restrictions may apply.
- Entering and exiting Canada with cannabis and derivatives
- When you are traveling inside Canada, it’s miles your obligation to learn the legal guidelines of the province or territory you are going to. If you use cannabis, comply with the laws in that jurisdiction.
- Firearms: Per safety and protection regulations, passengers traveling with a firearm ought to notify Air Transat at our airport check-in counters and entire a declaration form. They have this awesome pet policy for your little pooch which will be helpful to you.
- Accepted firearms: Only looking rifles, shotguns, biathlon rifles, air pistols, and certain handguns are customary as checked bags.
- Accepted as checked baggage only; most weight consistent with the piece of luggage is 32 kg (70 lb).
- If the gadget or one man or woman piece weighs extra than 32 kg (70 lb), contact our Cargo department Will open in a separate browser window for costs and procedures.
- Firearms ought to be packed in a rigid, lockable case and well-identified.
- Maximum five kg (eleven lb) secured boxed cartridges for sporting purposes allowed in line with passengers.
- Firearms and ammunition should be packed in separate pieces of checked luggage; they cannot be packed together.
- Should your firearms exceed your loose checked bags allowance (quantity/size/weight), excess expenses will apply.
- You have to have the specified entry allows in your possession for the US of destination.
- Possibility of diversions: In the case of a domestic flight, please be counseled that sudden operational requirements require a domestic flight to divert to a U.S. Airport, wherein arriving in possession of cannabis is illegal.
- If you are refused entry into a rustic because you were in the ownership of hashish, you may be entirely liable for the consequences, including the fee of your ride lower back home.
Write your queries here to Air Transat regarding air transat baggage policy.