Etihad Airways Baggage Policy consists of Allowance Fees, Weight, and Dimensions depending on your destination. Meanwhile, depending on the fare type, cabin baggage constraints differ greatly. For details on the number of bags you are permitted on an Etihad flight, as well as the maximum weight and measurements for checked bags and hand baggage, please read on.
Etihad Airways Cabin Baggage
Etihad Airlines allowed economy class guests to bag one bag with a maximum weight of 7 kg per person.
For first-class and business class guests, they are allowed two luggage items.
A bag for babies 5 kg for infants
In addition to your carry on bag, you are also allowed to carry the following items and freebies:
- Handbags, Pocketbooks, or Purses.
- Briefcases or portable PCs that are not being used as containers for the transport of articles are considered luggage.
- Mobile phone.
- For the ride, a fair amount of reading.
- For plane, baby food.
- Wrap, overcoat, or blanket.
- Stick of Umbrella.
- A small camera and/or binoculars.
- Baby Carry Basket / Carico.
- Braces or devices for prosthetics (provided the guest is dependent).
Due to space availability, Etihad is a bit strict about its carry-on baggage size and weight; Therefore all carry-on accessories should fit under the overhead bin or seat in front of you.
You can lift your carry-on without assistance in overhead storage, and if your carry-on luggage exceeds the allowance above, it may be subject to check-in.
Please note that accessories and outerwear do not count as personal items.
Etihad Airways Checked Baggage
When it comes to checking the maximum weight and dimensions of luggage, you can take on an Etihad flight which depends on your route and destination.
You can use the Etihad Airways calculator to know your checked baggage allowance. And pack as little or as little as you can, or divide your allowance into several items. As long as your total allowance is in your account, you can check in as many bags as you want.
- 2 free checked items for standard class. 2 free for business / first class.
- 1 personal thing free of charge – laptop, briefcase, handbag.
- 158cm Full Height (62in).
- 40KG Enterprise / First Class, 32KG Overall Weight for Regular.
Etihad Fines for Overweight Luggage
We recognize that you often need to transport items that are bigger than the normal dimensions of checked luggage. If your baggage exceeds these dimensions but does not exceed the maximum limit of 32kg, you will be charged for the oversized baggage in each way of your flight:
- All other flights including US and Canada – USD $ 60.
- Middle East Flights within USD $ 40.
- Flights between the Middle East and Indian Subcontinent – USD $ 40.
- Flights between Beijing and Nagoya = USD $ 40.
Individual items of luggage weighing more than 32 kilograms, or with anyone dimension exceeding 300 cm, will not be accepted.
Etihad Baggage for Kids Policy
- From the United States and Canada: 1 bag (up to 23 kg)
- From/to all other destinations: up to 10 kg
Guests traveling with infants or children up to 11 years of age are permitted to check one baggage, check broker, carrycot, or approved car seat as checked baggage per infant/child. This ticket is free of charge in addition to the checked baggage allowance.
Etihad Animals and pets Policy
Etihad does not accept pets in aircraft cabins. Our Etihad cargo team will take care of your cats, horses, and other livestock being shipped. For more details, contact Etihad.
Etihad Baggage Tips
- Get acquainted with Etihad Baggage Fees and Rules before you move. Make sure your JetBlue baggage is within Etihad baggage size, weight restrictions.
- Save money by purchasing extra baggage in advance. Purchase either during initial booking or over the telephone. If you have to pay extra baggage fees at the airport, you will always pay more.
- Carrying baggage reduces the number of possible bags and a limited number of you for an additional bag fee.
- Pack light and consider using a compression unit to cram all your stuff into a compact pocket.
- Join the Etihad Guest Awards program for additional benefits.
- Do not store valuable items such as jewelry, electronic equipment, noteworthy equipment in your checked luggage. Store in your carry instead.
- If you make cancellations or flight changes then you need to confirm the baggage service of the new flight. It may differ from the previous flight.
Etihad Airlines Info
Country: United Arab Emirates
Airlines Name: Etihad Airways
IATA Code: EY
ICAO Code: ETD
HQ Address: New Airport Road, Khalifa City A, PO Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Main bases and hubs: Abu Dhabi International Airport
Fleet: Airbus A320, Airbus A321, Airbus A330-200, Airbus A330-300, Airbus A350-900, Airbus A380, Boeing 777-200, Boeing 777-300, Boeing 787-9.
Frequently Asked Questions – Etihad Airways Baggage Policy
Ques 1:- I’m traveling with sports apparel, is there a charge?
Answer:- In addition to your luggage allowance, you can take a set of golf clubs for free, which can weigh up to 15 kg. A set may include a club, ball, and a pair of golf shoes. You can also take selected items of sports equipment as part of your checked baggage allowance.
Ques 2:- I am traveling with an infant. How much extra baggage can I carry?
Answer:- We provide ample baggage allowance to help make travel with infants easier. From / For US and Canada: 1 piece at 23 kg. To / from all other destinations: 10 kg.
Ques 3:- I know I will have extra baggage. Can I buy it already?
Answer:- We recommend that you purchase additional luggage up to 48hrs before your flight, as advance rates are discounted.
Ques 4:- What happens if I exceed my luggage allowance?
Answer:- If you exceed your baggage allowance, you can purchase additional baggage at the airport. You can purchase additional baggage online up to 48 hours before the flight and enjoy up to 20% off airport rates.
Ques 5:- What is the maximum weight/dimensions for checked baggage?
Answer:- Maximum dimensions – for / from Canada and the US: 70 cm x 50 cm x 38 cm Maximum dimensions – for / from all other destinations: 90 cm x 72 cm x 45 cm Important: Any single bag weighing more than 32 kg Will not be accepted.
Ques 6:- I am checking in an oversized item. Do any special costs apply?
Answer:- If your luggage exceeds the standard luggage dimensions, but still has a maximum weight of 32 kg per piece, a fee will apply.
Ques 7:- How much cabin baggage can I carry on board?
Answer:- In economy class, you can bring 1 cabin bag with a maximum weight of 7 kg and a maximum of 5 kg with 1 individual item (under your front seat). In Business and First Class, you can bring 2 cabin bags with a maximum combined weight of 12 kg and 1 individual item with a maximum weight of 5 kg.