Last Updated on April 8, 2021 by Editorial Team
Jetblue Airlines Baggage Policy
JetBlue Airlines is a major American low-cost airline and it is the 6th biggest in the United States by passengers carried. The headquarters is situated in the Long Island City neighborhood of New York City borough of Queens and they maintain their corporate offices also in Florida and Utah.
Get last-minute deals & discount for new booking & reservations. Also, get answers to all your queries related to airline baggage policy, allowance limit, carry-on weight limit, rules for international & domestic flights, fees, etc. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
JetBlue Airlines Baggage Policy
Jetblue Airlines baggage policy includes the following for the regular basic fares:
- 1 personal item – Fee free
- 1 carry-on item – Fee free
- Checked baggage – If checked bags aren’t included inside the fare selected then applicable prices apply. Blue Basic, Blue, and Blue Extra fares do not cover the price of any checked bag and growth with the number checked. Blue Plus fares include one bag. Mint fares consist of bags. Fees for added bags growth with wide variety checked.
- Overweight and Oversized bags – Applicable costs according to bag depending on weight and size.
- Sports equipment – Certain items may have relevant charges.
- Carry-On Baggage
JetBlue Airlines Carry-On Allowance Baggage Policy
JetBlue Airlines allows one carry-on bag fee is free for each passenger and only one personal item like a laptop bag, purse, and briefcase.
The restriction should not be exceeded for size and weight in carry-on baggage:
- Including handles and wheels, the bag should be within 118 centimeters or 45 linear inches
- In front of you, Fit the seat below or within the overhead bin.
Following size and weight, the restriction should not be exceeded in a personal item:
- 41 linear inches or 94 centimeters in A320 and E190 Aircraft.
- 94 centimeters or 41 linear inches in A321 Aircraft.
- They also have a special policy for unaccompanied minors. You should know this policy if you have a child at home that need to travel by air real soon.
- Fit below the seat in front of you or within the overhead bin. Or you can also upgrade your seat.
- Assistive gadgets like wheelchairs, crutches, strollers, and so on and other items like umbrellas, diaper bags, jackets, and duty-free items are not counted in carry-on allowance.
Lap-Little one carry-on policy:
1 diaper bag may bring in a Lap-Little carry-on.
JetBlue Airlines Stroller Check Policy:
JetBlue offers a courtesy gate-check of strollers, vehicle seats, baby carriers/backpack carriers, and booster seats, or these objects may be checked at a JetBlue test-in table freed from charge. You should also keep in mind the cancellation policy, which might be helpful in the most random situation. Also, they have this special policy or manage bookings, so you can easily make changes and manage your bookings using JetBlue Airlines.
JetBlue Airlines hold luggage policy
If checked bags aren’t included within the fare decided on then applicable charges apply. Blue fares do not cowl the cost of any checked bag and boom with the number checked. Blue Plus fares consist of one bag. Blue Flex fares include two bags. Fees for additional bags boom with quantity checked.
- 23 kilograms or 50 pounds maximum weight is allowed.
- maximum dimensions allowed are 157 centimeters or 62 inches.
JetBlue Baggage Fees
They are determined with the aid of the sort of fare you purchased, your destination, in case you are an energetic US military personnel and/or dependent, or if you have a Mosaic reputation with JetBlue’s (B6) TrueBlue program.
The maximum weight allowed is 23 kilograms or 50 pounds and the maximum size allowed is 158 centimeters and 62 linear inches in JetBlue Airlines. In advance, passengers can only book up to 2 bags and others can only be added to the airport. Standard checked baggage fees for JetBlue Airlines all flight:
|Fares||1st bag||2nd bag||3rd + bags|
|JetBlue Plus Card Member||Free||$45||$150|
JetBlue Excess Baggage Fees
$150.00 USD extra will be charged by JetBlue airlines for the third and any additional bag.
JetBlue Oversized Baggage Fees
Bags that have from 63 to 80 linear inches or from 158 to 203 centimeters will charge $150.00 USD extra in JetBlue Airlines. Bags having size more than 80 linear inches or 158 centimeters will now not be allowed as checked baggage luggage.
JetBlue Overweight Baggage Fees
JetBlue Airlines will charge for the overweight bags when the bag weight is greater than 23 kilograms or 50 pounds. The details are given below:
- $150 USD extra per bag if the bag weight is between 24 to 45 kilograms or 51 to 99 pounds.
- Bags having weight more than 46 kilograms or 100 pounds will not be accepted.
- Bags having a weight of more than 50 pounds will not be accepted on flights to/from the Dominican Republic, Tobago, Haiti and Trinidad.
- Bags having a weight of more than 70 pounds will not be accepted on flights to/from Lima, Peru.
Fees for sports equipment
Sports equipment like skis, golf bags, fishing instrumentality, hockey, and field game instrumentality are accepted up to size and weight limits and can count jointly checked bag/hold bags and Associated fees can be applied to that.
Exclusions and Waivers
- TrueBlue Mosaic members acquire unfastened first & second checked baggage as do any tour companions on the identical booking.U.S. Military and dependents:
- Travel on Military Orders:
- Active navy employees and their dependents: Allowed to check five bags at no additional cost for traveling on military orders.
- Leisure group Travel:
- Active army personnel and their dependents: traveling (domestic and international) for amusement are allowed to check two bags at no additional cost.
- Please note: Dependents MUST tour on the same PNR or identical flight as the active navy employees.
Checked Bag in JetBrain Airlines with Credit Cards
Reimburse you for the checked bag fee
You can also use several credit score cards that reimburse checked bag fees. You may even use the cards below along with the JetBlue playing cards if you want greater than 1 checked bag.
- Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card – This no annual rate card comes with a 20,000-mile welcome bonus (worth $200) once you spend $1,000 in the first three months. When you use your card for journey purchases (e.G. luggage fees), use your miles to pay off all, or component of, your statement! This is why we adore this card.
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – With a bigger 50,000 welcome bonus (worth $500) it is the “massive brother” card to the VentureOne®, whilst you spend $three,000 in the first three months.
For Free checked Bag
JetBlue has two co-branded credit cards with Barclays that provide you a free checked bag. Details for the free checked bag are given below:
|Credit Card||Benefit details|
|Plus card of JetBlue Airlines||One free checked bag is received to you and up to for your 3 companions.|
|Business Card of JetBlue Airlines||One free checked bag is received to you and up to for your 3 companions each.|
JetBlue Airlines Permitted Items
- Duty-free items
- Liquid Exemptions
- Traveling with Juice or breast milk
- Medical devices
- Portable oxygen concentrator
- Orthopedic positioning devices
- with below 100-watt battery.
- The inverter is in off position
JetBlue Airlines Restricted Items
Items that are prohibited in Checked bags
- Co2 cartridges
- Camping Stoves
- Spillable batteries
- Gas Torches
- Liquid bleach
- Liquid fuels
- Magnetized Materials
- Oxygen tanks
- Samsung Galaxy note 7
Items that are prohibited in Carry-on bags
- Samsung galaxy note 7
- Sharp objects
- Guns and fire alarms
- Explosive Materials
- Flammable items
- Personal Air purifiers
- Sporting goods
00 1 801-449-2525
If you have more queries for JetBlue Airlines, visit JetBlue airlines contacts or you can just visit our homepage too and you can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get a solution. Check out this beautiful guide on JetBlue Travel Bank Account, Expiration and Fees so that you can decide by yourself what is good for your travel.