Porter Airlines (stylized in all lowercase as a porter) is a nearby airline mounted at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport at the Toronto Islands in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Porter operates often scheduled flights between Toronto and places in Canada and the United States with the use of Canadian-built Bombardier Q400 turboprop aircraft.
Now, if we talk about the baggage policy of Porter airlines we observe that it is very flexible for the customers because they know they need the baggage especially if passengers go somewhere for a long period of time. If you have already booked your ticket then got some free-of-cost baggage carry-on depending on their weight but sometimes there is a need to add some baggage instantly before the journey. For those needs, they have some categories according to the price you should look over this to avoid overpricing. Checked baggage fee varies from the ticket fare class and the time of checked baggage which we discuss below
At the time of booking
|1st bag||$27.50-$42.55||$27.50-$42.55||$27.50-$42.55||No fee|
|2nd bag||$50-$57.50||$50-$57.50||$50-$57.50||No fee|
if you already booked your ticket and at the time of check-in you have some extra baggage then the price also varies at that time which you need to understand by the given table
|1st bag||$32.50-$48.30||$32.50-$48.30||$32.50-$48.30||No fee|
|2nd bag||$55-$63.25||$55-$63.25||$55-$63.25||No fee|
Read this article if you are interested in getting information about Porter Airlines Baggage Policy fees and rules information. If you wish to make a reservation, you can just visit our homepage. You can also dial our toll-free number [Airlines] to get the best flight deals, discounts, and special offers.
Guidelines: Porter Baggage Policy
Porter Airlines baggage policy includes the following for the regular basic fares:
- 1 personal item – Fee free
- Checked baggage – Applicable costs according to bag.
- Overweight and Oversized bags – Applicable costs according to bag depending on weight and size.
- Sports equipment – Certain items may have relevant charges.
Porter Airlines Carry-On Allowance Baggage Policy
In porter airline baggage policy, It allows 1 personal item like a purse, laptop bag, and briefcase fee is free for each passenger. Carry-on baggage isn’t always included as rate-free.
Following size and weight, the restriction should not be exceeded in carry-on baggage in porter airlines baggage policy:
- Including handles and wheels, the bag should be within 118 centimeters or 47 linear inches.
- In front of you, Fit the seat below or within the overhead bin.
Following size and weight, the restriction should not be exceeded in a personal item for porter airlines baggage policy:
- Not exceed 36 linear inches or 92 centimeters.
- Fit the seat below or within the overhead bin and personal items should be of proper size.
- Assistive gadgets like wheelchairs, crutches, strollers, and so on, and other items like umbrellas, diaper bags, jackets, and duty-free items are not counted in the carry-on allowance.
Lap-Little one carry-on policy:
Seating – Infants (under two): Infants seven days antique or older can fly on Porter Airlines. Infants much less than seven days old have to have clinical clearance certificates to fly. Lap babies aren’t required to have a ticket if they may be flying on an adult’s (16-years-antique or older) lap; however, some expenses can be charged on flights to the U.S. Most of the five infants may be accommodated consistent with a flight. If visiting with an infant, a passenger can’t also journey with a puppy or as an attendant to a traveler with a disability. Reserved seats can also be bought for toddlers at the full adult fare, but the infant should journey in an approved infant restraint device.
- Seating – Children (age and below 12): Children are required to have their very own seats and pay the full person fare.
- Special offerings: The following offerings are available on some flights:
- Diaper-changing tables: Short-haul aircraft are not prepared with diaper-converting tables.
- Complimentary snacks: Infants’ and children’s meals are not presented as part of Porter Airlines’ inflight carrier; however, a complimentary snack and beverage provider is supplied on all Porter Airlines flights. Milk isn’t always included in the in-flight provider.
- Pre-boarding: Porter Airlines offers pre-boarding for households traveling with children.
Porter Airlines hold luggage policy
The details of hold luggage for Porter Airlines Baggage Policy are the following:
- 23 kilograms or 50 pounds maximum weight is allowed.
- 157 centimeters or 62 inches are the maximum dimensions allowed.
- The maximum standard bags allowed is 2.
Porter Airlines Allowance Fees
There are two types of fares in Porter airlines i.e Firm and Flexible and porter airlines determined by the face purchased by the passenger. In porter airline’s baggage policy, porter airlines will provide freedom for the fee-free first two bags. Porter airlines checked baggage fees details are given below in the tabular form:
|Bags:||Online web check-in||At airport web check-in|
|First Bag:||$25.00 CAD/USD||$35.00 CAD/USD|
|Second Bag:||$35.00 CAD/USD||$45.00 CAD/USD|
Porter Airlines Excess Baggage Fees
If you travel with more than two bags then in the porter airline baggage policy, porter airlines will charge the excess baggage fee. For third and additional bags, porter airlines will charge $90.00 CAD/USD at online web check-in or $100.00 CAD/USD at airport check-in in porter airlines baggage policy.
Porter Airlines Overweight baggage fees
Porter Airlines will charge for overweight bags when the bag weight is greater than 23 kilograms or 50 pounds in porter airlines’ baggage policy. The details of the overweight baggage are given below:
- $75.00 USD/ CAD extra per bag if the bag weight is between 24 to 32 kilograms or 51 to 70 pounds.
- Bags having a weight of more than 32 kilograms or 70 pounds will not be accepted as hold luggage.
Oversized Baggage Fees of Porter Airlines
In porter Airlines the bags that have from 158 to 203 centimeters or from 62 to 80 linear inches will charge $75.00 USD/CAD extra. Bags having sizes more than 80 linear inches or 203 centimeters will now not be allowed as checked baggage luggage.
Fees for sports equipment
Sports equipment like skis, golf bags, fishing instrumentality, hockey, and field game instrumentality are accepted up to size and weight limits and can count one checked bag/hold bag and Associated fees can be applied to that.
Porter Airlines Musical Instruments Policy
In Sun Country Airlines, you are also allowed to bring your big musical instruments such as cellos, tubas, and guitars.
You can carry your instruments on board along with your carry-on allowance but you have to inform the airline at least 48 hours before. It should be fit in the overhead locker or under the front seat the allowed carry-on dimensions in a hard-sided case which is designed to protect the musical instrument. If it is too big to fit under the seat then you can buy a seat for that instrument if the weight is upto 165 pounds. There is also a point to note that every Sun Country airline can not take your musical instrument so that you have to contact the airline.
The dimensions of the instrument should be under 17 inches long x 13 inches wide x 9 inches tall including the case. You have to pay an extra amount if you exceed the given dimensions.
Porter Airlines Pet Policy
In Sun Country, You are restricted to bringing only your house pets (dogs, and cats) to travel in the cabin along with the pet id tag and license. The pet will only be allowed to board a flight if it is carried in a carrier comfortably in which a pet can easily sit, stand or turn around. The carrier should fit under the front seat of the passenger the dimensions must not exceed 22 x 16 x 9 inches. The combined weight of your pet must not exceed 16 lbs.
The pet must be in good health condition and vaccinated and must be 12 weeks old and you have to show the health certificates. You only can take your pet only on domestic flights (except in New York) and The cost for a domestic flight is $199. You have to check-in before 4 hours along with your pet because customers have to fly with their pets. If you reserve your booking in advance then you have to pay $125 but the amount is non-refundable.
Commonly restricted items of Porter airlines
Specific regulations practice the transportation of certain items and materials in an aircraft. The amount or amount of these gadgets is exactly defined. If these quantities are exceeded, transportation could be prohibited. Details of restricted items in porter airlines baggage policy are given below:
- Alcoholic beverages:
- In carry-on baggage
- Duty-free alcohol bought after the security checkpoint is allowed to your carry-on as long as it’s miles carried in a sealed duty-loose issued Secure Tamper-Evident Bag (STEB).
- Alcohol added onboard a Porter flight cannot be eaten up on board. We offer loose beer and wine as a part of our inflight service, ought your wish.
- Passengers visiting on connecting flights ought to be aware that the safety baggage is valid for a maximum of 48 hours.
- In checked luggage
- Alcohol in unopened retail packaging bought before a security checkpoint or homemade beer or wine, have to be packed for your checked bags. Homemade liquor isn’t always permitted, as the alcohol content cannot be verified.
- Alcohol over 70% alcohol with the aid of volume (140 evidence) is prohibited (including 95% grain alcohol and 150 evidence rum).
- Up to five liters (1. three gallons) of alcoholic beverages with alcohol content material between 24% and 70% (one hundred forty proof) is accepted per passenger as checked luggage in its authentic retail packaging.
- There isn’t any restriction on the quantity of alcohol you may percent on your checked luggage, provided it contains underneath 24% alcohol by volume (48 evidence), consisting of beer or wine.
- In carry-on baggage
- Gels or ice packs:
- Dry ice
- Dry ice may be used to hold perishable items (e.G. Seafood) cool in your carry-on or checked bags supplied the following situations are met:
- Dry ice needs to be declared at check-in.
- Weight of dry ice ought to now not exceed 2.5 kg (five lb) in step with a passenger.
- Items should be nicely packaged to prevent leakage in a field or field that:
- Is nicely ventilated to permit the release of carbon dioxide
- Is in good condition and free from any damage
- Each package ought to be virtually marked “Dry Ice” or “Carbon Dioxide Solid”, must show the net weight of dry ice, and identify the perishable item being preserved by way of the dry ice.
- If your itinerary includes a connecting flight with every other airline you could NOT tour with a dry ice field as checked bags because of special managing requirements.
- Gel or ice packs:
- Gel or ice packs in carry-on baggage are a concern with all liquid and gel restrictions. If possible, we encourage you to use frozen peas/greens as an alternative to gel packs to hold your perishable objects in your carry-on fresh.
- Gel or ice packs that might be used to refrigerate medication are exempt from these restrictions, furnished the medication bears a label or is observed by a doctor’s/pharmacist’s observe declaring that refrigeration is required.
- Gel packs used to refrigerate baby food, breast milk, or formulation for toddlers more youthful than two years of age are also permitted in your carry-on.
- Gel packs in checked baggage are time-honored without restrictions.
- Dry ice
If you have more queries, you can visit flyporter.com or you can just dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get more information about Porter Airlines baggage policy. Or you can take services from us directly, check out our homepage at treknova.com. you will get awesome discounts and benefits as well.