Spirit Airlines, is an American ultra-low-price provider founded in Miramar, Florida within the Miami metropolitan area. It is the seventh biggest commercial airline in the United States. Spirit operates scheduled flights in the course of America and within the Caribbean and Latin America. Spirit airline operates flights at Atlantic City, Baltimore, Chicago–O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, and Orlando.
Spirit Airlines is thought for “low passages” yet additionally expenses you for pretty much the entirety else: packs, drinks, snacks, printing your ticket at the counter, and choosing what seat you want. Essentially, on the off risk that you want to fly Spirit, really be readied, and also you won’t have any problems. Furthermore, print your price ticket at home!
Get last-minute deals & discount for new booking & reservations. Also, get answers to all your queries related to airline baggage policy, allowance limit, carry-on baggage weight limit, rules for international & domestic flights, Bag fees, etc. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
However, if you are interested in getting baggage policy fees and baggage rules information about Spirit Airlines, read this article.
Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy
Spirit Airlines baggage policy includes the following for the regular basic fares:
- 1 personal item – Fee free
- 1 Carry-on item – Applicable costs.
- Checked baggage in Air travel– Applicable costs according to bag.
- Overweight and Oversized bags – Applicable costs according to bag depending on weight and size.
- Sports equipment – Certain items may have relevant charges.
- Carry-On Baggage- Applicable costs.
Spirit Airlines Carry-On Allowance Baggage Policy
The carry-on policy allows 1 personal item like a purse, laptop bag, and briefcase and the carry-on fee is zero for each passenger in Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy.
Following luggage size and weight, the restriction should not be exceeded in carry-on baggage of Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy:
- Including handles and wheels, the bag should be within 127 centimeters or 50 linear inches
- This is something like a laptop bag, or purse smaller than 18″x14″x8″.
- In front of you, Fit the seat below or within the overhead bin.
Following size and weight, the restriction should not be exceeded in a personal item:
- The item should be within 102 centimeters or 40 linear inches.
- Fit below the seat in front of you or within the overhead bin.
- Assistive gadgets like wheelchairs, crutches, strollers, and so on, and other items like umbrellas, diaper bags, jackets, and duty-free items are not counted in the carry-on baggage allowance.
Lap-Little one carry-on policy:
If you’re visiting with an infant on your lap, baby formula and breast pumps are allowed and don’t count in your carry-on allowance of Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy.
Stroller Check Policy:
- Large strollers and car seats need to be checked at the luggage counter or gate.
Spirit Airlines hold luggage policy
The details of the hold luggage policy of SpiritAirlines are the following:
- 18 kilograms or 40 pounds maximum weight is allowed.
- 15 centimeters or 62 inches are the maximum dimensions allowed.
- 2 standard bags up to 5 bags are the maximum allowed.
Spirit Airlines Allowance Fees
18.1 kilograms or 40 pounds maximum weight and 158 centimeters or 62 linear inches dimension are allowed in Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy. Details of allowance fees are given below in the tabular form:
|Baggage Fees For||At Booking||Before online web check-in||At online web check-in||At the airport ticket counter||At Airport gate|
|One CArry-on||$37.00 USD||$47.00 USD||$47.00 USD||$55.00 USD||$65.00 USD|
|First Bag:||$30.00 USD||$40.00 USD||$40.00 USD||$50.00 USD||$65.00 USD|
|Second Bag:||$40.00 USD||$50.00 USD||$50.00 USD||$60.00 USD||NA|
|Third + bags||$85.00 USD||$95.00 USD||$95.00 USD||$100.00 USD||NA|
If you want to get an accurate calculation of the Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy fee then you can use the online baggage fee calculator of Spirit airlines. Spirit airline has a good cancellation policy that might be helpful in many ways. you can get to know about these cancellation policies from here, these policies are flexible and easy to use.
Spirit Airlines Excess Baggage Fees
If you travel with more than two bags then spirit airlines will charge the excess baggage fee of up to five bags in Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy. Details of the excess baggage fee are given below:
- $100.00 USD at the airport ticket counter
- $85.00 USD at booking.
- $95.00 USD before online when check-in.
- $95.00 USD at online when check-in.
- The charge at the airport gate for excess baggage is not assigned.
Spirit Airlines Overweight baggage fees
In Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy Fee, Spirit Airlines will charge for overweight bags when the bag weight is greater than 23 kilograms or 50 pounds. The details are given below:
- $35.00 USD extra per bag if the bag weight is between 18 to 23 kilograms or 41 to 50 pounds.
- $60.00 USD extra per bag if the bag weight is between 23 to 32 kilograms or 51 to 70 pounds.
- $100.00 USD extra per bag if the bag weight is between 32 to 45 kilograms or 71 to 100 pounds
- Bags having a weight of more than 46 kilograms or 100 pounds will not be accepted.
- Bags having a weight of more than 23 kilograms or 50 pounds will not be accepted for to/from US International flights (December 1 to January 10).
Size For the Baggage
- 63-80 linear inches (158-203 cm) + $100
- Special items over 80 linear inches (203 cm) + $150
Special Sports Equipments
- Surf Board (Maximum of 2 surfboards in one bag) $100
- Golf ClubsSame as checked bags, overweight charges may apply
- Skis/SnowboardsSame as checked bags, overweight charges may apply
Oversized Baggage Fees of Spirit Airlines
In Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy the bags that have from 158 to 203 centimeters or from 63 to 80 linear inches will charge $100.00 USD extra and from 203 to 406 centimeters or from 80 to 160 linear inches will charge $150.00 USD extra. Bags having sizes more than 160 linear inches or 406 centimeters will now not be allowed as checked baggage luggage.
Exclusions and Waivers
Spirit Airlines will provide a free carry-on, and two free checked bags in addition to the free personal items for Military active duty. For family members, it is not extended.
Fees for sports equipment
Sports equipment like skis, golf bags, fishing instrumentality, hockey, and field game instrumentality are accepted up to size and weight limits and can count one checked bag/hold bag and Associated fees can be applied. The additional fee can be charged from $75 to $100 accordingly.
Fees for Musical Instruments
In Spirit Airlines, you are allowed to bring your musical instruments onboard along with your carry-on allowance. It should be under the allowed carry-on baggage size dimensions, and it should be fit in the overhead locker or under the front seat if it is too big to fit under the seat then you have to pay an extra amount for that instrument.
It is free to carry but in some circumstances, if it is failed to fit in the given dimensions then you have to pay extra for that. You have to buy an extra for your musical instrument and it will come along with you as a standard carry-on.
Fee for Pet Policy
In Spirit Airlines, you are allowed to bring your pet (dogs, cats, rabbits, or household birds) to travel in the cabin. There is a specific rule given by the airline that a pet will be carried in the carrier comfortably in which a pet can easily sir stand or turn around. The carrier should fit under the front seat of the passenger. The weight of the carriage should be under 40 lbs (18.14 kg).
The carriage of the pet must not be extended more than this dimension of 18 x 14 x 9 inches (45.72 x 35.56 x 22.86 cm). The one-way charge to carry a pet on board is $110. A pet who is in a good health or vaccinated then only it will be allowed by the airlines.
With these credit cards avoid paying baggage fees
You can use miles and points to pay fees for your carry-on and checked bags because Spirit airline is notorious for fees.
Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card – This no-annual charge card comes with a 20,000-mile welcome bonus (well worth $200) once you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months. When you use your card for tour purchases (e.G. Baggage charges), use your miles to repay all, or component of, your statement! This is why we love this card.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – With a bigger 50,000 welcome bonus (worth $500), it is the “large brother” card to VentureOne®when you spend $3,000 in the first three months.
Spirit Baggage Claims
We don’t like our baggage being Mishandled, mistreated, or losing our stuff. Especially when we have no issues and the airline does the fault.
Read below to know what to do in any
How can I find something that I left behind either onboard or in the gate area?
If you leave your items on the plane or Spirit ticket counter or gate area, you can easily submit your complaint to Spirit Airlines, click here to register the complaint click here.
If you leave items in other areas of the airport, please contact the lost and found office of that particular airport. Contact information is usually listed on the airport website.
The ticket includes a personal item that fits in a smaller size box (such as a small backpack). Another personal item or any larger item (such as standard carry-on baggage or checked baggage) will require payment. If you know you need hand luggage or checked luggage, please buy it immediately when you book your flight to save a lot of money.
Spirit Airlines Baggage Claim Policy | You must know
Mishandled Bag Information
To initiate the claims process:
- An accident report is created at the arrival airport for domestic flights within 4 hours, international damage reports within 7 days, and international losses, delays, and smuggling reports within 21 days.
- Once the incident report is created, you will receive a baggage irregularity receipt or baggage service report, which contains detailed information about the claim process and file ID. If the report is not submitted within the specified time, the claim will be rejected.
- Follow the instructions below to view and fill out the online claim form.
Directions for submitting a mishandled Spirit Airline baggage claim:
- Visit our Baggage Service web portal at www.spirit.com
- Enter your last name and document ID.
- Click ‘Create Online Statement’
- Follow the instructions shown and enter your information in the required fields.
- Provide all supporting documents (for example, proof of purchase of the claimed item, government photo ids, such as driving license or passport).
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- For damaged bags, The verifiable repair/cleaning estimated cost provided by the local luggage repair shop should be submitted with the claim. If the repair shop indicates in writing that the luggage cannot be repaired, please submit proof of purchase of non-repairable items worth $50 or more. (Subject to depreciation.) Please note: Spirit is not responsible for damage caused by oversized, overweight, or overpacking; or for normal wear and tear such as small cuts, scratches, dents, or dirty luggage.
- For delayed bags Please contact your local baggage service office (for international and Caribbean travel) or our virtual baggage service office (for domestic travel) (if applicable) within 5 days of travel. After 5 days of travel, please fill out and submit the online baggage loss claim form to continue the claim process.
- For dirty clothes in flight, the verifiable cleaning estimate provided by the local cleaning company should be submitted together with the claim. If the repair shop indicates in writing that it cannot wash/repair the clothing, please provide proof of purchase of non-repairable items worth $50 or more. (Depending on depreciation).
- If the trolley and/or car seat cause major/mechanical damage, please purchase a comparable trolley or car seat and keep the original receipt and submit a complete claim form. Make sure to list the type, model, year, and value of the damaged item.
What if my baggage was damaged?
Damaged bags are rare and we’re sorry this happened to you. We will make every effort to earn your future business by managing your claim in an efficient and fair manner. Please make a report immediately upon arrival.
Guests traveling domestically should file an incident report and receive a File ID within 4 hours of arrival, using our virtual Baggage Service office.
NOTE: Passengers going to Puerto Rico or U.S.V.I should submit an incident report with Spirit staff at the local baggage service office and receive a document ID within 4 hours of arrival.
Passengers traveling abroad should submit an accident report and obtain a document ID with the Spirit staff of the local baggage service office within 21 days of arrival. If you can’t find an office, please find a Spirit employee at the airport to better assist you.
Ideally, you want to file an incident report before you leave the airport and then file a claim at www.spirit.com/bagclaim.
Please note, that we are not responsible for conditions/damages that result from normal wear and tear due to the following:
• Overpacking the bag
• Fragile or perishable items
• Manufacturer’s defects
• Pre-existing damage
• Scuff marks
There are also items that we do not cover such as electronics and medicine.
What if my bag is delayed/lost?
Delayed bags are rare and we’re sorry this happened to you. Please make a report immediately upon arrival.
Guests traveling domestically should file an incident report and receive a File ID within 4 hours of arrival.
NOTE: Guests traveling to Puerto Rico or the U.S.V.I should file an incident report and receive a File ID within 4 hours of arrival, with a Spirit employee at the local baggage service office.
Passengers traveling abroad should submit an accident report and obtain a document ID with the Spirit staff of the local baggage service office within 21 days of arrival. If you can’t find an office, please find a Spirit employee at the airport to better assist you. Ideally, you want to create incident reports before leaving the airport.
In the interim, please make reasonably priced purchases of items such as toiletries, clothing, etc., and hold on to those original receipts. Once you are reunited with your bag, submit a claim for interim expenses at www.spirit.com
If your bag is not recovered within 5 days, please complete a baggage claim for your interim and loss expenses.
What if my checked bag arrived with missing items?
We understand that there may be a lot of problems with the missing items in your luggage. This is not a common occurrence, and we will do everything we can to win your future business by managing your claims efficiently and fairly. Please report to Spirit staff at the baggage service office at the airport immediately.
Domestic flights should be reported within 4 hours after the arrival.
International flights should be reported within 21 days of arrival.
If you can’t locate the office, please track down a Spirit employee at the airport to better assist you. Once you receive a report, file a claim at the official site. Instructions on how to submit an electronic version of the claim can be found on this link. If you cannot submit this form online, please mail the completed form and supporting documents to:
Attention: Luggage Resolution Department
2800 Executive Way
Miramar, FL 33025
For more details regarding restricted items and other details of spirit airlines, you can read the details here.
+1 801-401-2222 (Contact spirit airlines for more services and other details)
Text your questions at 48763 or WhatsApp directly at 801-401-2222 with “Hello”
To mail your queries regarding spirit airlines you can visit here. If you have more queries for Spirit Airlines, just visit Spirit airlines and you can just visit our homepage too or you can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get a solution.