Last Updated on April 7, 2021 by Editorial Team
Sun Country Airlines Baggage Policy Fees & Rules
Sun Country Airlines is a United States ultra-low-price airline, and the 11th largest in the United States with the aid of passengers carried. It is based on headquarters on airport property at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport. The airline operates 86 routes among destinations inside the United States, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean, and operates focus towns at Dallas/Fort Worth and Portland, Oregon. The airline also plans to function cargo flights for Amazon Air.
Read this article if you are interested in getting information about Sun Country Airlines Baggage Policy fees and rules information. If you wish to book a reservation, you can just visit our homepage. You can also dial our toll-free number [Airlines] to get the best flights deals, discount and special offers.
Sun Country Airlines Baggage Policy
Sun Country Airlines baggage policy includes the following for the regular basic fares:
- 1 personal item – Fee free
- 1 Carry-on item – Applicable costs.
- Checked baggage – Applicable costs according to bag.
- Overweight and Oversized bags – Applicable costs according to bag depending on weight and size.
- Sports equipment – Certain items may have relevant charges.
Sun Country Airlines Carry-On Allowance Baggage Policy
In sun country airlines baggage policy, sun country allows 1 personal item like a purse, laptop bag, and briefcase fee is free for each passenger. Carry-on baggage isn’t always included as rate free.
Following size and weight, the restriction should not be exceeded in carry-on baggage of sun country airlines baggage policy:
- Including handles and wheels, the bag should be within 24 inches long x 16 inches wide x 11 inches tall.
- In weight, not exceed 35 kilograms.
- Fit inside the sizer container at the gate.
Following size and weight, the restriction should not be exceeded in a personal item for sun country airlines baggage policy:
- Not exceed 17 inches long x 13 inches extensive x 9 inches tall.
- Be able to be stowed underneath the seat in the front of the passenger.
- Assistive gadgets like wheelchairs, crutches, strollers, and so on and other items like umbrellas, diaper bags, jackets and duty-free items are not counted in carry-on allowance.
Lap-Little one carry-on policy:
Any item you need to carry in adult’s carry on then infants and carry-on is not permitted in infants.
Stroller Check Policy:
- Large strollers and car seats need to be checked at the luggage counter or gate free of cost.
Sun Country Airlines hold luggage policy
The details of hold luggage for Sun Country Airlines Baggage Policy are the following:
- 23 kilograms or 50 pounds maximum weight is allowed.
- 157 centimeters or 62 inches are maximum dimensions allowed.
- The maximum standard bags allowed is 2.
Sun Country Airlines Allowance Fees
They are decided through the type of fare you bought, your destination, if you are an active US military personnel and/or dependent, if you acquire a vacation package deal via Sun Country Vacations, or if you have a Sun Country Airlines (SY) backed credit/rate card.
Details of allowance fees for sun country airlines baggage policy are given below in the tabular form:
|Location||Period||Item||Carry-on bag Up to – First bag||Checked bag Up to – First bag||Checked bag Up to – Second bag||Checked bag Up to – Third + bag|
|Pre-purchased (preliminary booking via online check-in on SunCountry.Com or through Sun Country Customer Service)||After 28/04/2019||Free||$30||$30||$30||Not available|
|Military Benefits||Active U.S. Military gets two free bags — one checked bag and one carry-on. If the carry-on space is full, the second bag will be checked. Must present a valid army ID playing cards at the airport.|
|Vacation package- Sun country rewards member benefits||Sun Country Rewards participants with a Sun Country Vacations booking acquired one complimentary checked bag, or a reduced carry-on bag for $15 (U.S. 48) or $20 (all other), per character every way.|
Sun Country Airlines Excess Baggage Fees
If you travel with more than two bags then sun country airlines will charge the excess baggage fee in sun country airlines baggage policy. For third and additional bags, sun country will charge $60 USD in sun country airlines baggage policy. You should also keep an eye on the Sun Country cancellation policy, it is a good practice and helps a lot while you are in any kind of trouble.
Sun Country Airlines Overweight baggage fees
Sun Country Airlines will charge for the overweight bags when the bag weight is greater than 23 kilograms or 50 pounds. The details of the overweight fee for sun country airlines baggage policy are given below:
- $75.00 USD extra per bag if the bag weight is between 24 to 46 kilograms or 51 to 99 pounds.
- Bags having weight more than 46 kilograms or 100 pounds will not be accepted as hold luggage.
- Bags having weight more than 34 kilograms or 70 pounds will not be accepted for the flights to/from St. Marteen.
Oversized Baggage Fees of Sun Country Airlines
In sun country Airlines, the baggage fees details according to the weight are given below in the tabular form:
|Weight||Up to 28/04/2019||After 28/04/2019|
|Over 100 pounds||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|63 or more linear inches||$75||$75|
Fees for sports equipment
Sports equipment like skis, golf bags, fishing instrumentality, hockey, and field game instrumentality are accepted up to size and weight limits and can count one checked bag/hold bags and Associated fees can be applied to that. They also have nice policies for your little pooch so that your pooch shouldn’t suffer by your travel, Sun Country pet policy is effective when you are traveling with your little pooch.
Exclusions and Waivers
- Active U.S. Military: three unfastened bags (2 checked and 1 overhead) are permitted. A valid Common Access Card (CAC) with “Uniformed Services” needs to be presented at the airport. Oversized bag fees are waived on the primary 2 checked bags.
- Sun Country Airlines® Visa Signature® Cardholders: 50% off the primary bag when bought online through the Sun Country Airlines contact center.
Checked Bag in Sun country Airlines with Credit Cards
While Sun County’s credit card doesn’t provide free bags, there are ways to avoid paying carry-on, checked, and outsized baggage prices. The nice manner to do this is to feed your Sun County baggage prices to a Capital One® Venture® Rewards card. You can then use the card’s Purchase Eraser tool to “erase” the price out of your statement. You can also manage your tickets with the Sun country manage booking tool, they have many options to make changes starting from seat to ticket changes.
In short, the Purchase Eraser helps you to use your Capital One points to cover any sort of travel purchase. For example, in case you pay $30 to buy a Sun County carry-on bag online, you may use 3,000 factors to erase the charge. Just note which you have 90 days from the date of buy to erase journey charges.
Alternatively, you may use the Sun Country Airlines® Visa Signature® Card to store 50% to your first bag. Other card advantages encompass complimentary top class beverages, precedence boarding, and more.
Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card – This no annual charge card comes with a 20,000-mile welcome bonus (well worth $200) once you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months. When you use your card for tour purchases (e.G. Baggage charges), use your miles to repay all, or component of, your statement! This is why we love this card.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – With a bigger 50,000 welcome bonus (worth $500), it is the “large brother” card to the VentureOne®when you spend $3,000 in the first three months.
Restricted Items in sun country airlines baggage policy
By federal law, certain objects are taken into consideration hazardous substances and prohibited from being transported on all Sun Country Airlines flights.
The following gadgets are examples of objects that will not be transported by way of Sun Country Airlines.
Categories of Hazardous materials which are forbidden
- Flammable substances
- Compressed Gases
- Radioactive substances
Examples of hazardous substances forbidden for carriage
- Lithium batteries
- Spray starch
- Liquid fuels (e.G. Gasoline, butane, lighter fluid)
- Liquid oxygen
- Torch lighters
- Strike everywhere matches
- Oxygen bottles or cylinders
Passengers can transport liquids, gels, lotions or similar items through the security checkpoint if the gadgets are much less than 3.4oz (a hundred ml) in my opinion and they are in shape into an obvious 1 qt (1 liter) plastic bag.
The contents must fit absolutely in the plastic bag and may be subjected to x-ray inspection separate from the passenger’s keep on bag.
Passengers may have the following items, however must declare them to TSA on the screening checkpoint if not contained in a clear or transparent resealable 1 liter plastic bag and/or are over 3.4oz. or 100ml.
- Baby formula/milk (to include breast milk), juice, and baby food in containers if a toddler or small infant is touring
- Medications (liquid, gel, and aerosol)
- Liquids (to include juice) or gels for diabetic or different clinical needs.
Some devices are not counted as additional carry-ons and have to be stored in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations are Mobility devices, crutches, canes, braces, or other mobility aids wished via the customer.
Active Military Personnel
Active US Military employees traveling on legit orders are allowed to check two luggage free of charge. To qualify, army employees will need to present a valid military ID card.
Sun Country Airlines 2005 Cargo Road Minneapolis, MN 55450.
If you have more queries for Sun Country Airlines Baggage Policy, you can just visit suncountry.com or you can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get more information about Sun Country Airlines baggage policy.