Last Updated on April 20, 2020 by Editor Team
WestJet Airlines Baggage Policy Fees & Rules
Westjet is a low-value Canadian Airline and located in 1966. In the united states, it is the ninth-largest airline by passengers carried in North America. More than 100 locations in Canada, WestJet provides a constitution and scheduled air services.
WestJet operates on an average of 66,130 passengers in keeping with day and operates on a median of 777 flights. WestJet Airways carried 25.49 million passengers in 2018.
Get last-minute deals & discount for new booking & reservations. Also, get answers to all your queries related to airline baggage policy, allowance limit, carry-on weight limit, rules for international & domestic flights, fees, etc. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
WestJet Airlines Baggage Policy
WestJet Airlines baggage policy includes the following for the regular basic fares:
- 1 personal item – Fee free
- 1 carry-on item – Fee free
- Checked baggage – Applicable costs according to bag depending on number checked.
- Overweight and Oversized bags – Applicable costs according to bag depending on weight and size.
- Sports equipment – Certain items may have relevant charges.
- Carry-On Baggage
WestJet Airlines Carry-On Allowance Baggage Policy
WestJet Airlines allows one carry-on bag fee is free for each passenger and only one personal item like a laptop bag, purse and briefcase.
The restriction should not be exceeded for size and weight in carry-on baggage:
- Including handles and wheels, the bag should be within 114 centimeters or 45 linear inches
- In front of you, Fit the seat below or within the overhead bin.
The restriction should not be exceeded following size and weight in a personal item :
- 35 linear inches or 89 centimeters.
- Fit below the seat in front of you or within the overhead bin.
- Assistive gadgets like wheelchairs, crutches, strollers, and so on and other items like umbrellas, diaper bags, jackets and duty-free items are not counted in carry-on allowance.
Lap-Little one carry-on policy:
1 diaper bag and the system car seat are permitted to bring in a Lap-Little carry-on.
WestJet Airlines Stroller Check Policy:
JetBlue offers a courtesy gate-check of strollers or car seats.
WestJet Airlines hold luggage policy
The details of hold luggage policy of WestJet Airlines are the following:
- 23 kilograms or 50 pounds maximum weight is allowed.
- maximum dimensions allowed are 157 centimeters or 62 inches.
- On WestJet encore flights 3 maximum bags are allowed.
- 2 standard bags up to 4 bags are the maximum allowed.
WestJet checked Baggage Allowance fees
Maximum weight and maximum size allowed for checked bag allowance are 23 kilograms or 50 pounds and 157 centimeters or 62 linear inches respectively. Details of checked baggage allowance fees are given below in the table form:
|Fare Type||1st Bag||2nd Bag||3rd Bag||4th Bag|
|Basic, Member Exclusive or Econo||$30-$35.40||$50-$59||$100-$118||$100-$118|
|Premium||No Fee||No Fee||$100-$118||$100-$118|
|Business||No Fee||No Fee||$100-$118||$100-$118|
Baggage Fees of WestJet Airlines
The form of fare you purchase they are determined by way of your destination, if you are an energetic or retired military personnel when you have repute with WestJet’s (WS) common flyer program, popularity with an affiliated carrier, or if you have a WestJet (WS) sponsored credit/rate card.
For WestJet checked baggage fees:
- $35.40 USD/ $30.00 CAD for First Bag.
- $59.00 USD/ $50.00 CAD for Second Bag.
- $118.00 USD/ $100.00 CAD for third and each additional bag.
WestJet Airlines excess baggage fees
$118.00 USD or $100.00 CAD will be charged by WestJet Airlines for third and additional bags.
WestJet Airlines Overweight baggage fees
WestJet Airlines will charge for the overweight bags when the bag weight is greater than 23 kilograms or 50 pounds. The details are given below:
- $88.50 USD/ $75.00 CAD extra per bag if the bag weight is between 24 to 45 kilograms or 51 to 100 pounds.
- Bags having weight more than 45 kilograms or 100 pounds will not be accepted.
Oversized Baggage Fees of WestJet Airlines
In JetBlue Airlines the bags that have from 158 to 203 centimeters or from 63 to 80 linear inches will charge $88.50 USD/ $75.00 CAD extra. Bags having size more than 80 linear inches or 158 centimeters will now not be allowed as checked baggage luggage.
Fees for sports equipment
Sports equipment like skis, golf bags, fishing instrumentality, hockey, and field game instrumentality are accepted up to size and weight limits and can count jointly checked bag/hold bags and Associated fees can be applied to that. The maximum length allowed for any piece of sports items is 3 meters or 9.8 feet
Exclusions and Waivers
The following passengers receive loose checked bag benefits:
- 1 free bag for WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard holders
- WestJet Rewards Members:
- 2 unfastened luggage for Silver-tier:
- 2 free baggage for Gold tier:
- Three loose baggage for Platinum tier
The unfastened bag gain applies to the eligible passenger and up to 8 companions on the identical reservation (excluding WestJet businesses and WestJet Vacations institution bookings). The WestJet Rewards ID should be at the reservation at the time of check-in.
Active or Veteran Military Personnel
WestJet lets in lively or veteran navy personnel to bring four bags at no cost if visiting for enterprise or pleasure. When journeying on WestJet Encore the limit is 3 bags. They do not exceed the maximum extra allowance and Overweight and oversized prices are also waived.
This applies to the Canadian army and active army employees from different nations who present valid army identification. Some regulations practice as to who the gain extends to.
1 loose bag is permitted in step with passenger sporting humanitarian aid, supplied it does not exceed the same old length and weight allowances.
Checked Bag in WestJet Airlines with Credit Cards
There are some rewards cards where you could use your factors to offset statement fees if you want to lessen your normal out-of-pocket costs.
For example, with the cards below, every factor is worth 1 percent. So in case you have $50 of baggage fee-fees (or any costs in fact), you may use 5,000 points through the Purchase Eraser tool to pay for those prices in preference to cash!
Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card – This no annual charge card comes with a 20,000-mile welcome bonus (well worth $200) once you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months. When you use your card for tour purchases (e.G. Baggage charges), use your miles to repay all, or component of, your statement! This is why we love this card.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – With a bigger 50,000 welcome bonus (worth $500), it is the “large brother” card to the VentureOne®when you spend $3,000 in the first three months.
Restricted items of WestJet Airlines
Items that we commonly used in our daily life may seem harmless; however, they can be very dangerous, some of the items that are restricted by WestJet Airlines that may be harmful while traveling. Details of restricted items are given below:
- Alcoholic beverages:
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed in both carry-on and checked baggage but with restrictions.
- Volume over 70 percent of alcohol is not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages must be original packed.
- Volume over 24 percent of alcohol does not exceed 5 liters.
- Batteries are only allowed in carry-on baggage.
- Energy-efficient light bulbs are allowed in both carry-on and checked baggage.
- Cattle prods are not allowed in carry-on and checked baggage.
- Household chemicals are not allowed in checked and carry-on baggage.
- Flammables like charcoal tablets and quick lightning are not allowed in carry-on and checked baggage.
In case of having any query related to WestJet Airlines baggage policy fees & rules, you must feel free to contact Treknova for more assistance. We are always available to answer your problems and questions 24*7 at our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547.