Westjet is a low-value Canadian Airline and was located in Calgary, Alberta near Calgary international airport and began its operations in 1966. In the united states, it is the ninth-largest airline by passengers carried in North America. With more than 100 locations in Canada, WestJet provides a constitution and scheduled air services.
WestJet operates on an average of 66,130 passengers in keeping with the day and operates on a median of 777 flights. WestJet Airways carried 25.49 million passengers in 2018.
Get last-minute deals & discount for new booking & reservations. Also, get answers to all your queries related to airline baggage policy, baggage allowance limit, carry-on weight limit, rules for international & domestic flights, fees, etc. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
Key Guidelines: WestJet Airlines Baggage Policy
WestJet Airlines have own set of rules for traveling and they tried to make it convenient for the customers by making flexible policies. Here we discuss some key guidelines for the baggage.
- Every country has some rules and regulations for entering with the goods and items you bear, so the baggage should be acceptable in the country where you are going to arrive.
- At the airport, the security person or the authorized government officials may ask for the inspection of your bag so be ready anytime to inspect your baggage. You can’t deny the inspection otherwise your baggage can’t be allowed by the security agency to travel or fly.
- Make sure you’re not traveling with the restricted items because some airlines, as well as some countries, have some set of rules for the restricted items which they are not allowed on the flight journey.
- Always carry a bag made with strong material so that it reduces the chance of damage to the outer part of your container or bag. It is highly recommended to carry the luxurious items with you as a personal item carry-on baggage like jewelry, mobile device, etc.
- Passengers can pay online for checked baggage at the time of check-in but can pay only up to 2 pieces of checked baggage.
WestJet baggage policy includes the following for the regular basic fares:
- 1 personal item – Fee free
- 1 carry-on item – Fee free
- Checked baggage – Applicable costs according to bag depending on number checked.
- Overweight and Oversized bags – Applicable costs according to bag depending on weight and size.
- Sports equipment – Certain items may have relevant charges.
- Carry-On Baggage has some size limits to fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
WestJet Airlines Carry-On Allowance Baggage Policy
WestJet Airlines allows one carry-on bag fee is free for each passenger and only one personal item like a laptop bag, purse, and briefcase.
The restriction should not be exceeded for size and weight in carry-on baggage:
- Including handles and wheels, the bag should be within 114 centimeters or (21L x15W x 9h) 45 linear inches
- In front of you, Fit the seat below or within the overhead bin.
- The personal item size limit is (16inches x 13inches x 6inches). it must be lightweight so that you can carry it easily into the cabin.
The restriction should not be exceeded the following size and weight in a personal item :
- 35 linear inches or 89 centimeters.
- Fit below the seat in front of you or within the overhead bin.
- Assistive gadgets like wheelchairs, crutches, strollers, and so on, and other items like umbrellas, diaper bags, jackets, and duty-free items are not counted in the carry-on allowance.
Lap-Little one carry-on policy:
1 diaper bag and the system car seat are permitted to bring in a Lap-Little carry-on.
WestJet Airlines Stroller Check Policy:
JetBlue offers a courtesy gate-check of strollers or car seats.
WestJet Airlines hold luggage policy
The details of the hold luggage policy of WestJet Airlines are the following:
- 23 kilograms or 50 pounds maximum checked baggage weight is allowed.
- The maximum dimensions allowed are 157 centimeters or 62 inches.
- On WestJet encore flights 3 maximum bags are allowed.
- 2 standard bags up to 4 bags are the maximum allowed.
WestJet Checked Baggage Allowance Fees
The maximum weight and maximum carry-on size allowed for checked bag allowance are 23 kilograms or 50 pounds and 157 centimeters or 62 linear inches respectively. Details of checked WestJet baggage allowance fees are given below in the table form:
|Fare Type||1st Bag||2nd Bag||3rd Bag||4th Bag|
|Basic, Member Exclusive, or Econo||$30-$35.40||$50-$59||$100-$118||$100-$118|
|Premium||No Fee||No Fee||$100-$118||$100-$118|
|Business||No Fee||No Fee||$100-$118||$100-$118|
WestJet Baggage Fees
The form of fare you purchase they are determined by way of your destination, if you are an energetic or retired military personnel when you have repute with WestJet’s (WS) common flyer program, popularity with an affiliated carrier, or if you have a WestJet (WS) sponsored credit/rate card.
For WestJet checked luggage fees:
- $35.40 USD/ $30.00 CAD for First Bag.
- $59.00 USD/ $50.00 CAD for Second Bag.
- $118.00 USD/ $100.00 CAD for third and each additional bag.
WestJet Airlines’ Excess Baggage Cost
$118.00 USD or $100.00 CAD will be charged by WestJet Airlines for third and additional bags.
WestJet Airlines Overweight Fees
WestJet Airlines will charge the overweight baggage fees when the bag weight is greater than 23 kilograms or 50 pounds. The details are given below:
- $88.50 USD/ $75.00 CAD extra per bag if the bag weight is between 24 to 45 kilograms or 51 to 100 pounds.
- Bags having a weight of more than 45 kilograms or 100 pounds will not be accepted.
Oversized Baggage Fees of WestJet Airlines
In JetBlue Airlines the bags that have from 158 to 203 centimeters or from 63 to 80 linear inches will charge $88.50 USD/ $75.00 CAD extra. Bags having sizes more than 80 linear inches or 158 centimeters will now not be allowed as checked baggage luggage.
Fees for sports equipment
Sports equipment like skis, golf bags, fishing instrumentality, hockey, and field game instrumentality are accepted up to size and weight limits and can count jointly checked bag/hold bags and Associated fees can be applied to that. The maximum length allowed for any piece of sports items is 3 meters or 9.8 feet
Exclusions and Waivers
The following passengers receive loose checked bag benefits:
- 1 free bag for WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard holders
- WestJet Rewards Members:
- 2 unfastened luggage for Silver-tier:
- 2 free baggage for the Gold tier:
- Three loose baggage for Platinum tier
The unfastened bag gain applies to the eligible passenger and up to 8 companions on the identical reservation (excluding WestJet businesses and WestJet Vacations institution bookings). The WestJet Rewards ID should be at the reservation at the time of check-in.
Active or Veteran Military Personnel
WestJet lets in lively or veteran navy personnel to bring four bags at no cost if visiting for enterprise or pleasure. When journeying on WestJet Encore the limit is 3 bags. They do not exceed the maximum extra baggage and Overweight and oversized prices are also waived.
This applies to the Canadian army and active army employees from different nations who present valid army identification. Some regulations practice as to who the gain extends to.
1 loose bag is permitted in step with passenger sporting humanitarian aid, supplied it does not exceed the same old length and weight allowances.
Checked Bag in WestJet Airlines with Credit Cards
There are some rewards cards where you could use your factors to offset statement fees if you want to lessen your normal out-of-pocket costs.
For example, with the cards below, every factor is worth 1 percent. So in case you have $50 of baggage fees (or any costs in fact), you may use 5,000 points through the Purchase Eraser tool to pay for those prices in preference to cash!
Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card – This no annual charge card comes with a 20,000-mile welcome bonus (well worth $200) once you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months. When you use your card for tour purchases (e.G. Baggage charges), use your miles to repay all, or component of, your statement! This is why we love this card.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – With a bigger 50,000 welcome bonus (worth $500), it is the “large brother” card to the VentureOne®when you spend $3,000 in the first three months.
Restricted Items of WestJet Airlines
Items that we commonly used in our daily life may seem harmless; however, they can be very dangerous, some of the items that are restricted by WestJet Airlines may be harmful while traveling. Details of WestJet restricted items are given below:
- Alcoholic beverages:
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed in both carry-on and checked baggage but with restrictions.
- Volume over 70 percent of alcohol is not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages must be original packed.
- Volume over 24 percent of alcohol does not exceed 5 liters.
- Batteries are only allowed in carry-on baggage.
- Energy-efficient light bulbs are allowed in both carry-on and checked baggage.
- Cattle prods are not allowed in carry-on and check-in baggage.
- Household chemicals are not allowed in checked and carry-on baggage.
- Flammables like charcoal tablets and quick lightning are not allowed in carry-on and checked baggage.
WestJet Musical Instruments Policy
In WestJet Airlines, you are allowed to bring your musical instruments on board along with your carry-on allowance. The only condition is that it should be under the allowed carry-on dimensions of 53 cm x 23 cm x 38 cm (21 in. x 9 in. x 15 in.), and it should be fit in the overhead locker or under the front seat and if it is too big to fit under the seat then you can not buy a seat for that instrument.
WestJet Pet Policy
In WestJet, you are allowed to bring your pet (dogs, cats, rabbits, or households birds) to travel in the cabin if you are above 18 years. There is a specific rule given by the airline that a pet will be carried in the carrier comfortably in which a pet can easily sit, stand or turn around. The carrier should fit under the front seat of the passenger and the length must be under 41 cm L x 21.5 cm H x25.4 cm W (16 in. L x 8.5 in. H x 10 in. W).
The airline can carry only up to three to four pets on board so keep it in mind if it is necessary then only consider traveling with your pet. A pet who is in a good health or vaccinated then only it will be allowed by the airlines.
What If I Found, Damaged, Delayed My Baggage
Hope so this misfortune never happens to anyone. WestJet airlines are very cooperative at this time when you get delayed or misplaced your baggage. If your baggage is delayed or misplaced then sooner you have to create the baggage report within the 12 hours of arriving at your destination.
Another way to file a complaint is to contact the baggage service agents at the airport, they will help you to create the delayed baggage report and advise you on the next step to be taken.
WestJet will compensate if your baggage is delayed within America, around $100 for the first 48 hours and if delayed by more than 48 hours then they will compensate $150 to $250.
In case your bag is lost and didn’t found till 21 days then you will get the $2300 for the compensation under the (SDRs) Special Drawings Rights which is a replacement value for your baggage.
In case of any queries related to WestJet Airlines baggage policy fees & rules, you must feel free to contact Treknova for more assistance. We are always available to answer your problems and questions 24*7 at our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547.