Being the 5th largest airline in the USA, covering 116 destinations and flying worldwide, Alaska Airlines offers the best reservation and flight booking service, with their best route map guide.
But sometimes it may happen that you want to cancel your flight tickets. It is easy to cancel a flight with Alaska Airlines, you just need to know their cancellation and refund policy.
In this article, you will get important information regarding Alaska Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy for booked or reserved tickets. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to know about the current offer, promo codes & discounts.
Alaska Airlines’ 24-hour Cancellation Policy:
Under the 24-hours cancellation policy, Cancel your flight ticket within 24-hours of booking with a full refund or you can change your flight plan with no extra charges (changes are not allowed for Saver Fares). But Saver Fares can cancel their ticket and get a full refund by following the above mention steps.
How does it work?
You can make a change in your ticket or cancel your flight by using the option “Manage Reservation” on the official home page of Alaska Airlines.
If you are planning to change your itinerary or cancel your flight, you can change or cancel it within the first 24-hours. But you should know that
- If you want to cancel your flight ticket, they will get a refund for your amount of unused ticket within 7 working days at your original mode of payment.
- If you need to change your flight, you can make that change only one time without paying any charges. But you have to bear the extended charges of your changed flight if any.
This policy applies only to those flights whose departure time is more than 24-hours from the time of booking the flight.
For any query, you can contact Alaska airlines directly and can even dial our Treknova toll-free helpline number +1-800-831-1547 or contact us by mailing us at email@example.com to get solved your doubts.
Steps for Alaska Airlines Ticket Cancellation:
Follow these steps to cancel your Alaska Airlines Ticket:
Step 1: First visit the official website of Alaska Airlines
Step 2: Then, click on “Manage Reservation” and put your details over there (passenger’s last name & confirmation code). Click on “Continue”.
Step 3: Tap on “Cancel a current reservation”, and select “Cancel”
Step 4: The amount will be refunded to your original form of payment or you can choose whether you want to receive your money back through “Send The Credit To My Wallet” or “Send The Travel Credit To My Email“.
Points to remember:
- By choosing ‘Send The Credit To My Wallet’, your refund amount will be credited to the “My Account” section of Alaska Airlines. Through that option, you will receive your refund amount immediately. In case it didn’t happen, your will receive your refund amount within 7 working days. You can reuse it for your next booking with Alaska Airlines.
- And choosing ‘Send The Travel Credit To My Email’, You will receive two emails having a ‘certificate code’ and ‘PIN’. You can use it when you will book your next flight ticket with Alaska Airlines. But at that time, you need both a certificate code and PIN to avail the benefit.
Check Alaska Airlines Refund Eligibility:
Your purchase reservation must have eligibility in order to cancel your flight ticket and receive your refund or credit amount in your account. These eligibilities are:
- The ticket must be issued by alaskaair.com, Alaska Airlines Ticket Counter, or Alaska Airlines Reservation Call Center.
- Tickets with Saver fare will not get a refund if canceled after 24-hours of booking.
- Should not accommodate any Government fare.
- Should not be booked under Group or Vacation travel package & also can not be merged in that category.
- Should not be booked for alone minor and is compulsory booked through the Alaska airlines, other then Alaska booking can not be contained.
- You must have the passenger’s last name and verification code or e-ticket number to change or cancel your flight online.
- The payment must be in the form of US dollar currency.
- It should be within a year from the date of purchase.
Nonrefundable tickets may be issued a credit certificate or credit deposit into your wallet after the first 24 hours. Changes in the fee are according to the airline’s rules and the time the credit certificate or deposit is issued.
If your purchased reservation matches the above-given criteria, then your flight ticket amount will be refunded to your original source of payment.
The unused tickets which are nonrefundable like saver fare can also cancel within 24-hours of purchasing the ticket. It may be refunded to your original source of payment, as the travel begins more than 24-hours after the booking of the flight.
Changes and Cancellation Fee
Alaska airlines change some rules for cancellation and change fees for the main and the first-class fare (excluding super saver) everywhere flies. This change is affected from the 1st May 2021.
|Service/Fee type||Standard Fee||First Class (purchased) passenger||First Class (award) passenger||First Class (upgrade) passenger||Mileage Plan™ MVP®||Mileage Plan™ MVP® Gold or 75K|
|Same-day confirmed changes||$50||$50||$50||$50||$50||Free|
|Same-day confirmed changes for flights within the state of California||$25||$25||$25||$25||$25||Free|
Rules and Guidelines of Super Saver Ticket
Firstly, all of you want to know about super saver fare. Basically, any airline that purchases its ticket at a discounted rate is known for its different categories which is a super saver. Supersaver has lots of benefits but it has some restrictions like you cannot make a change and also not allowing for refunds. Alaska has also issued a super saver but with its own rules and regulations. Here we discuss some rules regarding super saver
- First of all, you can purchase the super saver fare only at the official website of Alaska airlines and some participating agents.
- Supersaver tickets are not available for all the routes of flights it included in some selected routes
- You can not allow for making change and cancel the super saver fare ticket and no refunds are allowed. (excluding 24hr free cancellation policy).
- saver fare is also not allowed to combine with other fare types on the same itinerary.
If you obtain your tickets via a 3rd party, some other tour agency, or some other airline, touch them immediately for assistance.
Here we have given you all the information that would be helpful for you to make a change or cancellation online. In case you still have any query you can directly call us on +1-800-831-1547, or you can take our services directly by treknova.com