Being the 5th largest airline in the USA, covering 116 destinations and flying worldwide, Alaska Airlines offers the best reservation and flight booking service, with their best route map guide.
But sometimes it may happen that you want to cancel your flight tickets. It is easy to cancel a flight with Alaska Airlines, you just need to know their cancellation and refund policy.
In this article, you will get important information regarding Alaska Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy for booked or reserved tickets. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to know about the current offer, promo codes & discounts.
Alaska Airlines’ 24-hour Cancellation Policy:
Under the 24-hours cancellation policy, Cancel your flight ticket within 24-hours of booking with a full refund or you can change your flight plan with no extra charges (changes are not allowed for Saver Fares). But Saver Fares can cancel their ticket and get a full refund by following the above mention steps.
How does it work?
You can make a change in your ticket or cancel your flight by using the option “Manage Reservation” on the official home page of Alaska Airlines.
If you are planning to change your itinerary or cancel your flight, you can change or cancel it within the first 24-hours. But you should know that
- If you want to cancel your flight ticket, they will get refund your amount of unused ticket within 7 working days at your original mode of payment.
- If you need to change your flight, you can make that change only one time without paying any chrges. But you have to bear the extended charges of your changed flight, if any.
This policy applies only for those flights which departure time is more than 24-hours from the time of booking the flight.
For any query, you can contact Alaska airlines directly and can even dial our Treknova toll-free helpline number +1-800-831-1547 or contact us by mailing us at email@example.com to get solved your doubts.
Steps for Alaska Airlines Ticket Cancellation:
Follow these steps to cancel your Alaska Airlines Ticket:
Step 1: First visit the official website of Alaska Airlines
Step 2: Then, click on “Manage Reservation” and put your details over there (passenger’s last name & confirmation code). Click on “Continue”.
Step 3: Tap on “Cancel a current reservation”, select “Cancel”
Step 4: The amount will be refunded to your original form of payment or you can choose whether you want to receive your money back through “Send The Credit To My Wallet” or “Send The Travel Credit To My Email“.
Points to remember:
- By choosing ‘Send The Credit To My Wallet’, your refund amount will be credited to “My Account” section of Alaska Airlines. Through that option, you will receive your refund amount immediately. In case it didn’t happened, your will receive your refund amount within 7 working days. You can reuse it at your next booking with the Alaska Airlines.
- And choosing ‘Send The Travel Credit To My Email’, You will recieve two emails having a ‘certificate code’ and ‘PIN’. You can use it when you will book your next flight ticket with Alaska Airlines. But at that time, you need the both certificate code and PIN to avail the benefit.
Check Alaska Airlines Refund Eligibility and Policy:
Your purchase reservation must have eligibility in order to cancel your flight ticket and receive your refund or credit amount at your account. These eligibilities are:
- The ticket must issued by alaskaair.com, Alaska Airlines Ticket Counter, or Alask Airlines Reservation Call Center.
- Tickets with Saver fare will not get a refund if canceled after 24-hours of booking.
- Should not accomodate any Government fare.
- Should not be booked under Group or Vaccation travel package & also can not be merged in that category.
- Should not booked for alone minor and is complusry booked through the Alska airlines, other then Alaska booking can not be contained.
- You must have passenger’s last name and verification code or e-ticket number to change or cancel your flight online.
- The payment must be in the form of US dollar currency.
- It should be within a year from the date of puchase.
Nonrefundable tickets may be issued a credit certificate or credit deposit into your wallet after the first 24 hours. Changes in the fee are according to the airline’s rules and the time the credit certificate or deposit is issued.
If your purchased reservation matches the above-given criteria, then your flight ticket amount will be refunded to your original source of payment.
The unused tickets which are nonrefundable like saver fare can also cancel within 24-hours of purchasing the ticket. It may be refunded to your original source of payment, as the travel begins more than 24-hours after the booking of the flight.
Latest Update for Corona-Virus Policies
As the COVID situation hits us hard. Travel is something that has been at stake. You never know when you have to cancel your ticket and buy a new one just for your travel.
In such a situation booking, canceling, re-booking, payment refund, etc are also very normal to every individual.
Even the airlines understand this situation very well and try to make it easy for the passengers. so that customers don’t have to face problems regarding Cancel or Change the purchased reservation. Thus, Alaska Airlines has come up with many cancellation policies with no extra charges for a certain period of time.
As they are part of the Covid-19 situation like you, they understand the financial situation of the public. So, they are providing the discount facility to their passengers for change or cancel the purchased tickets through 30/April/2021. Those saver fares who booked the ticket before 30/April/2021 can not be changed, but they can cancel the ticket and get a refund. that can be used for future travel.
From 01/May/2021, the change or cancellation of ticket fee was eliminated permanently for Main & First Class Fares. If saver fare wants to change or cancel the ticket, you can check the 24-hours Cancellation Policy here.
After the changes are done, the passenger will be responsible for the amount difference for a new booking. similarly, if your new booking amount is lower than the prior one, either you will get that extra amount in your future credit or refund immediately as per your flight ticket.
Here we have given you all the information that would be helpful for you to make a change or cancellation online. In case you still have any query you can directly call us on +1-800-831-1547, or you can take our services directly by treknova.com
If you obtain your tickets via a 3rd party, some other tour agency, or some other airline, touch them immediately for assistance.