Are you looking for the process of canceling your flight ticket? If yes then you are landed at the right place. Canceling a flight may be a hectic and lengthy task for those who do not frequently fly. Because at the time of cancelation we need to keep in mind that when are we canceling the ticket what are the refund fee and cancellation charges? If we are aware of the whole process then we will be able to save some extra bucks and time too.
Avianca Airlines’ 24-Hours Cancellation Policy
We book our flight tickets just to make our journey successful and with a mindset of making it as smooth as possible. But in a few circumstances, we may need to cancel the flight ticket. For this kind of emergency situation, Avianca Airline allows customers to cancel their flight tickets within 24 hours of the booking. Under these 24 hours, the airline will not ask for any charges. Below are the details and rules of Avianca Airlines’ 24 hours cancellation policy.
- Avianca Airlines allows customers to cancel their flight tickets within 24 hours of the booking. When a person cancels the flight ticket within 24 hours of the booking then they do not need to pay any excess amount as a cancellation fee.
- When the customer cancels the flight ticket within 7 days of the departure of the flight then they need to pay the cancellation charges while canceling the ticket.
- As per the Avianca Airlines cancellation policy, you will get the amount of the refundable ticket. But if you booked the non-refundable flight ticket then you will only get the rewards points which you can use for your next trip or when you will book your flight ticket for the next time.
Avianca Airlines Refund Policy
Avianca Airlines refund policy always depends on the situation which means when are you canceling the ticket, what is the season, if there is a holiday or not and there are many factors as such. The refund amount also depends upon which type of cancelation you are making like whether your ticket is refundable or not, and if you are canceling the ticket within 24 hours or not. There are various ways through which you can cancel the flight ticket such as Canceling the ticket online, canceling on phone, or on desk cancelation. Below are the details and steps which will help you to guide through which you will get a clear idea on how to cancel your Avianca Airlines flight ticket.
Online Ticket Cancellation:
- To cancel the ticket online you have to visit the official website of Avianca Airlines and then click on the ‘My Trip’ bar.
- You have to enter your booking code as well as the last name of the passenger. And then click on the ‘Manage Booking’ bar.
- Now you have to select the flight which you want to cancel from many options (if any) then select the ‘Cancel’ bar to cancel the flight ticket.
- After these steps, the website will redirect you to another page of the process and now you will be able to see the deduction and cancellation charges as well as fees and taxes on the cancellation of the ticket.
- Now the airline’s website will ask you for permission whether to cancel the flight ticket or not and now it will show you the deduction fees and the refundable amount. If you agree then click on the ‘Confirm my Selection’ tab for the further process.
- Now when your request is made for the cancellation of the ticket then you will receive the refund amount in the next 7-10 business days.
Telephonic Ticket Cancellation:
You also can make the cancellation of your flight ticket on the telephone by calling on the official contact number of Avianca Airlines.
- To cancel your ticket on the telephone you have to be ready by keeping your documents and registration and your ticket number with you so that if the customer executive asks you for the details then you will easily answer it without any further delays.
- You also can ask your travel agent to contact Avianca Airlines and to cancel the ticket, your agent will help you to get a better idea about the cancellation of the flight.
- Once you are connected with the customer executive then he will give you the details of whether your ticket is refundable or not and more about the cancellation fees and taxes which will be deducted from your original amount.
- Once you are agreed and are satisfied with the customer executive then he will ask you to cancel the flight and then your flight will be canceled.
- If your flight is cancelled with your consent then your amount will be refunded into your original source of deduction within 7-10 business days.
Canceling Ticket at Airport:
If you are near the cancellation office or at the nearest Avianca Airlines cancellation airport then you can request a last-minute cancellation.
- You have to reach at least three hours before the scheduled departure of the flight to cancel your flight ticket.
- First, you have to ask the executive whether your ticket is refundable or not if yes then you can move forward with the further process.
- Once you have given the details of your flight ticket or your ticket number then the executive will give you brief details about the cancellation fees and the taxes on the ticket.
- Then the executive will ask for your id proof or details and your email id then you will receive the cancellation code which you have to share with them. Once he is approved then you are eligible for the cancellation process.
- If you allow the executive to cancel your flight ticket then he will refund that particular amount on your original source of deducted account under 7-10 business days.