Brussels Airlines is the largest airline in Belgium. They ever try to provide the best service to their passengers. But sometimes conditions are not favorable, and due to that, it may possible they cancel or delay their flight or it may also be possible that the passengers don’t want to travel.
In all the given conditions, you may want to know about the Brussels Airlines cancellation and refund policy to cancel your flight and get a full refund of your canceled ticket.
If you are one of them who want to know about the cancellation and refund policy, then you are in the right place. Here we will provide you with all the detailed information about how to cancel the Brussels Airlines reservation and get a full refund.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for Brussels Check-in Tips, you may go with the Check-in Tips page.
In case you have queries about Brussels airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy for booked or reserved tickets! You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to talk to our customer support team & to know about the current offer, promo codes & discounts.
Key Highlights: Brussels Airlines Cancellation policy
Some problems are inevitable in life and you can’t avoid them, you have to confront that. And if you get to face these problems in between the preplanned trip then you may get irritated due to the heavy paid booked price. Considering these issues Brussels Airlines gives flexibility to their customer to avoid any monetary loss of their passengers. Passengers can easily cancel their tickets while sitting at their home. You have to only pay attention to the key points of Brussels Airlines.
- The very first thing is passengers can cancel their tickets online through the website on their own as well as offline by contacting their helpline number.
- If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking then you will get a full refund on cancellation.
- If you want to cancel the ticket regarding group booking then you need to contact the Group booking department of Brussels Airlines.
- If you missed your free-cancellation window then you have to pay some extra charges on the cancellation. Cancellation charges totally depend on the ticket fare class in which you booked your ticket.
- If you booked your ticket and after that, you upgrade your ticket then Brussels Airlines can’t initiate the refund for the upgrades. They only start the refund procedure for the original ticket.
- If your ticket is booked through any travel agent or other travel website then you have to contact them directly for the cancellation.
- If you have travel insurance for the flight then you have an opportunity to cancel your ticket 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- You can also cancel your ticket offline through the helpline number +1-800-831-1547 where you can request the cancellation of your ticket to the customer care executive.
- The customer care executive may ask some questions regarding your tickets and your details to verify their authenticity. After verification, they’ll initiate your cancellation request.
Brussels Airlines 24-Hours Cancellation Policy:
The airline knows about unexpected things that may affect your travel plan. That’s why they offer you the flexibility to cancel your flight ticket and make a request for your refund too according to the 24-hour cancellation policy of the airline.
Brussels allows you to cancel your airline ticket within 24 hours of booking and get a refund too. You don’t have to pay any cancellation charges for this but you are able to cancel your ticket if your reservation is booked online only. You can get your refund after deducting airline, payment, & travel insurance charges as they are non-refundable.
How to cancel a Brussels flight ticket online?
We have provided all the information on the Brussels cancellation above. Hopefully, you have read it. Now we will discuss the exact steps of the cancellation process.
If you want to cancel your ticket online, then you can simply follow these steps and your Brussels flight ticket will be canceled.
Steps to cancel Brussels Airlines flight ticket:
- Step 1:- Firstly, you have to visit the official website of “Brussels Airlines” or “https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-us/“.
- Step 2:- On the home page of the airline you will see the option naming “My Booking“. Tap on it.
- Step 3:- A blank form will open on your desktop screen, fill that form with your credential such as “Last Name” & “Booking Reference Number“.
- Step 4:- After filling in that form, now you need to click on “Go to my booking“.
- Step 5:- Now you will see several options on your screen, choose your preferred option like “Cancel” or “Change“.
- Step 6:- Now you have to proceed with the given command and cancel/change your airline ticket.
- Step 7:- After the completion of all these steps, you will receive an email regarding your cancellation by the airline. Now you are eligible to submit a refund request online.
Brussels Airlines Refund Policy:
If you don’t want to rebook or may be unable to find a good destination or suitable dates for your travel, you don’t need to worry about anything. The airline offers you to cancel your ticket and submit a request to get a refund.
- If your flight is canceled by the end of the airline, you will get a refund for your ticket.
- If you have an unused voucher, you can apply for a refund according to the terms and conditions of your ticket.
But how much amount will get in the form of a refund totally depends on your ticket fare. You will have to check whether your ticket is refundable or not.
1. Short-haul & Medium-haul Flights
|For Tickets Booked In||Economy Light,|
|Economy Flex||Business Flex|
2. Long-haul Flights (to/from Africa & Intra Africa)
|For Tickets Booked In||1 Bag, Low Flex||Standard, Medium Flex||Flex, Max Flex|
3. Long-haul Flights (to/from the United States & Canada)
|For Tickets Booked In||Light, Basic||Basic Plus, Basic Plus 1||Flex|
* If standard cancellation charges are higher than the basic fare + in international surcharge, then the airline will charge the basic fare + international surcharge.
** You have to pay €40 as an administration fee for all the refund requests through the customer support center & all other online channels. The admin fee will be applicable as per your ticket.
If your flight was canceled due to COVID-19 and you requested a FlightVoucher, this doesn’t mean that you have no right to get a refund for your canceled flight.
If you don’t want to go with FlightVoucher, you are allowed to make a request for your refund. It may possible that the airline will take a longer time to process your refund due to a large number of requests.
But, if you want to keep the FlightVoucher, you are free to book a flight with the airline. In order to use this voucher, you have to contact the airline before Oct 31, 2021. Your flight (booked using the FlightVoucher) must be on or before July 31, 2022.
Not only this if still you have any queries related to Brussels Airlines cancellation, flights, or ticket booking tips you must feel free to contact Treknova. We are always available to answer your problems and questions 24*7 at our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured is the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.
COVID-19 Update Brussels Airlines Cancellation:
The airline allows its customer to rebook tickets if needed. The rebooking policy of Brussels has its own set of rules and regulations under which you can do rebooking.
The new booking from August 2, 2021, onwards
- If your ticket is booked in the category of Business Saving and Economy Light, you can only modify your travel dates after paying the reduced change fee.
- For all other fares, you are eligible to modify your travel dates, departure spot, and arrival spot without paying any extra charges. But you have to pay the fare difference (your new ticket fare is higher than the older one or vice versa) if any.
The rebooking is also available for all the tickets booked until August 1, 2021. You don’t have to pay any extra cost to rebook if your ticket was on or before Aug 1, 2021. But you have to bear the fare difference if any.
Note: If your original ticket was booked on or before August 31, 2020. You are allowed to manage your rebooking only once. You should contact customer support up to Oct 31, 2021, to rebook your flight. You have to rebook again if your rebooked flight gets canceled.
1. IF YOUR FLIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
If your flight has been canceled, then you should contact the travel agent/airline support staff to change your flight.
Make sure, you must have your booking reference number and the travel date when you want to go (depending on the fare).
2. IF YOUR FLIGHT HAS NOT BEEN CANCELLED
- Ticket booked on or before August 1, 2021
- Original travel date on or before August 31, 2021: You are eligible to rebook your flight for new travel dates until July 31, 2022. If still, you haven’t decided on your travel dates, you are allowed to hold your ticket until Oct 31, 2021. You have to inform the airline at least 2 hours before the departure schedule.
- Original travel date on or after Sept 1, 2021: You are able to choose new travel dates, but your travel must be completed within 12 months from the date of the original ticket purchase.
- Ticket booked on or after August 2, 2021
You are able to choose new travel dates, but your travel must be completed within 12 months from the date of the original ticket purchase. You may have to pay the reduced applicable charges that depend on your travel fare. Make sure, your rebooking must be completed before your original date of departure.
Some more points
- If you want to change your travel dates, you may go with “My Booking” on the official website of the airline even if your ticket was booked by the travel agent.
- If you want to make a change in your ticket’s travel class, departure, or destination spot, then you can contact them through their customer service center. In case of booking with a travel agent, you have to contact them directly.
- If your destination becomes in the red zone and your flight is not canceled but you don’t want to travel. In that case, you have two options either you can rebook your ticket with new travel dates or you can cancel your airline ticket and apply for a refund. Similarly, suppose your flight is canceled due to your destination spot being in the red zone. In that case, the airline will inform you regarding the cancellation.