Are you trying to cancel your Cathay Pacific flight ticket? And also want to know about your rights regarding the cancellation and refund policy. You are on the right page.
Here we are working with Cathay Pacific Cancellation, which comes with a few tips and tricks you must know before proceeding with the cancellation. This might help you to save some money and find the best way to make any cancellation or changes in your flight reservation.
Get last-minute deals & discount for new booking & reservations. Also, get the best refund on airline cancellation. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
COVID-19 Cathay Pacific Cancellation:
Due to COVID-19 the airline offer number of measure in order to provide more flexibility to its customer like rebooking, cancellation, change, refund, and many more.
- If your ticket was booked on or before March 23, 2020, you are eligible to make a change in your arrival/departure airport, rebooking, and refunds without paying extra charges.
- If your ticket is booked bwtween March 09, 2020 and Dec 31, 2021, you are eligible to make unlimited changes for free of cost. After that, you are allowed to do one extra change for free. You have to bear the fare difference if any. You may have to pay the service charge for refunds, it will be depend on your ticket class.
- If your flight is cancelled due to COVID-19, the airline allows you to get a full refund.
*If you have booked your ticket through the airline, you can cancel your flight via Manage Booking & get a refund too.
*But if your ticket is booked through a travel agent or any other third party, then you should contact them directly for the cancellation and refund process.
Greater peace of mind: If your flight ticket is booked with Greater peace of mind, you are eligible to make unlimited changes without paying any additional charges. You are allowed to make unlimited changes up to Dec 31, 2021. After that period, you can make one change to your ticket for free.
Cathay Pacific 24-Hours Cancellation Policy:
The airline’s 24-hours cancellation policy says if your plan is changed after some time of the ticket booking and you do not want to complete your travel. Don’t worry, you have the option to cancel your ticket.
You can cancel your ticket within 24-hour of the booking purchased without paying any cancellation charges. Your reservation must be booked at least 7 days before the departure schedule. After cancellation, you will get a refund. The airline will refund your amount within seven (7) working days.
Make sure, your ticket should be booked through the official US website of the airline. You can cancel your booking by using the “Manage Booking” option.
If in case, you have booked your airline ticket through the travel agent, you should have to contact them directly in order to make a cancellation.
Cathay Pacific Flight Cancellation Policy:
Under the Cathay cancellation policy, the airline allows you to cancel your reservation and get a refund for your cancelled flight. You can cancel your ticket by using the “Manage Booking” option. You can use the “Manage Booking” option, only if your reservation is booked through the airline.
After cancellation, you are eligible to submit a refund request form, but your ticket must be booked seven (7) or more days before the departure schedule through the airline. You will get your refund within 7 wording days.
If you don’t want to travel, the airline gives you two options for your ticket either you can change your flight ticket in manage booking or you can easily apply for the exchange to Cathay Credit.
If your ticket is already refunded, then the waived cancellation policy will not apply to this.
If you have changed or reissued your flight ticket in the past and now you want to cancel your flight ticket without paying any ticket cancellation fee, then the airline will decide that whether your ticket comes under waived cancellation policy or not. It will be decided according to the date of ticket issue, Its revised travel duration, and the conditions of ticket fare at the time of cancellation.
How to cancel the Cathay Pacific flight ticket?
Doing cancellation is not a hard task. But before starting the cancellation process, you must know about the related policy.
Hopefully, now you know all about the Cathay Pacific cancellation policy. Let us discuss the steps that you need to follow to cancel your Cathay flight.
You just have to follow these simple steps given below and your ticket will be cancelled.
Steps for Cathay Pacific flight cancellation:
- Step 1:- First, you need to go to the official website of “Cathay Pacific” or “https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_US.html“
- Step 2:- On the home page of the airline, you will see the option “Manage“. Just tap on it.
- Step 3:- Under Manage, so many options are there. Select “Manage Booking” which is a sub-part of “Manage your trip“.
- Step 4:- On the page of manage booking, you will two blank forms. Fill the “Find a booking” form with your credentials such as “First & Last Name” and “Booking Reference“.
- Step 5:- Now you need to tap on the button “Find my booking“.
- Step 6:- There you will see all the details of your booking, you need to select your preferred option like cancel, change, rebooking, etc.
- Step 7:- Now proceed with the given command and your flight ticket will be canceled.
- Step 8:- After the completion of the cancellation process, the airline will send you an email at your registered email address regarding your ticket cancellation.
Hope these steps will help you to cancel your flight ticket online.
Cathay Pacific Rebooking Policy:
The airline offers the option of rebooking flight tickets to provide more convenience to its customer. You are allowed to make unlimited changes to your flight tickets up to Dec 31, 2021, without any change fees. After that, you are allowed to make one additional change without charges. But here are some rules that you may need to know:
- Ticket issued between Mar 9, 2020, and Dec 31, 2021
The airline provides flexibility to make unlimited changes in your reservation without paying any change fee.
|All destinations or origins||9 March 2020 to|
31 December 2021
|31 December 2021||31 December 2022|
Some terms and conditions apply:
- Your travel must be completed till Dec 31, 2022.
- Your ticket issue date should be exist between March 9, 2020 & Dec 31, 2021.
- This offer is only applicale for the Cathay Pacific tickets only.
- This offer is not applicable for Rememption tickets, group tickets and Cathay Pacific holidays packages.
- Your changes must be done before departure of the flight.
- Tax and Fare difference are payable by you.
- Standard cancellation will be applicable to all fares.
If Your ticket is booked through the airline directly, you can avail of this offer by using “Manage Booking”. Similarly, if you have booked your ticket through a travel agent or any other third party, then you have to contact them directly.
Cathay Pacific Refund Policy:
The airline will give you a refund as per your ticket fare. Before submitting a refund request, you have to check whether your flight ticket is refundable or not. If your ticket is refundable, the airline will process your refund after deducting the cancellation charges if any.
Your refund will be processed in:
- If your booking payment transaction was through credit card and payPal, then it take seven (7) working days.
- For other form of payment like bank transfer, cheque, cash, etc, it will take twenty (20) calendar days.
How much time it will take to show the actual amount in your account, totally depends on the individual bank. The above rules will not apply to special refunds.
If you have partially used tickets (in round trips & multi-segment trips) and you don’t want to travel anymore, the airline allows you to get a refund for your unused and partially used tickets. But your ticket must be booked through Cathay’s official website.
Note: If in any case, you have charged a cancellation fee after waived then do not have to worry they will refund you that cancellation fee. For that, you have to submit a request to get a refund of the cancellation fee online.
Still, you have any queries related to Cathay Pacific Airways, flights, or ticket booking or cancellation tips you must feel free to contact Treknova. We are always available to answer your problems and questions 24*7 at our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee their 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.