Are you trying to cancel your Indigo Airlines flight ticket? Also want to know about the process and rights related to the cancellation of the flight. Then you are in right place.
Do you think canceling tickets is always a mess? Maybe not. If you have the correct information and have the knowledge about the process correctly, then it makes the process so easy and hassle-free. Indigo airlines are best known for its best in segment service with the cheapest prices. It is an Asian (Indian) airline that allows customers to travel to major destinations across the world economically. Indigo airlines cover the Indian market with a share of 57% which makes it a major airline of the country.
For those persons who are canceling their flight tickets for the first time, it becomes a hectic process. But who do it usually, they are much aware of the policies of the airlines? This means knowledge plays an important role in this whole process. And here as we are a team to help you to make the process easy and smooth. Here are some best tips and tricks which will help you to save some extra bucks and time as well.
Indigo Airlines Cancellation Policy
Here is a brief detail of how you can cancel the flight without paying the extra penalty and also you can claim a complete refund.
- You can cancel your flight with no additional cost and in the 24 hours of the booking of the flight if the departure of the flight is after 7 days.
- If your flight is canceled by the airline itself then they will offer you the next scheduled flight. Now it is all up to you whether you want to travel with the changed flight or you want a refund.
- Sometimes when you are in between the layover then your next connecting flight may be canceled then the airline will compensate for your next partial journey. And you also have an option to get a refund as well.
- If your flight is delayed and your next connecting flight is missed then you also can ask the airlines for compensation. Otherwise, they have to rebook your next flight to your destination.
- You also can claim a refund if your flight is delayed by more than 2 hours and the airline have to compensate for your full ticket price.
- You also can claim a refund if your flight is preponed for a minimum of 1 hour from the scheduled departure.
24 Hours Cancellation Policy
You can cancel all your flight tickets within 24 hours of the booking of the tickets. And the scheduled departure should be at least after 7 days. Make sure that you book the ticket from the official website for a full refund. If you booked the ticket through an agent then you have to contact the agent directly for a complete refund.
After the cancellation of the ticket, you will get a refund in the next seven working days. And you will receive the amount on the same account from which you booked the ticket or made the payment.
How to Cancel the Flight Ticket
There are various ways to cancel a flight ticket such as Online or on the Telephone. There are a few things to note that you have to cancel your domestic flight ticket before at least hours of the scheduled departure and for the international flight you have to make the cancellation before 4 hours. And if you made the reservation from an agent and for the cancellation you have to contact the agent directly for the refund.
Steps to cancel the flight tickets:
Cancel Ticket Online: Here is the step by step process to cancel your flight ticket online from the official website of Indigo Airlines
- Visit the official Indigo website and click on the ‘Cancellation’ bar.
- Then click on the ‘Edit Booking’ bar.
- Redeem your refund by putting your.
- Enter your booking number.
- Last name/Email id.
- Click on the ‘Get Itinerary’ bar.
- Now select your booking which you want to cancel.
- Once if you cancel your booking then the refund will be flash on the same account within 7 working days.
Cancel ticket on Telephone:
- You have to call on the toll-free number of the Indigo Airlines Reservation Department if you want a refund of your flight ticket. The customer executive will help you to get resolved your problem.
- Once you are connected on a phone call with the executive then explain the issue and tell him you want to cancel your flight.
- Now the customer executive will give you the details about your ticket if it is refundable or not and more about the cancellation fees and taxes which will be deducted from your ticket price.
- The Executive will now ask for your details and will send you an email to the registered email address. Then you have to give him the confirmation code.
- For your agreement, the executive will ask you to cancel the flight ticket and will proceed with the cancellation process.
- Once the cancellation process is done then the amount will be debited into your account in under 7 working days.
- The amount will be refunded on the same account through which you made the payment to book the flight ticket.
That’s all in this article. In the case you need to contact their official contact, you can find their contact details here.