Sometimes you need to make some changes in your schedule or postpone the date on which you booked previously for the trip. Due to a lack of knowledge, you will get lose your money while making cancellations of your ticket. If you want to know how to cancel and what are the guidelines for the LATAM airlines cancellation and refunds then you are on the right page. Generally, they make very flexible rules and regulations for the ease of the passengers.
Some countries like the United States, New Zealand, Australia, Israel, Paraguay, and Tahiti have imposed restrictions on the passengers who have visited China, as we all are aware of Coronavirus outbreaks in this country that is China. The condition of China is worst, especially in the place of Wuhan where this virus originated. So, it is very necessary to take care of other countries by taking serious precautions. Without the covid test, no one will be allowed to enter the city or any country.
About LATAM Airlines:-
LATAM Airlines is an airline holding company, its headquarter is situated in Santiago. It is one of the largest airlines in Latin America. It was established in the year 2011 (21 September). It had 11 restrictions. In the year 2015, August, one announcement was made by LATAM airlines groups to fully rebrand as LATAM.
But there are some exceptional cases also below:-
Passengers who already booked their flights from china to above counties listed above have three options with them that are, https://treknova.com/travel-advice/company-contacts/latam-airlines/
- Change the date of Travel- Either you need to cancel the tickets or you can change the date of your travel by sending the request to LATAM Airways.
- Change the destination/ origin- Another good option is to change the Destination/origin where you were about to travel.
- Refund- the very last option which is left with you is to get a refund for your ticket.
How to make a LATAM Airlines flight cancellation
Anybody who wants to cancel their flight due to any reason has two options either they cancel online or offline by dialing a helpline number. Here we’ll discuss the procedure for canceling LATAM tickets.
How to cancel LATAM Airlines flight ticket online
- First of all, you have to open the official website of LATAM Airlines in the browser.
- After that, you have to log in with your credentials. If you don’t have any Id then sign-up for the registration. This will help to establish two-way communication.
- After login, you are on the homepage of LATAM where you will find the ‘My Trips’ tab with a dropdown arrow, click on that.
- Now you can see the two options ‘manage your trips and check-in’, so you need cancellation then click on manage your trips.
- Now you are on the manage trip page where you have to choose either entering the email id through which your bookings proceed or you can do it with ‘Enter with the trip details.
- The next step is to enter the reservation code and the passenger’s last name and then click on the search button.
- By doing all the above steps you are able to retrieve the ticket which holds all the details of your ticket check your ticket and continue.
- The next step is to choose the cancel or change. Choose your action and click on the continue button.
- Your action depends upon the ticket fare class you purchased while booking. Because all the tickets are not refundable. If you purchased higher or premium tickets then it may possible that you will get a full refund otherwise you will get it after the deduction of the cancellation fee.
- After doing the aforementioned steps you will get notified through the mail, which is confirmation mail regarding your cancellation.
How to cancel Latam Airlines flight ticket offline
A passenger who is not tech-savvy and not handy with the internet and all things then they have an option of making changes or cancellation via helpline number +1-866-435-9526. After dialing the number you can speak to the customer care executive who is skilled as well as soft-spoken and try to resolve your queries as well as make cancellation of your flight ticket. They may ask some questions regarding your ticket like your booking reference number and the passenger’s name with age, contact details, and address. These details are asking for cross-checking and verifying the passenger details to avoid scams.
LATAM Airlines 24-hour Cancellation Policy
If any passengers want to make a cancellation without paying any fee and also want to get full refunds then they have an option to cancel their ticket within 24 hours of booking. The 24-hour cancellation policy includes all the tickets whether it is refundable or non-refundable. Both types of tickets can get full refunds if you make a cancellation according to the 24-hour cancellation policy.
Apart from that, if you cancel your ticket after 24 hours of booking then you may have to pay a cancellation fee. Basically, it depends upon the different parameters that are your ticket fare class and the situations like if an airline cancels their flight voluntarily.
LATAM Airlines Refunds Policy
After requesting your cancellation, you must have to make a request for a refund. Only requesting a cancellation is not the guarantee for your refund, after approval of the cancellation. According to your ticket fare class, your refund will be approved. If your ticket is not fully refundable then you’ll get the partial amount after the deduction of the cancellation charges.
Customers have to claim on the official website where they have to fill out the refund form. After filling out the refund form your refund will be processed within seven working days in the original account which is the source of the payment while booking. But in case your payment is in cash then it may take time around 20 days in the account given by the customer while filling the refund form.
Some Guidelines for Travelers Who Book LATAM Airlines Flight Tickets
If you want to travel to the USA, you need to pay attention to these points-
- You should be a legal resident of the United States or an American citizen
- If you are a Non-US Citizen, but your spouse is an American citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- If you are a Non-US citizen, but your parents are legal residents of the United State or American citizens.
- If you are a Non-US citizen, but your Brother/ sister is a legal resident of the United State or an American Citizen.
- If you are under 21 years of age or are adopted or due to adoption by an American citizen or a legal resident of the United States.
- If you are a flight crew member.
- If you are a Non-US Citizen or not a legal resident of the United States or an American Citizen, who does not present a significant risk in the introduction or transmission of coronavirus.
If you meet any criteria of the above statement, you will be permitted to travel to the United States.
If you want to travel to Israel, you need to pay attention to these points-
- If you are a national or resident of Israel
- Passengers in transit in Israel that do not exceed 6 hours.
- If you are the passengers who were in transit in Macao, Singapore, Hongkong, or Thailand for connecting flights.
If you want to travel to Australia, you need to pay attention to these points-
- If you are a national or legal resident of Australia
- If you are the blood relation of an Australian citizen
If you want to travel to New Zealand, you need to pay attention to these points-
- Only If you are a national or resident of New Zealand
- Only If you are the blood relation of a New Zealand citizen or holder of residence of New Zealand.
If you want to travel to Paraguay, you need to pay attention to these points-
- If you visit the country of China, you will not be permitted to travel to Paraguay.