Lufthansa Airlines is one of the best airlines that provides a large range of air travel tickets. Starting from the low economy class to the luxurious business class. But sometimes you need to cancel your reservation due to some reasons.
We all know that due to the coronavirus airlines updating their all policies so many people are confused before canceling flight bookings. But now no need to worry, in this article we provide all updated or important information.
You have booked your ticket from Lufthansa Airline but due to some reasons, you want to cancel your reservation that’s why you are looking for a cancellation and refund policy. You are in right place here we will clear your all doubt regards your problem.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for a reservation instead and fall on the wrong page click here.
Get last-minute deals & discounts for new bookings & reservations. Also, get the best refund on airline cancellations. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
Guidelines For Cancel and Manage Your Booking
- Using your reservation code on the official website of Lufthansa Airlines you can get overall access to all information about your flights. You can make an advance seat reservation, rebook, cancel a flight, or request special meals.
- After you log in to your account, the page will show you an overview of all your booking. By this, you can even manage your booking quickly and very easily.
- You can also upgrade your bookings like receiving special access to all their advanced seat reservations according to customer status. You can even get several benefits from automatic check-in.
- The usage of online refunds has many benefits, you can cancel your reservation up to 24 hours before flight departure. Also, you can easily request a refund according to your purchased ticket, but it will depend on the type of ticket which is you purchased.
- After Cancellation your refund amount would be back in the original source of payments within 7 business days.
- Cancellation policies apply only if your ticket is made through the official website of Lufthansa Airlines. If you booked your ticket from other sources then you have to contact them directly.
- If you cancel your non-refundable ticket then only taxes and the surcharges would be refunded as the cancellation amount.
How to Cancel Your Ticket For Lufthansa Airlines
If you want to cancel your ticket due to any reason then you can cancel your flight itself on the official website of Lufthansa which gives much more flexibility to their passengers.
- Firstly open the official website of Lufthansa Airlines in the browser.
- Then log in with your credentials. In case, your ticket is booked by any travel agent or by the other travel website then contact their executive directly for cancellations and refunds.
- Then click on the My Bookings option.
- Now on the next page, you’ll be asked for your Surname and booking number(code).
- Now you can see your registration detail on your dashboard for cancel booking, click on the cancellation button.
- After your cancellation is accepted you will get a confirmation mail from Lufthansa Airlines that sends an automated affirmation mail or SMS via text.
- If your ticket has been canceled by the airline itself due to some reason, you are eligible to claim a full refund without any charge. You can request to get a refund by using this Refund form.
The airline provides all the notifications about flight delays, diversions, and cancellations to its customer in the form of messages. They also provide notifications regarding the onboarding of your flights through their website as well as through call centers within 30 minutes.
- You need to provide all the valid contact information. So They will contact you via email, SMS, or phone calls.
- If there is any possible delay of more than 2 hours before flight departure. Then Lufthansa’s policy says that Airlines provide you with another flight to your destination.
Cancel your Lufthansa Flight Ticket via the Helpline
If you are not tech-savvy then you have the option of canceling your booking or flight ticket through the helpline number. Sometimes it happens that you are not in the internet access area or didn’t get connect to the internet or maybe don’t know much about technical things then Lufthansa Airlines gives the option to make a cancellation via a call through 1 (800) 645-3880. If you can’t get connected then you can make a call to our +1-800-831-1547 where our expert executive will help you to resolve your queries.
After connecting via the helpline number, the customer care executive will ask for your details like your booking reference number, your name, and contact details for verification that you are the right person to cancel the ticket. After determining and getting satisfied they proceed with your cancellation. You can ask about the changes and the total refund amount.
Lufthansa Airlines 24 hours Cancellation Policy
- If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking then you are eligible to get a full refund if your ticket belongs to the non-refundable category.
- The only condition for a 24-hour cancellation policy is that your ticket’s date of departure should remain more than 7 days.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy would not be applicable on flights that are booked with airline rewards and miles.
- Lufthansa Airlines provides the power to cancel their flight before 24 hours of flight departure but the charges depend upon the ticket fare class.
- The refund amount also relies upon the ticket fare class that has been purchased.
- Lufthansa Airlines gives the power to cancel the flight online even for the flights that were booked through Lufthansa’s workplace or through the Lufthansa official site.
Flexible rebookings for all fares in Lufthansa
Airlines allow their customer for maximum flexibility. Now you can continue your journey plans where you want to go in the previous booking. This choice applies to current bookings and new bookings regardless of the departure airport.
Some more information about Booking
- Lufthansa Airlines also allows all passengers to hold a telephonic reservation that will be made directly by Lufthansa’s telephone reservation center.
- Lufthansa has separate online booking channels, these may include lufthansa.com. These Have a no penalty-based reservation service for up to 24 hours.
- But, If you book your flight with treknova.com we can provide you with some other exclusive offers according to your reservation.
What if Flights on your trip are canceled by the airline itself?
If your flight is canceled by the airline. There is some option for you:-
- General booking– Lufthansa Airline will rebook your flight itself with a few charges sometimes or arrange an alternative flight to the destination where you want to go in the previous booking but in the same travel class.
- If your ticket was booked between 01 February 2020 to 31 March 2020:- This ticket can be exchanged for a new journey but only once, including changes to your travel class, departure, or destination airport, New travel dates start latest by 31 December 2022. If you want to add new services it will be recalculated and a new fare will charge. To do so, please contact our Service Center or your travel agency by 15 January 2022 and have your ticket number ready.
- If your ticket was booked between 01 April 2020 and 31 August 2021:-Issued before or on 31st July. This ticket can be exchanged for a new travel booking but only once, including changes to your travel class, departure, or destination airport, New travel dates start latest by 31 December 2022. If you want to add new services it will be recalculated and a new fare will charge.
The refund policy of Lufthansa Airlines
Passengers who cancel their flight due to some emergency or another reason can claim under the regulation of Lufthansa Airlines or they can utilize their tickets for the next trip if they are eligible. Passengers can request for refund if they are applicable to claim a refund, no matter what is the flight status. You can either use the online process thru the website or you can contact Airlines Service Center.
Steps to Claim Refund
- Click on My bookings
- Enter your surname and booking code.
- Select your relevant booking.
- Now click on the “Cancellation” button.
- Confirm your selection on the next page that appeared on your screen.
- After all these steps you can fill out this form
What is the status of my refund?
Lufthansa Airlines staff trying its best for solving your problem but due to technical reasons, Airline can not provide an option for checking the status of a refund. But you can trust the airline they doing hard work to solve your problem. Thank you very much for your patience.
Extended rebooking & voucher options
Because of the exceptional circumstances caused by the spread of the coronavirus, we offer flexibility for your travel plans. Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation policy has everything got downright for you.
Most of the tickets can be rebooked on short, medium, and long-haul routes.
Nowadays Airlines face a high number of customer contacts at Lufthansa Service Centers due to waiting times being longer for customers. Airlines take all possible steps to decrease this problem and do their best for customer satisfaction. If you want to know the entry requirements at your destination you can click on the link.
Not only this if you are feeling any such query related to Lufthansa Airlines, flights, ticket booking or cancellation tips you must feel free to contact Treknova. We are always available to answer your problems and questions 24*7 at our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to them. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured is the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee its 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be made, please contact us.