Spirit Airlines is an American-based low-cost airline. Its flying schedule throughout the united states, Latin America, and the Caribbean. This airline is considered one of the best service providers to its customers. All the policies are very reliable and flexible whether related to its reservation, manage booking, or related to Spirit Airlines cancellation and refund policy.
Canceling or managing your pre-reserved flight ticket could be a hectic job in normal life. But now, in the COVID-19 situation knowing the cancellation and refund policy has become important for those who want to change or cancel their flight tickets. They provide a very easy cancellation and refund policy to travelers. As you don’t know when you would want to cancel your booking for a particular airline, that’s why Treknova is here to help you with the cancellation and refund policy of airlines.
Though there is no refund of canceled ticket value or credited which can be used in the future booking. But in some conditions, Spirit Airlines allows a refund to the cancellation of the reservation.
Isn’t it amazing? Get last-minute deals & discount for new booking & reservations. Also, get the best refund on airline cancellation. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Information due to COVID-19
Spirit Airline is really grateful to provide its services at this serious time of Coronavirus (COVID-19) also. Due to that COVID situation, most of the airlines got delayed and canceled their important flight operations. Also made a few required modifications in policies, so that the traveler will cope up with this pandemic.
As many of the customers will not be able to complete their travel, they want to know the changes of policies regarding cancellation and changing policy and want to get their refund. Spirit Airlines’ first priority and important to them is that you get the help you need during these unfortunate rapidly changing and pandemic times.
Spirit airlines face some flight delays and cancellations between 29 June 2021 & 08 August 2021. The passenger has many options who still need help related to canceled flights.
- They offer to rebook ticket in an alternate flight of the same destination when it possible. It can be directly with them or on the other flight, as available. If you don’t want that, you have another option to choose either you get a refund or you get reservation credit for future travel.
- If rebooking is not available for the same day, then they may provide you a hotel room to stay.
- In order to maintain the passenger’s safety, their health & welfare, they will provide convenience, such as transport, meal, etc.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy:
As they understand the traveler’s condition in a pandemic. That’s why they offer many options to change or cancel their flight easily. You can easily make a change or cancel the flight reservation without paying any extra charges but your flight departure schedule should be after 60 or more days.
Passengers can make changes to their reservation using any of the following methods:
- By visiting the official page of Spirit Airline & go to the “My Trips” section. Put your details over there & go with the steps to change or cancel your flight.
- Texting them at 48763.
- You can use 855-728-3555 on WhatsApp.
- You can make a call at 855-728-3555.
- You can directly be messaging them on their social media account.
- You can talk with the customer Service Agent at their local airport.
The passenger can make a change in reservation up to one hour before the flight departure schedule. If the passengers cancel their flight within 24-Hours of the original booking, they are eligible to get their full refund to original source of payment. But the flight would be departure after 7 or more days.
|Days for Departure schedule||Amount Charges|
|0-6 days from depart schedule||79$|
|7-14 days from depart schedule||59$|
|15-59 days from depart schedule||39$|
|60 or more days from depart schedule||No Charges (free)|
Note:- Keep it in your mind once the modification has taken place by the agent, you are going to be charged with a higher rate as it cost one airline time and resources.
Cancellation or Change for Free Spirit Reward Flight Ticket:
The passenger can make a change or cancel the reserved ticket with the payment of relatable charges. Also, the passenger will bear the difference of fare, if any.
- The changes can be done up to one hour before the departure schedule of the flight. The airline is allowed to change in destination, origin, flight, or class of service.
- If you want to cancel the reservation, it must be done before the first flight on your travel.
Not only this if you are feeling any such query related to Spirit Airlines reservation, flights, or ticket booking or cancellation tips you must feel free to contact Treknova. We are always available to answer your problems and questions 24*7 at our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547.
Steps of Cancel or Change Spirit Airlines Ticket:
Steps to cancel Spirit Airlines tickets are very easy to do, there are some steps which you have to follow to cancel or change your flight reservation:
- Step 1:- Firstly, you have to go to the official page of Spirit Airlines or https://www.spirit.com/
- Step 2:- Second, tap on “My Trips”. In the open section, you will see the two blank rows.
- Step 3:- Put your details in the blanked row, that contains “passenger’s Last Name” & “Confirmation Code”.
- Step 4:- Now, simply just tap “Continue”.
- Step 5:- You will see many options are presented there, such as Change or Cancel your flight, add bags, etc.
- Step 6:- Choose your most preferrd option of “Change or Cancel your flight” & continue.
- Step 7:- After all these steps are done, you will receive a confirmation mail regarding your changes.
Spirit Airlines Refund Policy
While making a spirit airlines cancellation we always look forward to the amount we will get as a refund. Don’t worry spirit has got your back.
If you cancel your flight reservation voluntarily, you will get your refund as per their applicable fare rules. You are not eligible to get a refund for the non-refundable reservation.
if your flight will be canceled due to uncontrollable factors such as COVID-19, travel restrictions by the government, etc then here some options are available for you:
- If your reservation ticket is fully unused, then you will get a full refund of your purchased reservation.
- If your reservation is proportionally used, then you are eligible to get a refund only for the unused portion of your purchased reservation.
- If your flight is canceled or delayed more than two hours by Spirit Airlines itself, then there are three options are available for you:
- Future travel credit
- Get your Refund
- You will get your refund in that form only, which you use at the time of reserve your flight.
- Spirit airline is able to give your refund to the original source of payment, but in case of using cash to purchase a flight ticket, you will receive a cheque of that amount.
If you reserve your flight ticket under the non-refundable category with a departure schedule of flight is 7 or more days and the reservation is canceled within 24-hours of booking, then you will eligible to get your money back as a refund.
Book Your Spirit Flight using Reservation Credit:
The passenger can use their reservation credit to pay the charges of fares, seats, taxes, vacation package, bags, & fees. You can redeem your reservation credits on the official site of Spirit Airlines. Right now the airlines application does not support booking through the reservation credits.
Follow these steps to redeem your reservation credits:
Step 1:- Take your reservation credit number with you, before start booking your flight. Your confirmation code of canceled flight is your reservation credit number. It is an alphanumeric code containing 6-digit. You can find that number in your flight cancellation mail.
Step 2:- Now you have to visit the official webpage of Spirit Airlines & proceed to rebook your flight. Put your details there and make sure that all your personal information exactly matches your canceled flight.
Step 3:- When you come on the payment page, you have to select “Redeem a Voucher or Credit”
Step 4:- Now, put your 6-digit alphanumeric confirmation code in the given blank space & tap on “Go”.
Step 5:- Put the amount of your reservation & tap on “Apply for Credit”. If you can use the amount as per your choice. It may be full or partial.
Step 6:- If you use all the reservation credit amounts, still you need to pay more. Then proceed to complete your payment.
Step 7:- After completing all of these steps, your flight will be booked and you will receive a confirmation mail of your new scheduled flight.
If there is a remaining balance in your Travel Credit. You are eligible to use it for your future travel.
- If you have credit for the flight canceled from March 2020 to July 27, 2021, then you can use it till December 31, 2021, for booking your flight.
- If you have 90-days reservation credits, that means it is only valid for 90 days. You can book the flight by using it within 90-days only.
Spirit Airlines Travel Advisories
Due to the COVID-19, the restriction on the airlines and traveling within countries keeps getting change. Therefore, Spirit Airlines is suggesting to go through consulting official government travel resources to get recent updates related to the countries of departure and arrival prior to your travel. While you may require to travel internationally, the airlines suggesting the passengers get enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee their 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.