Last Updated on April 20, 2021 by Editorial Team
Get good offers and deals on United Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy
United Airlines cancellation is not only about canceling the tickets but also refund for your expensive fare tickets. Obviously, no-one will like to just waste their money without using it. So the airline makes sure that you get back your ticket fare partially or fully which depends on the ticket type. United Airlines has one of the largest fleet size and has quite a complicated Route map as well
We will provide you with all the information regarding their cancellation policy and refund as well. You can try all of them and get beneficiary discounts and credits as well. But in case something goes wrong and you are unable to make cancellation or get any sort of refund. then, remember that we are here 24X7. call us on +1-800-831-1547 or simply contact us through our website treknova.com. Our call center executives will be happy to help you.
Keep reading to know more. But before that, why United Airlines?
United Airlines is one of the best American carriers spanning worldwide whether its small domestic destinations or large international cities and states with about a total of 797 fleets. United Airlines cancellation is as easy as United Airlines Reservations.
For most economy and premium class tickets traveling within the United States or between the United States and Mexico or the Caribbean, they are permanently waiving the change fee. No change fee will be charged for other international flights from the United States.
Fare Validity: This applies to all tickets, all UA fare, all destinations, all points of sale, and all salable travel dates, but the ticket number must start at 016.
Change / Cancellation: If the customer decides to change or cancel a flight booked between March 3, 2020, and March 31, 2020, he can keep the value of the ticket to be applied to the new ticket without paying the price for the change of premium fee within 24 months from the date of issuance of the original ticket.
If the customer decides to change or cancel the flight he booked between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, he can retain the ticket value that will be applied to the new ticket without paying the change fee, up to a maximum of 12 months from the date of the original ticket issue. Any changes or cancellations must occur prior to the travel date of the ticket.
Miscellaneous: Prices, fees, rules, and offers are subject to change without notice. Seats are capacity controlled and not available on all flights or all day. Seats are capacity adjustable and not available on all flights or all day. Except for the first 24 hours after purchase, some prices are non-refundable.
Tickets: For tickets issued from March 3, 2020, to March 31, 2020, passengers traveling within 24 months from the date of issuance of the original ticket can be changed without paying a change fee equal to or less than airline tickets. For tickets issued between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, customers will be allowed to change without paying for flight changes equal to or less than the travel value within 12 months of the date of issuance of the original ticket.
If the price of the new flight is higher, the customer can change it for free, but he must pay the price difference. If the price of the new flight is lower, the customer can make changes without paying the change fee, but no residual value will be created.
Change your United Airlines Flight Tickets
- On united.Com, select “My trips” and input your information
- Select “Change flight” and then “Edit” to make the subsequent changes:
- Date of journey or destination
- Add a flight
- Remove a flight
- Select “Continue” and select a brand new flight option
- Continue via reserving to affirm our new flight
United Airlines Cancellation
United Airlines cancellation policy has the ability to cancel or change over any reservation you have with the refund. In some conditions, you will get a full refund and in some cases, United Airlines will look over the variables and return your refund accordingly.
If you cancel a non-refundable ticket, you’ll receive a travel credit for the value of the unused portions of your ticket. Travel credits are valid for 24 months and are a great option for future bookings.
Below is the step by step process to be followed for United Airlines cancellation:
- Step 1: From the homepage of the official site, united.com. Go to the ‘My Trips’ section.
- Step 2: The pop-up page where you have to enter the requirement as a confirmation number and last name. Click the ‘Search’ option to retrieve your ticket information.
- Step 3: Then select the ‘Cancel’ icon and get your ticket to confirm for cancellation.
Note: The extra charge will show as waived, however any distinction in fare can also additionally apply.
In case you run into an unexpected situation with United Airlines. You are not happy with them, then you can make complaints to United airlines as well, here is how to complaint to United Airlines customer service.
United Airlines Cancellation of Award flight tickets
So making a United Airlines cancellation of air tickets for Award flight tickets has a separate set of rules. So when you click on the Cancel Flight option, you will get to another option saying that you will cancel your award ticket and can resubmit your miles and can use it again the future by booking new flight tickets.
If united Ailries fees wavier are coming in between your United Airlines cancellation of award tickets, then try to get information from the Important Notice site of United Airlines for very up to date information is redating the same.
* you are knowing, from the last few months, this COVID-19 has been the biggest disaster in the field of Air flyers. So customers who had already booked their ticket is coming making heavy traffic over the United airlines official site, united.com. So if you face any error over changing or canceling of United Airlines reservation, please do not get offended and try again and again. Or you can check out United Airlines Company Contacts. they will guide you with everything possible.
24-Hour Flexible Booking Policy
With this policy of United Airlines, customers are permitted to cancel or change their tickets booked within 24 hours and will also get a full refund without any extra fees.
Some of the measures are taken which are applicable for 24-Hour Flexible Booking Policy and are explain as under;
- If booked your tickets directly from United Airlines’ official site ‘united.com’ or from United City Ticket offices, or airport ticket counter or by calling to United Customer Contact Centre.
- A refund from the cancelled or changed ticket is credited in the original form of payment you used. But if the United gift certificate has been used for purchasing your ticket then you will be credited in form of electronic travel certificates only.
- Tickets booked and get its reservation within a time span of 24 hours.
- If the ticket is one of the group tickets, then you have to follow the terms given in the group contract.
- While purchasing a ticket if using any e-certificates, then you are not applicable in 24-Hour Flexible Booking Policy
- It Is not part of this policy If you cancel or try to change your ticket which has its reservation done but not yet purchased.
United Airlines Refund Policy
After you cancel or make a change in your reservation tickets of United Airlines flights. Now under United Airlines Refund policy, you will get a refund according to the instructions of the policy. Here below we will discuss in detail about united Airlines Refund policy.
- As you have read above about 24 hours flexible booking policy of United Airlines. So you will be eligible to cancel or changing anything in tickets if you have booked your tickets in the last 24 hours and even purchased them within 1 week or more before the day of departure of the flight you booked your tickets in.
- If you have booked your tickets in economic class, then you don’t have the ability to make any changes, but you can cancel it and will get a full refund of the canceled ticket. It has to remember that you have to cancel within 24 hours of the booking or 1 week or more days purchased from the day of the scheduled departing flight.
- Apart from credit card refund, any other refund from any other means. So United Airlines refund policy will take 20 business days from the day you requested for refund of your purchase.
- After you have cleared all the conditions to get a refund. You have to open ‘Manage Booking with United Airlines’ over United Airlines’ official site to cancel your desired booked flight tickets and get a refund accordingly.
- Though, as the country changes the rules and regulations of the United Airlines refund policy will change according to the billing address.
Know more rules specifically of France, Colombia, and Taiwan.
- Though your canceled ticket value can be reused when you will book new flight tickets with a United Airlines flight. These types of tickets are applicable approximately 1 year from the date you issued the tickets.
EXCEPTION: tickets purchase between 1 April 2020 to 31 August 2020 are applicable for reuse of the value of airfare for 24 months.
- If your purchase has a sure refund, in this case you can request a refund too. But cancellation fees may include purchase according to the fare.
- Most of the refundable fare purchases are not able to get voluntary refunds.
- You have to keep in mind that not every refund will be of the full amount, it will depend on many measures and conditions which United Airlines will examine and return your refund accordingly.
- As refunds are been send back to you the way you purchased it, i.e return will come in the form of the original form of payment.
- Any refund which will be returning as a form credit card will take at least 7 business days to get a united Airlines refund from the day you requested for it.
For more detail, you must contact United Airlines Customer care. Click Here to know the contact details.
United Airlines Updated Covid Policy
Passengers will have to do the covid test before boarding the plane with United Airlines, do online check-in for saving your time in So they have different covid testing hubs for those who hadn’t made the covid test priorly, so they will test you out for covid before letting you in the flight onboard.
From abroad to the U.S.
So, the travelers that are going to board their plane from outside the United States can easily arrange an appointment through United Airlines for a local COVID-19 test through TrustAssure. TrustAssure is a healthcare provider network that will ensure that all the customers are given options for COVID-19 RT-PCR tests that satisfy with the entry requirements of United Airlines for the U.S., including the required testing timeframe.
- After completing the test all the eligible customers will be given a piece of detailed information regarding the program via email. This information will be given at least 14 days prior to their trip. Be sure that you have updated contact info on file with United.
- Customers can also use this tool to start searching for testing providers near you.
- Pricing may vary by testing provider.
After 10 days if only after all symptoms have improved and you have had no fever in the previous 24 hours without the help of fever-reducing medications, you will have to do the test again, and if it turns out negative then only you will be allowed o travel in United Airlines. Once that is the case, they will re-book you with no change fees.
Now in case, your test result for COVID-19 turns out to be positive, the airline will restrict you from flying at that period of time and will also contact your local healthcare provider, to inform them about your situation. Following CDC guidelines, you will not be allowed to travel on United for at least 10 days, from the day you test out positive.
If You Don’t receive the test results at the time of your trip –
So basically all the customers that are going to travel in United Airlines and if you have ordered your COVID-19 test through United itself then you will have to make the order at least 75 hours prior to the time of flight. Because, they will require at least 72 hours for the shipment to you, then shipping back to ADL, and then doing the lab processing for your test. Customers must also mail their tests 72-48 hours prior to departure of their flight to ensure results are returned to them in time for their flight.
They are waiving off all the change fees for everyone
For tickets issued on March 3 through March 31, 2020, all the customers are permitted to change their flights without paying any sort of change fee. Remember that if you are changing to a flight of equal fare then you will have to pay nothing but if you areboking a flight that is higher then the previous flight ticket, you will have to pay that extra amount. In case you cancel the flight and want to rebook for another trip you can do so as well. But remember that this trip should be done within the 24 months of previous trip or cancellation date.
For tickets issued between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, customers will be permitted to change without paying a change fee to a flight of equal or lesser value for travel up to 12 months from the original ticket issue date.
If the customer decides to change or cancel the flight they booked between March 3, 2020, and March 31, 2020, they can retain the value of the ticket to be applied to a new ticket without a change fee for travel up to 24 months from the original ticket issue date. If the customer decides to change or cancel the flight they booked between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, they can retain the value of the ticket to be applied to a new ticket without a change fee for travel up to 12 months from the original ticket issue date. Any changes or cancellations must occur prior to ticketed travel date.
If the new flight is priced higher, the customer may change for no change fee but must pay the fare difference. If the new flight is priced lower, the customer may change without paying a change fee but no residual value will be given.