Well, if you are first time flying on an air-plane and you are not aware of anything about flights, airports, behaviours and any rules and regulations.
Some people even feel afraid and suffer from anxieties problem in the plane when they are the first time flyer.
Then you are on the right page where you will get to know some guidelines to make your travel convenient from arrival to the airport, boarding to flight to leave the airport for the first time flyers.
Steps for the first time flyer
These are some steps that every first-time flyer flying on a flight should follow to avoid any trouble or to have a smooth travel journey on the plane.
1. Book your tickets
- The very first step to getting your plane journey start is that you must have flight tickets.
- Getting a ticket is not easy as you are first time flying with the plane. You will come across many agents offering cheap flight tickets.
- So you have to compare each one of them according to your time and routes you want to travel through, to get the tickets of profitable price.
2. Pack your bags light
- While you are packing your bags, just make it sure it should be light in weight so that your first time flying will have great fun without any trouble hampering due to your luggage.
- Before heading to fly, just check how many check-in bags does your airlines permit free and how much amount is charged for an extra bag or for overweighted luggage. As every airline have their own policies.
- Every airline has fixed estimated height, width and weight of the checked baggage, carry-on bags. So pick your luggage bag according to that.
- Moreover, tip to make your bag light is not to pack useless items, list up the need one which will be required in your trip to whatever destination you are going.
3. Keep your documents ready
- Before going to the airport make your list of the document ready which may be required at the gate of the airport.
- Some of the most common document papers you have to carry with you are any id proof, your updated passport.
- If you are military personnel or relative, then take military ID with you for US military flights.
- And most important document apart from identification IDs is the flight ticket. If you have an e-ticket then don’t get worried, confirmed mail send by the airlines will have all the documents you have to saw in the entrance.
- At last, you must take your travel insurance if you have as you are first time flying on aircraft. And should always carry an alternative emergency number which will be used in any disasteral case with you.
4. Check on the itinerary
- Before getting out for your airport on the flight date, keep an eye on the itinerary of your flight.
- Destination of one flight can be reached from many routes, some flights are even having break flights, thus before booking any flight, you must check its itinerary.
5. Check-in online
- So to avoid the long queue for the boarding pass, and yet not getting the favourite seat of your choice.
- Then check-in online and create your pass along with allotting you preferred seat whether its window or aisle seat in flight.
6. Arrive early at the airport
- Being a first-time flyer, you will obviously try not to skip anything for flight. Moreover, you will be conscious of each small stuff.
- So arriving early at the airport is the most common factor, as obviously you will not want to miss any part of the experience from the entry gate of the airport to the departure of the airport.
- Avoid the usually jammed roads.
- Leave the house early by keeping traffic in mind.
- Before really sit on the flight you have to cross many processes, which will take a little bit of time. So for this, you need to reach timely.
- Just co-operate with the security check.
Other tips for first time flying
- Get yourself seated and fasten your seat belt and listen to the cabin crew’s instructions properly.
- Don’t get panic at the time the plane is leaving land.
- Be hydrated when you are on the flight.
- Get yourself check by your doctor for any extreme anxiety problem before leaving for your trip by plane as the first-time flyer.
- Get yourself in comfortable clothes when you are about to board.