All the passengers need a change in the plans frequently which is unavoidable due to many reasons. It may vary from person to person, some have an emergency, and some due to their professional’s reasons. But no matter what it is, the main thing is to make changes and if you talk about flight rescheduling then Austrian Airlines flight change policy is created for the comfortability of the customers.
Austrian airlines provide excellent service not only on the flight but their pre-journey service is also promising and convenient. They provide a Helpline number +1-800-831-1547 for the customers to speak directly to the executives and try to resolve their queries. You can make your reservation and cancellation at their helpline number without surfing their websites.
If you suppose to reschedule your flight then you are on the right page you have to go through this page to the end.
Key Guidelines: Austrian Airlines Rebooking Policy
Traveling with a free mind is always making your trip hassle-free. If you make changes at the end moment then the set of flexible policies will help you to stay out of the complications to save your pocket with the extra burden. Stay along with this blog and keep the policies in your mind at the time of rebooking.
- If passengers want to make changes without paying any extra cost then the 24-hour changes policy will ensure your changes are free of cost if you make changes within the 24 hours of booking. But, your ticket must be purchased seven days before the departure.
- If the cost of the new ticket is higher than the old ticket in which you want to make changes then the difference in the fare charges will have to pay by the customers.
- If the new rebooking ticket is lower than the old ticket then the amount will transfer in form of a voucher which is used in the future for the 12 months.
- Rebooking is allowed till 2 hours before the flight departure and if possible then make a request written by mail.
- Rebooking charges will be free of cost for infants who are under 2 years but for adults and children, there will be a charge of 30 euros per person.
- This airline offers a holiday package for the summer seasons 2022 and the winter season 2022-23 in these Austrian holiday flights they provide free changes, only the fare difference will charge.
- If you want to cancel your rebooking then this time airline will not allow the refunds the whole money will be forfeit.
- Passengers are only allowed to make changes in date and time and the class of the seat only.
- If you want to make changes in destinations then you have to contact the airline customer support department before the departure of the scheduled flight. Online changes in destinations are not allowed.
- Fully flexible tickets are allowed for changes up to 3 hours of the departure of the original flight and another ticket up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
I Need a Correction In Name
Everyone makes a mistake in a hurry while typing their names so for this type of error Austrian gives flexibility to the customers to make some changes to the name.
- According to the name change policy changes only can be made through emails or in a written form (firstname.lastname@example.org)before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Transferable of the ticket is not allowed for any customers this act will be a punishable offense.
- And the charges for the name change is the same for the infant who is under 2 year and the adult which is EUR 30.00 per passenger.
What If I want a Same-Day Flight Change
In an emergency, the passenger is about to make changes in the same-day flight either it may be before the scheduled flight or after the scheduled flight. Austrian Airlines allows the passengers to make same-day changes.
The only thing you should keep in mind is that you have to request at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure of the original flight in which you want to make a change.
You have to pay some charges as a service fee for making a same-day change which is applicable as per the ticket fare.
What Cost I Have to Pay for Flight Change
Whenever passengers want to make changes in flight they would get stressed about the heavy fee which may be an extra burden on the customers but Austrian airlines will give you the flexibility with their change policy to an exempt change fee.
- If you bought a refundable ticket then you may change your ticket free of cost. Your ticket eligibility for rebooking will show at the time of change on the website. Rebook button will appear at that time.
- All the tickets which are non-refundable tickets are being charged EURO 30. Per person and the difference in the fare.
- Passengers are allowed to make changes through the helpline numbers but you may pay for this service which is a nominal amount of around 10 to 20 Euro.
- If you missed a chance of rebooking within the risk-free time (within 24hr of booking) then you have to pay some fee as per fare rules.
- All the tickets excluding Economy light and European business saver are allowed to rebook without a fee.
So generally, Austrian changing charges are as low as compared to the other airlines. You can modify and manage your bookings with ease.
Steps & Procedure: How to Make Changes In flights
Austrian Airlines provides convenient methods to make changes in flight. You can make changes directly through the website and if you are not comfortable surfing the website and not handy with the technologies then you can make a call on their helpline and spark directly to the executives and ask for changes.
Flight Change via online
Any passengers can make changes at the website of Austrian airlines by the given following steps if your ticket permits this change.
- First thing you have to open the official website of Austrian Airlines and enter your registered login password.
- After login, you can see the “Manage Booking” tab on the home page just tap on it.
- After that, you have to enter your last name and the booking reference id of the ticket in which you want to make a change.
- This step retrieves your ticket and you can see the alternatives which are suitable to your wish. If you convince at the selected date you have to go for the next button for payments.
- You have to pay for the changes which are shown with the fare including the changes fee if applicable.
- After the successful transaction, you’ll get the confirmation mail on your registered mail.
Note*- The system of the airline will automatically fetch the details of your ticket according to the fare rule. However, rebook button only shows if your ticket fare allows this otherwise rebook button doesn’t appear.
Flight Change via Helpline
Some passengers are not interested in surfing the websites or maybe they get stuck in a situation where no internet is available. Then this situation can be handled by the Helpline Number+1-800-831-1547 where customer support officers are available for your queries.
- If you make a call and want to make a flight change then some questions may be put up by the executives to cross-check your details and after being convinced of your valid reasons they proceed further.
- They fetch all the alternative changes which permit by your ticket and make you informed about the availability of the seats and price and the charges which you have to pay while rebooking.
- If you wish to rebook on the available dates then you have to pay for the ticket by your card and get a confirmation mail regarding your rebooking on your registered mail id.
Austrian Airlines is the flag carrier of Austria which is headquartered at the Vienna international airport in Schwechat. It operates its flight carrier in more than 50 countries. They make their reputation in the airline industry with their extreme world-class service providing for the customers with their flexible policies.
Moreover, this is a subsidiary of the Lufthansa group which is already a brand in the world market. So, they maintain their reputation by making flexible policies for customers either by making changes in name, seat, date, and time or cancellations and refunds.
So, you can make a fly with a stressed-free mind and without the burden of rescheduling fuss.