To know more about Austrian Airlines check-in, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Austrian Airlines is a popular flag carrier of Austria which flew to 6 domestic and over 120 international destinations including 55 seasonal destinations in 2016. The Airlines is a subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group and is successfully established the headquartered on the grounds of Vienna International Airport in Schwechat where it maintains and manages its hub.
Austrian Airlines is also well-known for providing greater flexibility to complete and carry out the check-in process for flights in various ways. Here we have mentioned different ways that are used by Austrian Airlines to conduct the check-in process.
Suggestions to read;
- Austrian Airlines Official Site & Customer Service Details
- Austrian Airlines Manage Booking
- Austrian Flight Change Policy
- Austrian Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Austrian Airlines Baggage Policy
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Here we will be providing information related to online check-in, security, boarding pass tips, the best way to check in for a flight – whether you’re traveling interstate or international. For any kind of query & support, you can always talk to our customer service team +1-800-831-1547.
Austrian Airlines check-in & boarding pass process
The check-in service allows passengers to complete their Austrian Airlines booking pre-flight formalities online. Earlier, It was noticed on a daily basis, that travelers had to wait in long and time-taking queues for their turn at the check-in counter. And of course, to prevent such time-taking situations, the airline eases the check-in processes for their customers with varieties of check-in options which we discuss it as under:
Austrian Airlines Check-In options
- Web/online check-in
- Kiosks check-in
- Counter check-in
Austrian Airlines Web Check-in
Online or Austrian Web Check-In seems quite a fast and convenient option for checking-In. If you don’t like to stand in the long waiting queue then using the Austrian Airlines web check-in option is for you definitely. You can complete your web check-in process from your home/office. Going to the Austrian Airlines homepage austrian.com and tab on web check-in and proceed with check-in while entering the required information.
The Austrian web check-in starts 47 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the flights or for the majority of Austrian Airlines destinations. Also, passengers are given an opportunity to check the availability and closing time of Austrian web check-in services for flights.
Step by Step Guidelines for Check-In Online and getting Boarding Pass
- The very first step is to open the official website of Austrian Airlines in the browser and log in with a registered Id password.
- This step navigates to you on the home page of Austrian Airlines, you can see the check-in tab on the left side of the screen you just have to click on it.
- The next step is to enter the details which are asked in the field where you have to enter the Booking code, First name, and Last name of the passenger and click on the Next button.
- After clicking on the Next button you will be able to retrieve the ticket details for which you are going to check-in.
- Then the next step is to pay for your baggage if any and choose your seat from the seat map. If you want to upgrade your seat then you can upgrade from here. But keep in mind that you have to pay the difference while upgrading.
- After a successful transaction, you can access your boarding pass save it to your mobile phone, and then print your hard copy of your boarding pass. Another way to get the boarding pass is, you can also collect your boarding pass from a self-service Kiosk or check-in counter.
If you are traveling with a bag and baggage then Web or Online Check-In allows you to go directly to your gate with your boarding pass to get the flight. If you would like to check-in luggage then you can simply go to a luggage drop-off counter with your boarding pass. And the drop-off counters.
Extra Services offered by Austrian Airlines check-in online/web
With the Austrian web check-in option, you can get the following Austrian lucrative services to adapt your travel experience to your personal requirements.
- Upgrading to premium economy or business class
- Austrian Airlines check-in through the web/Online offers you extra legroom seats to the passengers.
- Austrian airlines check-in through the web allows accessing lounges
Web Check-In Austrian App is also available and caters you to easy and convenient check-in services for any mobile device you have.
Austrian Airlines check-in services by self-service kiosks
Avoid unnecessary waiting and standing in a long queue just use an Austrian check-in service called kiosks self-service check-in machine. Get your check-in done and carry your boarding pass. All you need is your 6-character booking reference number or any form of identification documents such as a credit/debit card or passport.
The kiosks check-in provides flexibility with rebookings and waitlists. And it allows you to choose adjacent seats for up to 3 passengers traveling together. If you are traveling with hand Baggage only and after receiving or getting your boarding passes at the Austrian check-in kiosk then you can go straight through security.
Restriction for kiosks check-in
- Traveling with a group of more than 10 passengers.
- The child who is traveling alone.
Austrian Airlines Check-in Counters
A specially marked check-in area will ensure a quick and easy check-in process for Business Class guests. After collecting the boarding pass from a check-in kiosk, the Economy Class guests can use the designated ‘baggage drop-off’ counter. The ground workers will be happy to assist passengers anyway.
Baggage check-in machine at Austrian Airlines check-in counter
The baggage check-in machine is provided for passengers to prevent them from standing in long waiting-hours queues in front of the check-in desks. Austrian Priority Check-in Zone is also offered to HON members, senators, and star alliance gold cardholders at Vienna airport.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee for their 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.
What to do if the web or the online check-in option is not working for me?
Then you have to check the data which you have entered there might be a high chance of submitting incorrect information in the fields. Just fill out all the valid information and try again.
Could I check-in my entire family at once?
Absolutely yes, if any member of your family is not displayed in the web check-in and also you can add a new passenger or your family member using the “Add Passengers” function or button.
Can I Check-In online with my infant baby?
Unfortunately, online-upgrades for travelers who are flying with infants are currently not available at Austrian web check-in.
How long before my scheduled flight I can check-in?
Well, you can complete your check-in process in 47 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.
For which Austrian flight I can use web check-in?
By visiting the Austrian office website you can check which of the mentioned flights are available for web or Online check-in.
Passengers, who have a requirement of wheelchair can they check-in online?
Web check-in is possible in that case although boarding pass can only be received at the check-in desks airlines’staff members.
How can I insert a compound name?
Just write your compound name without spaces and hyphens.