To know more about Avianca Airlines check-in, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Avianca is one of the world’s oldest airlines also known to be the second-largest in Latin America. This air carried is set up in 1919, completed its 100 years last December 2019. It even holds the honor of the largest airline in Colombia, whose headquarters is in Bogotá, Colombia.
Suggestions to read; Avianca Airlines Official Site & Customer Service Details
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Here we will be providing information related to online check-in, security, boarding pass tips, and the best way to check-in for a flight – whether you’re traveling interstate or international. For any kind of query & support, you can always talk to our customer service team +1-800-831-1547.
Avianca Airlines Check-in & Boarding Pass Process
The check-in service allows passengers to complete their Avianca Airlines booking pre-flight formalities online. Earlier, It was noticed on a daily basis, that travelers had to wait in long and time-taking queues for their turn at the check-in counter. And of course, to prevent such time-taking situations, the airline eases the check-in processes for their customers with varieties of check-in options which we discuss as under:
Avianca Airlines Check-In options
For passengers’ comfort and convenience, Avianca provides various Check-in options before or after you arrive at the airport:-
- Avianca Airlines Check-in Web
- Avianca Airlines Check-in Mobile
- Avianca Airlines Check-in self-checking Kiosks
Avianca Airlines check-in web
Avianca Airlines Web Check-in or Online Check-in can be accessed by every Avianca flight 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of a flight. But when your itinerary contains more than 2 connections between the origin and the destination, codeshare routes with other airlines, then Avianca Airlines web check-in options will not be available.
Steps for web check-in online
- Firstly go to the official website of Avianca Airlines and log in to your registered account. If you don’t have a registered id then you can do it without a login id.
- This step helps to move on the home page of Avianca Airlines, you can see the online check-in tab in the middle of the screen you just have to click on it.
- If you are going to fly in the next 24 hours then you are allowed to move on to the next step you have to enter the reservation code and the last name with the flight’s departure date.
- The next step is to tap on the continue button.
- After that the details of your ticket will retrieve on your screen then the next step is to pay for your baggage and choose your seat from the seat map.
- The last step is to access your boarding pass and save it to your mobile phone device or then print your hard copy of your boarding pass. Another way to get the boarding pass is, you can also collect your boarding pass from a self-service Kiosk or check-in counter.
Passengers can easily log on to the Avianca Airlines’s website and receive their boarding pass 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.
Guideline for web check-in
- Take and carry your reservation code or e-ticket number or Frequent Flyer number with you at this time for identification purposes.
- Choose your desired flight you would like to check-in for
- Choose your passengers whom you are going to fly with to check-in.
- Passengers must have to Upgrade their Frequent Flyer number.
- Opt and change seats for selected passengers. The seat map for other airlines is not available or forbidden to use. And the seats will be confirmed while checking-in.
- Submit the valid details and information asked by immigration authorities.
- Then you are all free to print and download the boarding pass or also can send a copy of it to your Email ID.
Nevertheless, if you find any difficulty with the boarding pass, then you can use another check-in option called self-service kiosk check-in to print your boarding passes. Also, you can arrive at a check-in counter in order to make a request for a boarding pass.
Avianca Airlines Check-in Mobile
Another quite comfortable option to check-in which surely saves you from standing and waiting in the long lines. Mobile Check-in is all open for all flights of Avianca Airlines. But given airlines is not able for mobile check-in option by Avianca Airlines:
Domestic flights in Brazil and flights from Liberia, New York – Newark Liberty International Airport, Brasilia, Sao Paulo, Flores, and Monterrey.
After mobile checking-in, the boarding pass can directly be shown on the passenger’s mobile devices, and require no printing at all as you can easily show it to the Airport’s staff members for confirmation of the check-in and flight.
Once you reach the airport and still you are facing problems with your mobile boarding passes as it may not be loaded or opened on your phone, then, in this case, you can print your boarding passes at a self-service kiosk machine or go to an Avianca counter to request one.
Avianca Airlines Self-Check-in Kiosks
You can go straight to the self-service kiosks check-in machine when you arrive at the airport, where you can receive your printed boarding pass in a very short time after completing the check-in process successfully. And print your boarding pass by scanning the code if you have already obtained your boarding pass from another e-Check-In process. On both your return and a connecting flight, you can use the self-service kiosk given the flight is within the next 16 hours.
Passengers Who Are Departuring From Following Places Are Eligible For Self-service kiosks check-in Option:
- El Salvador, Peru, Uruguay, Argentina, Canada, Chile, and the UK.
- Cucuta, Dallas, Guayaquil, Manizales, Armenia, Barranquilla, Bogota, Bucaramanga, Cali, Cartagena, Chicago, Pereira, Rio de Janeiro, San Francisco, Medellin, Miami, New York, Orlando,Valledupar, Washington, Sao Paulo.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights on it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee its 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.