To know more about British Airways check-in, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
British Airways is a London-based airline which specializes in catering effortless and convenient flying services to the customers. British Airways always takes care of passengers’ traveling experience and makes sure the better and enhanced flying services should be offered to them than usual.
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Here we will be providing information related to online check-in, security, boarding pass tips, the best way to check-in for a flight – whether you’re traveling interstate or international. For any kind of query & support, you can always talk to our customer service team +1-800-831-1547.
British Airways check-in & boarding pass process
The check-in service allows passengers to complete their British Airways booking pre-flight formalities online. Earlier, It was noticed on a daily basis, that travelers had to wait in long and time-taking queues for their turn at the check-in counter. And of course, to prevent such time-taking situations, the airline ease the check-in processes for their customers with varieties of check-in options which we discuss as under:
British Airways Check-In options
In order to serve more advanced check-in services with greater flexibility, British Airways recently introduced various options for passengers to check-in with great ease. And it is quite necessary to check in before you get ready for boarding. Besides airport check-in services, there are other different check-in services also available which can be accessed and used digitally by passengers. To assist you in carrying out your check-in process with fast and better speed, British Airways comes up with a few check-in options
- British Airways Online Check-in
- British Airways Mobile Check-in
- British Airways Kiosk Check-in
- British Airways Desk Check-in
British Airways online check-in
British Airways’ online or web check-in facilitates passengers to complete their check-in procedure step by step with the comfort of their home. Generally, the online check-in procedure can be completed from 24 to 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight. However, hours to do the online check-in can be different from the airport you are departing.
- In London airports, the online check-in service is generally closed at different times.
- And if we talk about the Heathrow and Gatwick, it is usually out of service just 40-45 minutes before the scheduled departure takes place.
- The online check-in service can be accessed up to 20 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure at London City Airport.
The Online Check-in option by British Airways offers functionality to add up to 9 more passengers on the same booking. In order to initiate the British Airways online check-in process, you will be required to mention your British Airways booking reference number.
More importantly, at certain airports, you can be asked to mention your Advance Passenger Information for further processing and for some security issues.
Other facilities of British Airways’ online check-in
- Free of cost:- Submitting the details about bags or you will have to inform the airport how many bags you are taking with you for flying.
- Here you can also choose and change your flight/seat as per your needs and requirements. And surely no fees will be charged for this option.
After you are done with your online Check-in process by following all the terms and conditions associated with it, you are given numerous ways to access and obtain your boarding pass before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- The first way is you can take a printout of your boarding passes after completing online check-in using the British Airways app or website. Here you can also fax the boarding pass.
- Once you fulfill all the required details for the online check-in process, you will be redirected to an option called “Save or email” your boarding pass.
- Also, you can get your boarding Passes in PDF format on the mobile phone or PC you are using for check-in.
- The quite comfortable way to obtain the boarding pass is the self-service Kiosk machine or you can collect your boarding passes from the airport you are departing from.
British Airways mobile check-in
With British Airways mobile check-in service help you with check-in of flight before the scheduled departure of your flight takes place. In order to avail of the British Airways mobile check-in service, all you have to do is just log on to ba2go.com in your browser. And fill out all the required and asked details about your booking or reservation.
The mobile check-in service by British Airways is quite responsive and compatible with the mobile devices you use for check-in. And irrespective of which OS is installed on your mobile phone or you are an Android user or iPhone user, you are entirely able to use the mobile check-in option.
Options for British Airways mobile check-In
- British Airways’ mobile check-in option lets you easily choose your preferred seat on the flight.
- Managing booking is another function you are offered in the mobile check-in service.
- Passengers can easily include more than one other passenger.
- You can already check in for your return flight after complying with return flight terms and conditions.
- Once the British Airways mobile check-in is finished, then you are allowed to save and access your mobile boarding pass. The mobile boarding pass can be accessed or viewed anytime you desire to see it.
- The mobile check-in option also allows you to send your boarding pass to your email ID so that you would be able to print your boarding pass later.
- Another option is also given to get the boarding pass is “send your boarding pass to the fax machine”.
- By using your e-ticket number you can easily log on to online Check-in in your browser in order your print your boarding pass.
- And you can easily collect your boarding pass from the self-service kiosk check-in machine or from check-in desks at the airport.
Passengers who are traveling with a group of people including your family members on the same reservation or booking then they can download multiple boarding passes on one mobile phone.
British Airways Kiosk Check-in
For passengers who could not use online or web check-in services for some other reasons, then another check-in option by British Airways is waiting for them. And that check-in option is called a self-service kiosk check-in machine which lets passengers check in by just entering some required details such as reservation reference numbers, details about your credit and debit cards, information about your passport, or flight number, and details about your club card number.
Passengers are flying with British Airways, come under the age of 18 years, and traveling alone then they will not be able to use British Airways self-service kiosk check-in. Despite you being under 18, just make sure you fly with a family member who is above 18 years.
If your itinerary includes that the first flight is operated by other airlines, and passengers who are flying for codeshare flights then the Kiosk Check-in service will not be accessed by you.
British Airways desk or airport counter check-in
Passengers who fail to meet the online or mobile check-in service eligibility then, in this case, use airport check-in counters service. The airport check-in service is available at the airport you are departing from. Here airport customer service staff help you in check-in for a flight with British Airways.
If the passengers are under 18 years old, and traveling with their pets or animals, or passengers who are flying need special assistance in terms of a wheelchair or any sort of medical help can easily check in at check-in desks at the airports.
Passengers who are flying for international flights make sure they have their visa and passport documents for security purposes.
Deadlines for British Airways check-in at the airport
When it comes to check-in deadlines for British Airways then the deadlines to complete the check-in process can be different as per the airport you are departing from. And when passengers could not manage to check-in before the end of the deadlines then you may face cancellation of your reservation and booking of your flight.
Once passengers complete their check-in process on time then they would easily be able to go through the security checkpoints and reach the boarding gate as soon as possible. It will always be better for you to do your check-in process 1-hour before the scheduled departure for a flight.
Closing time of airport counter check-In
For flights that are departing from London City, the check-in service will be closed 15-20 minutes prior to the flight departure. Passengers who fly with short-haul flights yo compete for your check-in process as the airport check-in counters will be closed at least 40-45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure takes place.
Make sure you do not exceed the time limit above 60 minutes if you are departing from the following places or airports.
- Passengers who are flying from the UK and European airports must check-in at least 45 minutes before the departure. As the check-in services at the airport will be closed after the deadlines of 45 minutes.
- Passengers who are flying from Stansted airport check-in must be done at least 40-45 minutes before a flight is going to depart.
- If you are departing from the Heathrow airport the check-in services will be closed 45 minutes prior to the flight departure
- Passengers who are traveling from the Paris Orly (British and Iberia flights) must complete their check-in process at least 40-45 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- And if you are departing from the London Gatwick airport then the check-in deadlines will 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.
When passengers are departing from the following airports then they will be given 60 minutes to check-in before the scheduled departure.
- Milan (Linate and Malpensa), and Palma)
Passengers who are flying with long-haul flights at London Heathrow and other international airports. The check-in services will be closed 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time of a flight. (exception: 90 minutes at Jeddah).
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee their 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.