To know more about Emirates Airlines check-in, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Emirates is an air carrier known to be one of the largest airlines in the Middle East. The Dubai-based airline is set up in 1985, with headquarters in Garhoud, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. With a 270 fleet size, they have set its main hub in Dubai International Airport, from where almost 159 destinations of the world had been covered by this airline.
Suggestions to read;
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Here we will be providing information related to online check-in, security, boarding pass tips, the best way to check in for a flight – whether you’re traveling interstate or international. For any kind of query & support, you can always talk to our customer service team +1-800-831-1547.
Emirates Airlines check-in & boarding pass process
The check-in service allows passengers to complete their Emirates Airlines booking pre-flight formalities online. Earlier, It was noticed on a daily basis, that travelers had to wait in long and time-taking queues for their turn at the check-in counter. And of course, to prevent such time-taking situations, the airline eases the check-in processes for their customers with varieties of check-in options which we discuss as under:
Emirates Airlines Check-In options
Besides airport check-in facilities, there are other different check-in options available by Emirates Airlines. With all your comfort and full satisfaction, you can easily check in for your desired flight by using any of the check-in options of Emirates Airlines.
- Emirates Airlines Online Check-in
- Emirates Airlines Self-Service Check-in (Dubai only)
- Emirates Airlines Home Check-in (Dubai only)
- Emirates Airlines Check-in at the airport
Emirates Airlines online check-in
Steps to check-in online and get a boarding pass
- First of all, you have to open the official website of Emirates Airlines and log in with your registered Id and password.
- After login, you redirect to the homepage of the Emirates where you can see the ‘Manage’ tab you have to just tap on it.
- Now in the Manage tab, you have all the options for changing and cancellation as well as check-in online. You have to click on the check-in online option.
- The next step is to fill out the field of the booking reference number and the last name of the passengers then you have to click on the retrieve button.
- Now all the details of the ticket will retrieve on your screen. After that, you have to pay for your baggage if any through your debit or credit cards and select your seat through the seat map.
- After a successful transaction, you are able to get access to your Boarding Pass you can save it on your mobile or print it. If you forget to take a print then don’t get stressed you have an option to print at the airport through a kiosk machine.
Emirates Web check-in allows you to check-in for all your desired destinations which come under the Emirates network. Here you can check-in online and get your boarding passes on your mobile devices. With Emirates Airlines’ web check-in service, you also are allowed to print your boarding pass or can choose the option of getting sent to your mobile phone.
Passengers who are holding their electronic ticket can use Emirates Airlines Online Check-in service between 48 hours and 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for a flight. But if you are an Unaccompanied Minors you can no longer use Emirates Airlines’ online check-in option and you will have to check-in only at the airport check-in counters.
Emirates Online Check-in service also facilitates you to choose the passengers whom you want to check in with you. But it can be done for only up to 9 passengers who are traveling together on the same booking.
If your destination country requires you to submit advanced passenger information, you will surely have to submit the Advanced Passenger Information at the time you are check-in process. In Emirates’ online check-in service you also have the right to change the seat selection and add any missing Skywards numbers.
Once your Emirates online check-in process is completed successfully, you will be able to access your boarding passes.
Check-in time limit
- For online check-in, you have to check-in 48 hr ahead of the flight scheduled till 4hrs before the departure.
- For airport check-in, you are allowed to check-in between 3 to 6 hours before the flight schedule.
Emirates Airlines self-service check-in (Dubai only)
At Dubai International Airport, a number of self-check-in kiosks are available at Emirates Terminal 3, and easily allow the passengers to check-in and obtain a boarding pass without standing and waiting in the long queue at the airport check-in counter. Passengers who are traveling with their baggage then they can deposit their bags at the Bag Drop-off Counter.
Emirates Airlines Home Check-in (Dubai only)
With Emirates Airlines’ home Check-in service passengers are allowed to check-in and print their boarding pass at the airport counters. It allows people to make the request up to 12 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for the flight. Emirates check-in agent assists passengers anywhere in Dubai (home, hotel, or office) between 48 and 12 hours prior to the scheduled departure time to complete the check-in formalities. Emirates Airlines Home Check-in service also charges a fee of AED 250 for 7 pieces of luggage and AED 25 per additional piece of baggage you are carrying with you.
Emirates Airlines check-In at the airport
Emirates Airlines airport check-in starts 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for a flight. Therefore passengers are requested to go to the check-in counter at least 80-90 minutes prior to their scheduled departure time for a flight.
Once you are done with airport check-in so make sure you go to the boarding 30-45 minutes prior to your scheduled flight departs as boarding gates are closed 20 minutes before your flight departure. If you fail to reach on time then, Emirates Airlines will be entitled to cancel your reservation for travel.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights on it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee for their 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.