To know more about Ethiopian Airlines check-in, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Ethiopian Airlines is a flag carrier Ethiopia which is quite popular for flying to both national and international destinations. Ethiopia Airlines began offering its first flying services for domestic flights on 8 April 1946 and international services 1951. The airline gained a lot of popularity after being associated with the International Air Transport Association since 1959 and also a Star Alliance member since 2011.
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Here we will be providing information related to online check-in, security, boarding pass tips, the best way to check-in for a flight – whether you’re traveling interstate or international. For any kind of query & support, you can always talk to our customer service team +1-800-831-1547.
Ethiopian Airlines check-in & boarding pass process
Ethiopian Airlines leaves no stone unturned to make its customers always satisfied and happy with the services, as it offers them several check-in options that can be implemented and done before deadlines with great making any haste.
Not only passengers are offered various check-in options but also they are guided on how and when they can do the check-in process without violating any rules or guidelines.
Ethiopian Airlines Check-In options
- Ethiopian Online Check-in
- Ethiopian Check-in at the airport counters – at a self-service kiosk or check-in counter
Ethiopian Airlines Check-in Online
Web or Online check-in for Ethiopian flight is one of the quickest and easiest options from the rest of other check-in options which are initiated and done at the airport check-in counters. The web check-in option can be processed via the Internet. But the passengers must take care of the deadline and they must check-in 36 hours prior to the scheduled departure for all eligible flights.
With the Ethiopian web, check-in service passengers can easily do the check-in process with a computer. and a printer at home they can easily be able to get and obtain their boarding pass without standing in long queues at the airport.
You can log on to the airline’s website to initiate the check-in activity where you will be to choose and decide your seat preference and confirm flight departure and arrival times. And the one thing that will be needed for you is a previously acquired e-ticket, and you have to fly your destination with Ethiopian Airlines.
Restrictions for Ethiopian Airlines online check-in service
Online or Web check-in will not be used or accessed by passengers who are traveling or departing from the following airports.
- Gabon (LBV)
- Kenya (MBA)
- Republic of Congo (BZV, PNR)
- Democratic Republic of Congo (FBM, FIH)
- Mali (BKO)
- Ndola (NLA)
- Niamey (NIM)
- Chad (NDJ)
Passengers who have a requirement of any sort of special assistance such as hearing loss, wheelchair, traveling with pets, are prohibited from online check-in.
Steps for Ethiopian Airlines check-in online
- First of all, just log on to Ethiopian’s website in your browser and choose and click the check-in tab.
- You will be rendered to the check-in tab where you will be asked to submit some required information but make sure you have your city name and frequent flying number for it. After that press on to the next step.
- Choose your destination for which you are checking-in and click to proceed for seat selection.
- After seal selection, you will be asked for baggage check-in where you will be guided all the terms and conditions which are followed for your luggage. The Guidelines will also tell you what you should and should not take in luggage.
- Read all the terms and conditions carefully related to luggage and make sure you do not take any forbidden items with you.
- You can proceed further by entering your luggage information
- Taking print out of your board passes and make sure you have 2 printed copies of boarding passes as these will be needed at the airport for further processing and enquires.
Passengers need to make sure that they must be available at the airport or at the counter or office 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for a flight.
Ethiopian Airlines check-in counter/ self-service kiosk
Ethiopian self-service check-in kiosks are available for all the destinations served by the airlines. With the simple and easy steps, passengers can do the kiosk check-in on their own by just filing the required and asked details or information. After complying with all the guidelines and instructions, passengers can easily get their boarding passes.
For passenger convenience, check-in desks open 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for a flight and closed 60 minutes before the flight’s departure. When you get to the security gates or checkpoints you will be asked to show your passport and ticket to the agent at the airport.
All the check-in counters at the airport are opened 2-3 hours prior to the scheduled time for flight departure and shut down 1 hour before flight departure. Passengers are requested to arrive at the airport as soon as they can, to do check-in and security-checking process on time before your flight departs.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights on it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee for their 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.