Before getting to know more about Frontier Airlines check-in, we started with a briefing about the airline itself. Frontier Airlines is suitable for family travel and hand travel. This is why we all like Frontier Airlines. In the previous article, we discussed many major airlines. Today in this series, we will introduce another luxury airline service. They can provide you with luxurious services, from generous legroom to luxurious food. It is one of the cheapest air tickets among all airlines flying from the United States. Here’s how to book cheap flights through Frontier Airlines.
Grab the best deals and benefits with us here, If you are still unable to make check-in then call us at +1-800-831-1547, our call center executives will be happy to help you or you can contact us at treknova.com for further getting the services.
Frontier Airlines check-in & boarding pass process
The check-in service allows passengers to complete their Frontier Airlines booking pre-flight formalities online. Earlier, It was noticed on a daily basis, that travelers had to wait in long and time-taking queues for their turn at the check-in counter. And of course, to prevent such time-taking situations, the airline eases the check-in processes for their customers with varieties of check-in options which we discuss under.
Frontier Airlines Check-In options
Frontier Airlines Check-in Online & Mobile Check-in
Passengers who are going to travel with Frontier Airlines flights can easily be able to access Frontier Airlines Online or Mobile Check-in service from 24 hours up to 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight. Here passengers are requested to keep all the timings and deadlines in their knowledge if they are going to fly to their desired destination by using Frontier Airlines online or web check-in option. Read us at Frontier Airlines Flight Review & Guide (Things To Know) to get a little more informed about frontier airlines.
How to check-in online
- Firstly go to the official website of the Frontier Airlines.
- Login with your registered id and password.
- On the home page of Frontier airlines, you can see the check-in tab in the middle of the screen at the menubar you just have to click on it.
- Nextstep, you have to fill out the details, like entering your last name, and the confirmation number you got when you booked your itinerary.
- After entering the details you have an option to pay for your baggage and choose your seat and then print your hard copy of your boarding pass.
Frontier Airlines Self-Service check-in or Kiosk Check-in
Passengers who do not consider online or web check-in suitable or passengers who are not eligible for Frontier Airlines online check-in then they still have a great and convenient option to check-in for their flight “self-service Kiosk Check-in”.
Frontier Airlines Kiosk Check-in can be accessed through various airports where passengers can easily check-in by entering and scanning all the required details in kiosks such as viewing itinerary, checking-in, baggage check-in, and printing boarding pass.
In order to start Frontier kiosk check-in, then you will have to enter your six-letter reservation code sent by Frontier Airlines, scan your confirmation, or swipe your ID, passport, or credit card.
Frontier Airlines Service Counter Check-in
Ticket counters are available inside each airport terminal for passengers requiring check-in assistance. Representatives from Frontier Airlines Customer Service will assist you with any checked baggage, answer any questions you may have, and provide a valid boarding pass.
Key Guidelines: Online Check-in of Frontier Airlines
- Once you have completed all the required online check-in formalities, then you will be freely able or allowed to take a printout of your boarding pass or you also can get a Mobile Boarding Pass. In case you are unable to print your boarding pass then Online Check-in can help save time at the airport.
- If you are traveling with baggage so you do not need to luggage check-in, then make sure you have your printed boarding pass and photo I.D( for security purposes) and when you arrive at the airport and you will have to go straight to security.
- If you are carrying your luggage to check-in then Frontier Airlines Online or Mobile Check-in allows you to pay baggage fees in advance or you can call “pre-pay”. And after arriving at the airport, you can follow the “Bag Drop” areas to designated Airlines available at all airports served by Frontier Airlines to drop off your baggage to check-in.
- If you are traveling with your oversized and excess baggage you will have to pay the fees for it at the airport. Also, if you would like to check-in an item that is exempted from baggage fees then the fee for the exempted item will be waived only at the airport.
Time for check-in (During Arrival)
Remember that the check-in timings are quite fixed for each and every airline, it depends on several factors including Airline itself, and the country you are traveling in. Although we would recommend you arrive at least 2 hours prior to departure to ensure you are checked-in and at the gate by the cutoff times. For frontier airlines one needs to keep in mind the following:
- You must have your printed boarding pass in hand and have any bags checked by 45 minutes before the actual departure timing for the domestic flights. and,
- You must have your printed boarding pass in hand and have any bags checked by 60 minutes before the actual departure timing for the domestic flights.
- Also 15 minutes prior to the take-off time you must reach the plane door. Failing to which you might miss your flight, In such a case you must know what happens if you miss your flight with frontier airlines.
Booking Seats with Frontier Airlines
It is recommended that you must book your seat while going through your check-in process exclusively. Because, If you do not select a seat now, you will be randomly assigned a seat from the remaining selection at check-in.
They’ll try to keep your party together, but the only way to ensure that you’ll sit together is to select seats at the time of booking. Now let’s see why booking seats with frontier Airlines is so exclusive and efficient and why you must always select your seat of preference beforehand:
- You will get your seat at the best available price, with no issues no hard-handed money nothing, an Easy amount for catch-up
- you can get the seat of your very own preference, you can make your own selection for the seat. you can select any of the seats ranging from Aisle, window, or even the middle seat.
- Other than all this you can even keep your entire party together by booking the seat during the check-in time itself, or else you have to be satisfied with whatever left in the end.
- Because if you don’t select the seat then someone else will take the opportunity, Selection of seats is done n the basis of availability.
- You can also select from the variety of seating selections according to the need of passenger and availability. Such as: if someone needs a seat near to the restroom because of some medical issues.
Frontier Airlines Boarding Tips
If you fail to reach the departure gate and you are not still ready to board then your Frontier Airlines reservation will be canceled for sure and your seat will be allocated to someone else. Therefore, make sure you arrive at the departure gate and get yourself ready for boarding at least 20-30 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the flight. If things don’t work out fine you always have the option of doing Frontier Airlines manage booking to get rid of foul situations during travel.
In advance, Frontier Airlines suggests you arrive at the gate as early as possible as boarding usually begins 30 to 35 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for your flight. Passengers are suggested to keep themselves updated by checking the flight monitors available at the airport as there may be chances of changing your gate assignments and departure times due to operational requirements.
Suggested arriving time at the airport for Frontier Airlines flight
- 1-2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for United States domestic flights
- 2-3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for international flights to and from the United States
Minimum check-in time For Passengers With carry-on baggage
- 30-45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for US domestic flights
- 50-60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for international flights to/from the United States
Minimum check-in time Limits For Passengers with checked baggage
- 40-45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for US domestic flights
- 50-60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for international flights to/from the United States
Passengers who fail in obeying and following airport check-in time limit frontier Airlines then the frontier Airlines are entitled to cancel the reservation and pre-assigned seat of any passenger. Here is how to cancel a frontier airlines flight. Therefore, passengers are requested to arrive at the airport at least 1-2 hours before the scheduled departure so you will have sufficient time to complete all necessary requirements.
Reach Your Gate Beforehand
We recommend all the passengers to be at the gate well ahead of their flight. We will usually begin boarding about 30 to 35 minutes before departure time, so it’s important to be at the gate and ready to board at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure. If you are not at the gate by this time, your reservation may be canceled and you may lose your seats on the plane, Keep an eye on Frontier Airlines Cancellation policy.
Frontier Airlines uses three pre-boarding groups, Special Services, Zone 1 Priority Boarding, and Courtesy Boarding before they board the majority of their passengers through General Boarding. General Boarding contains one or more groups going from the rear to the front of the plane.
Frontier Airlines Plane Boarding priority list:
- Passengers with Special Needs – Includes unaccompanied minors, anyone needing a wheelchair, and other boarding assistances. For discretion, no announcement will be made for special needs boarding. Therefore, if you know you require assistance with boarding, please check-in with their agent when you arrive at the gate so that they know you need to board first.
- Zone 1— Offered to those who purchased a carry-on bag or purchased one of their bundles, the WORK or the PERK, and Elite-level members of their FRONTIER Miles frequent flyer program.
- Courtesy Boarding — Courtesy Boarding on Frontier Airlines takes place right before General Boarding. It is available to families traveling with small children (under 3 years of age) and any other passengers requiring additional time or assistance with boarding.
Zones 2, 3, and 4 — Called in order, these zones move progressively from the back of the aircraft forward.
To know more you can directly contact the Airline itself. Contact Frontier Airlines Customer Support Team and company contacts.
Also, check out Frontier Airlines terms and conditions beforehand for a smooth experience.