To know more about Hong Kong Airlines check-in, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Hong Kong Airlines found in 2006 which is based in Hong Kong. The headquarters in the Tung Chung district and its main hub located at Hong Kong International Airport. Hong Kong Airlines flies to over 30 destinations both domestic and international. The airline covers destinations in North America and Asia.
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Here we will be providing information related to online check-in, security, boarding pass tips, the best way to check-in for a flight – whether you’re traveling interstate or international. For any kind of query & support, you can always talk to our customer service team +1-800-831-1547.
Hong Kong Airlines check-in & boarding pass process
The check-in service allows passengers to complete their Hong Kong Airlines booking pre-flight formalities online. Earlier, It was noticed on a daily basis, that travelers had to wait in long and time-taking queues for their turn at the check-in counter. And of course, to prevent such time-taking situations, the airline ease the check-in processes for their customers with varieties of check-in options which we discuss as under:
Hong Kong Airlines Check-In options
- Hong Kong Airlines check-in Online (Web check-in)
- Hong Kong Airlines check-in Mobile
- Hong Kong Airlines check-in Self-service kiosk at the airport
- Hong Airlines Ticket check-in counter at the airport
Hong Kong Airlines check-in online (web check-in)
Passengers can easily check-in for their Hong Kong Airlines flight online starting from 48 hours up to 2 hours before your scheduled flight.
Restriction for online check-in
- If you are going to fly with Hong Kong Airlines and require any special kind of assistance such as a wheelchair or medical assistance.
- Passengers who are Unaccompanied minors can not use the online check-in service of Hong Kong Airlines. And it is better for them to use airport check-in counters for check-in for a flight.
- Passengers who are flying with infants and family passengers are not able to use online or web check-in services.
- If you are traveling in a group of more than 10 passengers
- Passengers who are flying with I class or E class on their ticket are forbidden to use online check-in.
After completing online check-in procedure passengers can also use mobile boarding pass at Hong Kong (HKG) and Taipei (TPE) airports. And also you can take a print out of boarding pass from a self-check-in kiosk or request one from a Hong Kong Airlines ticket counter before your departure. Another main thing that you need to know is that Hong Kong Airlines’ online or web check-in service does not allow you to check-in your baggage and guides you to check your bags at a designated online check-in counter at the airport. However, you can select or change your seat online.
Hong Kong Airlines check-in Mobile
Checking-in for your Hong Kong Airlines flight with your mobile device can be done from 48 hours up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of a flight. In mobile check-in, you can get your boarding passes for further processing.
Restriction for mobile check-in
- If you need any special assistance or help like if you need to have a wheelchair or medical assistance(if you suffer any health-related issues).
- If you are an Unaccompanied minor then you are not eligible to use Hong Kong Airlines mobile check-in service.
- If you are traveling with infants and family passengers
- If you are traveling with a group of members
- If you are traveling with I class or E class on their ticket
- Others specified by Hong Kong Airlines will not be eligible for online check-in by Hong Kong Airlines.
once you complete your Hong Kong Airlines mobile check-in procedure then you become eligible to receive a mobile boarding pass at Hong Kong (HKG) and Taipei (TPE) airports. Also, you can take a print out of boarding pass from a self-check-in kiosk machine or also can request one from a Hong Kong Airlines ticket counter before your departure.
Hong Kong Airlines check-in self-service kiosk
Here you can check-in for your Hong Kong Airlines flight at the airport self-service kiosk machine by entering the required details about your reservation and booking and receive a printed boarding pass from it.
Hong Kong Airlines check-in ticket counter
Passengers who can not use Hong Kong Airlines web or online check-in option for some reason then they check-in for their Hong Kong Airlines flight with ticket counter at the airport from 40 minutes to 2.5 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of a flight and can receive a printed boarding pass.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights on it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee for their 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.