Hello Lufthansa Passengers! YES, here you will get complete information about the Lufthansa Flight Check-in. Basically, we will see how to check-in by using a mobile phone, laptop, or tablet. And especially for which flights you can use this online check-in.
Nowadays, travelers prefer online or web check-in by using their mobile phones. Now we will see how and what we can use for check-in.
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Here we will be providing information related to online check-in, security, boarding pass tips, and the best way to check-in for a flight – whether you’re traveling interstate or international. For any kind of query & support, you can always talk to our customer service team +1-800-831-1547.
To know more click here https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/online-check-in
Brief Introduction to Lufthansa Airlines
Lufthansa is commonly known as Deutsche Lufthansa. It is the largest German airline combined with its subsidiaries. Lufthansa is one of the five founding members of Star Alliance, the largest airline alliance in the world. Lufthansa registered office and its headquarters are situated in Cologne. The operational office is also known as Lufthansa Aviation Centre.
Key Guidelines and Benefits of Lufthansa Flight Check-In Online
All the following check-in options are available on the Lufthansa flight are as follows:
- Mobile boarding pass – Mobile boarding pass is a kind of digital pass available to the passengers at the time of check-in. It is a soft copy of the pass. But it is better to print out the boarding pass before check-in as it contains all the details like passenger name, flight timing, and seat number
- You don’t have to stand in a queue waiting for your turn. So it helps you to skip the long and crowdy queue. Basically, it is worthful for the working people who don’t have enough, they can easily get checked-in themselves from their place only. Or we can say that it helps you to save your precious time.
- You will get all the information about your flight at your fingertips, you don’t need to worry about the timing as you will be updated by the Aviation team via SMS.
- You can choose your seat before you are at the airport. As per your comfort, you can choose your seat. While you using your mobile phone for check-in, there you will find an option of seat map, click there and then you have the full map of seats, select as per your comfort level.
- Online check-in also helps you to maintain the social distance rules. You must need focus on the rules to keep yourself healthy and have a safe journey.
- It also lowers the cost of baggage check-in, as you are already done with it.
- Check-in machines- Check-in machines are machines made for self-services. Through this, passengers can easily check-in without wasting their time in a queue.
- Late-night check-in – It is a special kind of check-in available only for the flights which are operated by the Lufthansa flights or Lufthansa partners.
- Automated check in- In automated check-in passengers receive an SMS from the aviation team about the departure timing and other details of flights.
How to check-in online and get a boarding pass
- First of all, you have to open the official website of the Lufthansa. You have to log in with the registered id.
- This step helps you to navigate to the homepage of the Lufthansa where you can see the check-in tab on the left side of the screen.
- After that, you have to fill out the mandatory fields of Booking code, First name and the Last name. This step will help you to retrieve the details regarding your ticket.
- Then the next step is to pay for your baggage and choose your seat. You can pay online through your debit/credit card.
- Access your boarding pass and save it to your mobile phone device or print your hard copy of your boarding pass. Another way to get the boarding pass is, you can also collect your boarding pass from a self-service Kiosk or check-in counter at the airport.
- Go to the dedicated “Drop-off” counters or desks for luggage check-in at the airports. If you are traveling without luggage then you can easily proceed to your gate.
Lufthansa Online Check-In is Available for the followings:-
- Lufthansa Worldwide
- LOT for departures from Frankfurt and Munich
- Australian airlines between Germany and Austria
- SAS for departure from Frankfurt and Munich
- EW flights from BGI, BKK, WDH, MRU
- Croatia Airlines for departure from Germany
- In Case you want to cancel your flight, click here for more.
Boarding pass Available online for Lufthansa Passengers, all you need to do is:
- After checked-in, you can choose your boarding pass from your mobile only if you have done online check-in.
- There is an option that is Quick boarding by using your mobile phone, you can save your boarding pass as well as your valuable time.
Baggage check-in without assistance, Kiosk check-in ( Self-service)
- Firstly scan the barcode of your boarding pass on the scanner. If you are using your mobile boarding pass, make sure that the backlight of your mobile is on.
- Read the information which is coming on the screen on the machine and after checking all the details, please click ‘Check-in Baggage’.
- Now place your first bag on the conveyor belt
- Bag tags will print out automatically
- Attach the tag to your all baggage
- Confirm the removal of all your baggage
- One receipt will come out for the confirmation of your baggage checked-in
- Please retain the receipt until or unless you reach your destination place.
How Late-Night Check-In Works?
Basically, Lufthansa Flight Check-In also has late-night Check-in is only possible, for all the flights which are operated by Lufthansa or any regional partners. Check-in your bags at the airport at the check-in counter and choose your seat. Lastly, take your boarding passes, and the next day you can proceed to your flight at the relevant departure gate on time. Late-night check-in is only available in some the places like the USA, Canada, and Mexico, and is possible for direct flight connections.
Late-night tour groups check-in is only possible if there is any tour guide. Tour guides should have any identity card or identity proof with him/her for verifications. Also, there should be an official photo of that particular person present on the card.
Late-night check-in for the small groups is only possible through one member of the group. That one member of the family should carry all the ID cards of the members with an official photo on it for the verification process.
Due to Covid 19, passengers need to take serious measures to keep their self healthy and safe. It is advisable for all to do frequent cleaning of their hand with alcohol-based sanitizer to prevent themselves from this harmful virus. The face mask is very important will traveling by air, as there is so huge number of people traveling together on the flight. Make sure to keep your eye on your safety as well as others too. While entrance in the airport put your mask on your face and get to Sanitize your baggage. Though, Online check helps the passengers to maintain social distance.
Notice:- It is mandatory for each and everyone traveling by air must carry their Covid tested report. The report must be 48 hours before the departure timing of your flight.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights on it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee for their 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.