To know more about Norwegian Airlines check-in, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Norwegian Airlines is Norway’s low-cost flag carrier and is considered the largest airline in entire Norway. Airlines is quite capable of providing 40 nonstop flying services or routes from the U.S. to London, Paris, Scandinavia, and the Caribbean. And also carried and flew more than 3o million passengers in 2018 to over 150 destinations from all over the world.
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Here we will be providing information related to online check-in, security, boarding pass tips, and the best way to check-in for a flight – whether you’re traveling interstate or international. For any kind of query & support, you can always talk to our customer service team +1-800-831-1547.
Norwegian Airlines check-in & boarding pass process
The check-in service allows passengers to complete their Norwegian Airlines booking preflight formalities online. Earlier, It was noticed on a daily basis, that travelers had to wait in long and time-taking queues for their turn at the check-in counter. And of course, to prevent such time-taking situations, the airline eases the check-in processes for their customers with varieties of check-in options which we discuss as under:
Norwegian Airlines Check-In options
- Norwegian Online Or Web check-in & Mobile
- Norwegian Self-service kiosk check-in at the airport
- Norwegian Ticket counter check-in at the airport
Here Norwegian offers you the opportunity to complete your check-in process online for various Norwegian Air International flights 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight or flight.
In case you don’t find Norwegian Web or Online check-In or it is not available for you within 24 hours before your departure then you must have to complete your check-in process at the Norwegian check-in airport.
Three Ways To Check-In Online
- Assistant app
- My Travel
Norwegian Airlines check-in through SMS
- If you provide your mobile number to Norwegian Air International at the time you make a booking for a flight, then they will send you an SMS ticket just two hours before your scheduled departure.
- Then you have to follow the link in the SMS which was provided by Norwegian Check-in and by pressing the ‘check-in’ button or option you will see your digital boarding pass displayed on your smartphone screen or device.
- After completing the Norwegian check-In, you will be required to scan the barcode on your digital boarding pass at security screening and boarding.
Norwegian Airlines check-in through the travel Assistant App
Norwegian Mobile Check-In options allow you to use your mobile device to do the check-In process for your Norwegian Air flight within 24 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight. Afterward, you will receive a mobile boarding pass on your mobile device.
Norwegian Mobile Check-In also allows you to check-in your bag and baggage. Here you can check-in your bags after dropping them at the airport baggage drop-off area prior to the check-in deadlines for your Norwegian flights.
- Norwegian’s Travel Assistant app allows you to press the check-in button in to complete the Norwegian online or web check-in process and then the travel app will show your boarding pass on your smartphone or tablet screens.
- After completing the check-in process then you will have to scan the barcode on your digital boarding pass at security screening and boarding.
Norwegian Airlines check-in online through “my travel“
- Firstly go to the official website of Norwegian Airlines.
- In order to log into your booking, you can use My Travels and conduct Norwegian check-in by following the prompts.
- The next step is to enter your booking reference number and your last name. Booking reference number you got when you booked your itinerary.
- After entering the details you have to pay for your baggage and choose your seat and check-in online is completed.
- Then download and print your hard copy of your boarding pass.
- With the help of using your tablet or smartphone device, you can scan your digital boarding pass at security and boarding.
If you prefer to use a paper boarding pass then you can scan your barcode at the Norwegian airport check-in kiosks machine and take print one out of your boarding pass, or you also can visit the Norwegian Air International check-in counter.
If you have checked in online then you can drop your baggage at the Norwegian Air International luggage drop-off area or place after arrival. And print your bag tags at the Norwegian airport check-in kiosks machine or you also can visit the check-in counter for further help or assistance.
Note:- Please make sure your luggage arrives at the Norwegian Air International airport before you meet the deadlines.
Norwegian self-service kiosk check-in
At selected airports, you can book the flight for your Norwegian Air International flight through the Norwegian self-service kiosk check-in. And you also will be required to enter your booking information and print your boarding pass.
Make sure you meet the deadlines depending on whether your flight is domestic or international. When you require special assistance, use the Unaccompanied Minor Service from Norway, fly with pets, musical instruments, or firearms and ensure that you check in at least one hour before departure.
Norwegian Ticket counter check-in at the airport
For Norwegian Ticket counter check-in, you can go to the ticket counter to have or obtain a printed boarding pass and also can check in your baggage and holding luggage.
Norwegian Ticket counter check-in, at most airports, opens about 2 to 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight and closes approximately 40 minutes before departure time which depends on your destination and city of departure.
Norwegian airlines check-in time for international flights
- You must check-in at least 25-30 minutes before the scheduled departure of Nordic domestic flights. You can use any of the check-in options for a flight like a web check-in, airport check-in, etc
- Must check-in 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of domestic flights for Spain
- 45 minutes prior to the departure time of domestic flights for Argentina
- Must check-in 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure time of flights that will fly to and from the U.S, Canada, Thailand, Israel, Jordan, Morocco, Dubai, Argentina, and Brazil.
- For all other flights then the check-in processes will be closed 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for a flight.
- If you need special help as if you are an unaccompanied minor, or if you are flying with pets, weapons, or musical instruments then you must check-in 1 hour before your scheduled flight flies.
- If flying with sports equipment then you must deliver or drop your equipment at the baggage drop-off area or check-in counter at least one hour before your flight departure.
Few things to know about Norwegian Airlines check-in
- Must arrive at least 1-2 hours before your scheduled departure time for domestic flights
- At least arrive 2-3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for international flights to/from the United States
Check-in time for carrying Luggage
- Must Check-in your luggage 30-45 minutes before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights
- 5-60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for international flights which will be flying to and from the United States, Thailand, Israel, Morocco, Dubai, Argentina, and Brazil.
You are required to be available at the boarding gate at least 10-20 minutes before the departure time for domestic as well as international flights.
Priority boarding help to skip the long queue and make your stress free with the long waiting time. But you need to pay some extra charge for the service.
You can add your priority boarding at the time of the booking or after booking but before 1 hour of the scheduled departure of the flight. This service is available at the selected airports and the charge for this service is around 5 Euro per person per leg. At the time of boarding start airline’s executive come to you and ask for priority boarding.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights on it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured is the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee its 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.
Suggestions to read: