To know more about Philippine Airlines check-in, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Philippine Airlines is the Philippines ‘ airline flag carrier. The airline headquarter is at the PNB Financial Center in Pasay City. This is the oldest commercial airline that serves with its original name in Aisa since 1941. The Airline’s main hub is Ninoy Aquino International Airport of Manila and a few other sub-hubs. The airline is serving 31 destinations within the Philippines and overseas flies to 54 destinations in the Middle East, South Aisa, East Asia, Europe, North America, and Oceania.
Suggestions to read;
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Here we will be providing information related to online check-in, security, boarding pass tips, and the best way to check-in for a flight – whether you’re traveling interstate or international. For any kind of query & support, you can always talk to our customer service team +1-800-831-1547.
Philippine Airlines check-in & boarding pass process
The check-in service allows passengers to complete their Philippine Airlines booking pre-flight formalities online. Earlier, It was noticed on a daily basis, that travelers had to wait in long and time-taking queues for their turn at the check-in counter. And of course, to prevent such time-taking situations, the airline eases the check-in processes for their customers with varieties of check-in options which we discuss as under:
Philippine Airlines Check-In options
Philippine Airlines has been well-known for offering its passengers various check-in options and special services which suit their needs and satisfaction.
- Philippine Airlines Online Check-in
- Philippine Airlines Airport Check-in
Online or web check-in
Philippine Airlines Online or Web Check-in for flights is available between 24 hours and 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure time for your flights. Passengers are requested to complete their check-in process before they meet the deadlines.
Steps to check-in online and get a boarding pass on the website of Philippine Airlines
- First of all, you have to open the official website of Philippine Airlines where you have to log in with the registered Id and password. You can also check-in without login but it is recommended that register your id for future benefits.
- Now on the home page of Philippine Airlines, you can see here the check-in tab on the left of the screen. You will have to just click on it.
- The next step is to choose how you want to check-in. It depends on the booking reference, frequent flyer, and the E-ticket number details, choose any one of them.
- Likewise, If you choose booking reference details, then you have to enter your last name, and the booking reference number (PNR) you got when you booked your itinerary.
- The next step is to click on the check box of the terms and conditions and then click on the check-in button.
- After doing the above steps you will be able to retrieve your ticket then the next step is to pay for your baggage if any and choose your seat from the seat map.
- After a successful transaction, you have access to the boarding pass you can download it and save it on your mobile. You can also print your boarding pass at the airport through the kiosk machine after check-in online.
Flights that accept online/web check-in
- Domestic flights, including PAL Express (2P) flights.
- International flights, except flights from Chengdu, Jinjiang, Xiamen, and between Tagbilaran and Incheon.
However, Passengers who have confirmed booking for a ticket and the valid electronic ticket can proceed with check-in online but with some exceptions;
- Passengers who are in the requirement of medical and special assistance can not use the Philippine online or web check-in service.
- Passengers who are Unaccompanied Minors are also not able to use web or online checking.
- Groups of 16 or more passengers in the same booking will also not be allowed.
Return or connecting flights also can be done with the Phillipian online check-in option as long as the flight is available within 24 hours. When you check in by using a web option for your flight then your specific seat reservation and request for seat reservation must have to be pre-selected.
Check-in counters of Philippine Airlines are easily available at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Centennial Terminal 2 around 1:30 to 4 pm for international flights. Therefore passengers are requested to check on the same day prior to their scheduled departure time.
Philippine Airlines Check-In Time Suggestion
Philippine Airlines recommends its passengers that must check in at least two hours prior to the scheduled departure time for domestic flights and three hours prior to the scheduled departure time for international flights.
Check-in counters generally shut down 40-45 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure. you will surely not be allowed or accepted for the flight no matter whether you have a confirmed booking or not if you try to check in after the counter closure time.
Philippine Airlines also satisfied the passengers by offering an express counter for senior citizens to check in. Passengers are also allowed to add up to 2 traveling people as companions but with no luggage or baggage check-in. Express check-in counters for senior citizens can easily be found near the entrance gate of the airport terminal building.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to them. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured is the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee its 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.