To know more about Swiss Air check-in, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Swiss Airlines is a renowned and well-trusted flag carrier in Switzerland which is generally referred to as sometimes Swiss. Swiss International Airlines has been serving scheduled and obstacle-free fight services in North America, South America, Asia, Africa, and Europe for years.
Suggestions to read;
- Swiss Air Manage Booking Seats,
- Flights & Reservations
- Swiss International Airlines Official Site & Customer Service Details
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Here we will be providing information related to online check-in, security, boarding pass tips, and the best way to check-in for a flight – whether you’re traveling interstate or international. For any kind of query & support, you can always talk to our customer service team +1-800-831-1547.
Swiss Air Check-in & Boarding Pass Process
The check-in service allows passengers to complete their Swiss Air booking pre-flight formalities online. Earlier, It was noticed on a daily basis, that travelers had to wait in long and time-taking queues for their turn at the check-in counter. And of course, to prevent such time-taking situations, the airline eases the check-in processes for their customers with varieties of check-in options which we discuss as under:
Swiss Air check-in options
- Automated Swiss Air Check-in
- Swiss Air Web & Mobile Check-in
- Swiss Air Check-in Machine at the airport
- Swiss Air Check-in the day Before
Swiss Air Automated Check-in
Swiss Air allows its passengers to choose its Automated Check-in option at the time you are booking your flight online by visiting the website swiss.com. If the passengers are flying with their hand baggage or luggage then the Swiss Air automated Check-In option offers them Swiss Internation Airlines for check-in.
Through Swiss Air Automated Check-in service, passengers and travelers will be sent their boarding passes for their flights just 20 hours before the scheduled departure time for a flight. You are also allowed to choose to get a printed boarding pass through your mail Id and a mobile boarding pass as well.
If the Swiss Air Automated Check-In option also asks you to submit additional passenger information then you certainly can enter this information online just 72 hours before your scheduled departure time flight.
If the Swiss Air Automated check-in finds your submitted details incomplete you will not able to use this Automated check-in option at all. In case, you do not receive your boarding pass or any sort of notification related to it within 20 hours prior to your scheduled departure of the flight then you will not be able to use the Swiss Air Automated Check-in option
Swiss Air Web and Mobile Check-in
Swiss Air Mobile Check-in allows you to conduct an online check-in. Here you can also use the Swiss Air Online Check-In app called SWISS, either on your PC, or through the website on a laptop, iPhone, or android, rather than say anything of your comfort.
Web and Mobile Check-in for flights will be available between 23 hours and 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure from all airports except some following airports such as Lamezia Terme, Male, Nis – Serbia, Santiago de Compostela, Cagliari, Funchal, Hurghada, Split, Varna.
Steps to check-in online through the Website
- Firstly go to the official website of Swiss Air and log in to your registered account or id. If you don’t have a registered id then you can do it without a login id.
- This step navigates to you on the home page of Swiss Air, you can see the Check-in/My booking tab in the middle of the screen after scrolling down a little. You have to just click on it.
- The next step is to enter the booking code, first name, and last name. The booking code is given through email or at the phone number after your ticket is booked.
- After entering the details you will be able to retrieve your ticket then the next step is to pay for your baggage and choose your seat.
- Access your boarding pass and save it to your mobile phone device or you can print your hard copy of your boarding pass. Another way to get the boarding pass is, you can also collect your boarding pass from a self-service Kiosk or check-in counter at the airport.
- Go to the dedicated “Drop-off” counters or desks for luggage check-in at the airports. If you are traveling without luggage then you can easily proceed to your gate.
Swiss Air Mobile Check-in also allows you various facilities in online check-in such as checking in 9-10 other passengers, selecting/ changing seats, entering additional passport information, and requesting a boarding pass for your flight on your mobile devices or via email.
To know more about Check-in then click on the given link to redirect to the check-in page. Click Here.
Mobile boarding passes
With the Swiss Air mobile boarding pass option, you can replace the paper or printed boarding pass with a mobile boarding pass. The mobile boarding pass is sent as a text message or e-mail link to the passengers after check-in.
Airports that only accept printed boarding passes;
- SingaporeBasel SBB
- Cape Town
- Dar es Salaam
Swiss Air check-in kiosk machine
Swiss Air check-in machine option is another check-in option for helping passengers. The check-in machine helps you in the whole process of checking-in in just a couple of easier steps.
The check-in machine option allows you to add up to 9-10 passengers for the check-in process. Here you can also opt and change your desired seat, print your boarding pass, and even baggage tags as well.
Swiss Air check-in the day before
Check-in the day prior to your scheduled departure time is available for all classes and all SWISS and Edelweiss flights that are flying from Zurich and Geneva.
You can check-in your luggage at the airport within 23 hours before flight departure. And you will need your boarding pass if you want to check your baggage on the previous day.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to them. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee their 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.