Delta Airlines Reservations, Online Flights Tickets Booking Tips
Are you planning a trip and want to book your airline reservation for Delta Airlines?
If yes, then you may need to know the online reservation booking tips as before traveling with Delta, you should have all the details about it. Firstly, talk about the airline.
Delta Airlines is one of the largest airlines in the United States and its headquarter is in Atlanta, Georgia. It is the second biggest airline by revenue passenger-kilometers flown, the number of scheduled passengers carried, and fleet size. Delta is 69th on the rankings of Fortune 500.
How to book a flight ticket online on Delta Airlines?
Sometimes many find it hard to understand how to proceed ahead with the booking process of airlines. So here down below we have described some simple easy steps to book a flight for Delta Airlines in a more understandable way.
- Firstly you have to open the official site of Delta Airlines. At the left corner, you will see the option “Book” for booking. Click on that. You can book your tickets at a discounted rate on ‘Treknova’ the most trusted site for flight booking.
- Now login with the registered id and password this will help to redirect to the homepage of Delta airlines.
- The next step is to select which type of trip you are going on, i.e. whether it’s one side trip or a round trip. After that select enter, the destination from where you are about to fly, and the second destination is where you want to go.
- Next is to select which date you want to fly and how many numbers of passenger’s booking you want. When you are done with all the fill-ups, just click on the arrow in a red circle.
- The new page will open up with a list of the flight on the particular date you want to fly. Before that, you have to select the type of seats you want to have like the main, comfort, or first-class or economic class option, and click the arrow on right. After that select from a list of flights by checking their time of departure. Pick up which one is suitable for you.
- After selecting your flight you have to fill in the details of the passengers that is passengers’ names, surnames, date of birth, and contact details so no one can misuse the tickets.
- When you are done with every detail of your flight, the next step is to confirm the payment details of the flight or other charges for booking Delta airlines flights. Before that, they have a ‘Trip Summary’ for you to cross-check all the details of the booking like dates, flight timing, destinations, etc.
- They have multiple options, which if you want you can opt for by paying extra charges for any other services, like meals, wifi access, etc. You can even change the seat, if available with the changing charges applied.
- If you are a member of the SkyMiles frequent flyer program, then you can apply that on your ticket before payment. Besides this, you can even use an AMEX card which is available with a loyalty program and can avail of many discounts and offers but it’s totally based on which destination you are traveling to.
- After you have done the extra stuff, then you are ready to book your ticket with Delta airlines and that’s the time you must click on the option “Continue To Review And Pay”
- Your payment process can be done with both the option of credit cards and debit cards. Or you can even opt for other payment options. For discounts, you must use the AMEX card if you are having it.
- When you have booked your ticket before living just select your ticket to be protected by clicking on “Yes, protect my trip”. From this, you will get the cancellation of your booking for free. In addition, you will get insurance for your checked-in bags and even get assistance if wanted.
- After doing the aforementioned steps you will notify with a copy of the booking reference number in your mail.
In-flight services and the cabin
This class is offered on many of the major domestic flights (except for the ones that have Delta one service), select medium and short-haul international flights, and planes having more than 50 seats. Seats range from 47 cm to 52.7 cm wide and have a pitch in between 94 cm to 102 cm. The passengers receive a variety of free drinks and alcohol, free snacks, and full meals on flights flying for 1400 km or more. The passengers in this class are eligible for priority boarding.
Premium Economy Class
Delta CEO Ed Bastian announced in April 2016 that a new premium economy class will be added to the flights. This will provide features such as extra seat pitch, width, recline, extra legroom, adjustable leg rests, and new premium service. First delivered in the fall of 2017, Delta first introduced this on its new Airbus A350 and followed by Boeing 777.
This class is available on every flight with seats ranging from 43 to 48 cm wide and 76 to 84 cm in the pitch. Some flights have articulating seat bottoms wherein the seat back tilts backward and the seat bottom moves forward when reclining.
The passengers receive complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic drinks on flights that are traveling 400 km or more. Alcoholic beverages are available on the flight but at a cost. Complimentary alcohol and meals are provided on long-haul international flights as well as a few transcontinental domestic flights.
This is the basic version of the economy class offering the service but with fewer options at a lower price. The services that are not available for the basic economy are no complimentary or paid upgrades, no ticket changes, and seats assigned at check-in only.
The airline’s premier business class seating is available for long international flights as well as transcontinental flights to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle/Tacoma from New York – JFK.
This features lie-flat seats on types of planes with direct access to the aisle from every seat on all types of planes except Boeing 757-200. The seats of Boeing 767-400ER and Boeing 767-300ER were designed by James Thompson in such a way that when in a fully flat lying position, the feet of each bed extends up to the armrests of the front seat, featuring space-saving design.
On the flight of Boeing 777-200ER/LR, the Delta One cabins look like a layout of herringbone while Airbus A330 cabins look like a layout of reverse herringbone. The seats are equipped with a personal on-demand inflight entertainment system, movable reading light, folding work table, and universal power ports. Passengers also get a complimentary Tumi inc amenity kit, pre-flight sky club access, premium bedding, alcoholic beverages, refreshments, and chef-curated meals.
Delta announced in August 2016 that they will introduce Delta One Suites on selected widebody fleets. The suite will feature improved storage space as well as a door to the aisle for improved privacy, updated design, and a larger inflight entertainment screen. The suite was first delivered in July 2017 on the Airbus A350 flight and it was followed by installation on the Boeing 777 flight.
Delta Airlines Online Booking Add-on Services
Delta Airlines for the comfort and ease of the passengers has provided a few in-flight facilities such as:
Delta is the only airline in the USA that are providing free entertainment resources. This means passengers traveling in Delta airlines will be enjoying all the way to their destination without getting bored.
You can avail of this from a device or a seatback screen-all free of charge which comes with the latest movies, TV, HBO®, SHOWTIME®, music, podcasts, games, and more.
💼Delta Airlines Baggage Policy
- 2 free bags weighing a maximum of 50 lbs. (23 kg) are allowed, but if you have more luggage to carry it should be up to 10 bags, which delta airlines permit by paying extra fees for your luggage.
- 4 total checked bags
For more detail on Delta Airlines’ baggage policy, click here.
🍴Meals and beverages
Delta airlines are the first-ever airline in the USA to provide a free meal on their flights but on domestic ones. You will get all types of local meals, freshly packed.
Though you can also have alcoholic beverages onboard if you are 21+ or older.
Passenger in flight
The passenger of every age group or of any health condition has been flying with the flight service of Delta Airlines. Thus each age group has been categorized and provided service along with even ticket fares also charged according to it.
When a baby is less than 2 years old, they are an infant type of passenger on board of flight of Delta Airlines. Being the parent or guardian of the infant you have to accommodate them as they can not travel alone according to the norms of Delta Airlines.
An adult who will travel infant must be 18+ and you have to book a ticket for the infant which is 10% of the adult flight ticket fare, though it may change according to the country. Infant either have to travel on the lap of an adult or have their own seat when traveling in an infant car seat holder.
Child passengers are divided into 3 groups of ages, one is from 2-4, the second one is from 5 to 14 and the last one is from 15 to 18 years old. All of them need to book their own flight ticket and will be allocated their own flight seats. There will be specific discounts according to the country they are flying to.
The age group of 2 to 4 years is not permitted to fly alone, they must be followed up by some adult of age at least 18 years. When comes to the age group 5 to 14 years old child, they can travel alone under the Unaccompanied Minor Program. Nut only in non-stop flights of Delta Airlines. And the last group of 15 to 18 years can fly alone.
Adult and Senior Citizen Passengers:
Any person of age 18+ is considered to be an adult and can travel alone non-stop as well as on connecting flights of Delta Airlines. They have to book flight tickets with the airfare according to the country they are flying to. You must have a valid passport being an 18+ adult passenger.
And an adult of 65+ years old will get a senior citizen discount from Delta Airlines. Though the amount of discount is not disclosed by Delta Airlines, as it may change according to the country passenger will fly to.
There is no restriction on the flying of a pregnant woman on the flight of Delta Airlines. You may not have to place a medical certificate for your health. Though if you are in the 8th month of your pregnancy, then it’s been advised not to fly on the flight. But if your doctor prescribes you to travel, you can do so. Cancellation or change of pregnant passengers will not be charged with any cancellation fees or any type of penalty fee.
Loyalty program: Delta SkyMiles
Every airline has its loyalty program for its customer benefits, likewise, Delta Airlines has a frequent flyer loyalty program named Delta SkyMiles. This program is free to join by any person from all over the world. With every Delta Airlines flight, you can earn some benefits depending on the level of status you achieve in the program.
Delta SkyMiles program has been divided into levels which are Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. You can achieve this level by earning the target miles for each level. When you have created an account and become a member of this program, you will get ‘My wallet’ with every account. Everyone will get a unique membership number for identification on which you will get a membership card for ‘My Wallet’.
So being a member of this program you can achieve benefits like earning bonus miles, priority boarding, free checked bags, security line status, complimentary upgrades, and more advantages. Even when you have earned miles that are more than enough, then you can avail of them for booking tickets or purchasing any other products or services under Delta and its partnered airlines.
You can even redeem the free flight travel tickets under the Delta SkyMiles program, booking Delta Airlines, or can even from partnered airlines. You can even use these colled miles for hotel booking.
The points or miles you earn from other partnered airlines’ programs to the Delta SkyMiles program. You can transfer up to the limit of 250,000 earned miles.
Help for Delta Airlines Reservations Flight Booking
For the sake of passengers’ convenience, they have provided a support center for their customers, available 24 hours a day for 7 days a week. Different departments have even different numbers and timings also. If you want to cancel Delta Airlines booking, you can do so by visiting their official site or calling our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547.
Here is the official contact information:
|General Sales and Services||8002211212||24 hours/day, 7 days/week|
|International Sales and Services||8002414141||24 hours/day, 7 days/week|
|Refund Status||8008470578||8 am – 7 pm Mon-Fri|
|Baggage||8003258224||24 hours/day, 7 days/week|
|Comment/Complaint||8004552720||7 am – 11pm7 days/week|
|Accessible Travel Services||4042093434||24 hours/day, 7 days/week|
|Hearing and Speech Impaired (TDD)||8008314488||24 hours/day, 7 days/week|
Write to them at
Delta Airlines, Inc.
P.O. Box 20980
Atlanta, GA 30320-2980
Here in this article, you will find everything you need to know before making a reservation through Delta airlines, But sometimes all the information is not enough and you might need a little helping hand in making the reservation that you require. Other than that lending help means someone who knows all the tricks of making reservations at the right time and with the right policies. Thus Give us a call at +1-800-831-1547 to get the best offers exclusively from us. Our call center executives will be happy to help you out in any such situation. Or You can order a booking directly through our website, treknova.com.
Suggestion to read:
- Delta Airlines Manage Booking Seats, Flights & Reservations
- Delta Airlines Official Site & Customer Service Details
New Travel Flexibility Policy
If your travel has been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic then you can make changes or even cancel your flight with Delta Airlines absolutely free. The charge for the canceled flight will be credited to you through an E-credit. But remember while making changes to your flight if you are making changes in a way that there are some changes in the fare of the flight before and after making a change then the difference in fare will apply and you have to pay some extra.
To simplify your air travel they have eliminated all the change fees so that you don’t have to think twice before making any kind of reservation for your flight. This will impact in many certain ways. The pandemic has significantly changed the demand for travel – and demand continues to fluctuate based on a range of factors. Our teams are constantly monitoring demand trends alongside the evolving phases of reopening and travel restrictions in individual markets. We’re also listening to our customers about where they want to fly when they’re ready, so we can ensure our schedule is meeting their needs.
Delta Airlines: Covid Guidelines
There are some travel requirements that need to be followed, which might be a little more work for you, but it is important for your and everyone’s safety. What are these travel requirements?
- Every traveler above the age of 2 needs to show the COVID negative report that is done within 3 days prior to the flight and then they need to fill the form on the website for their negative report.
- Some destinations have different guidelines for the COVID reports, do check them out beforehand.
- The travelers and anyone with them need to ensure that they are tested negative for the last 10 days before the flight and don’t have any symptoms.
- Travelers need to wear masks every time at the airport, on the flight, and even after departing.
- Delta airlines will ensure every member, traveler, staff wears the mask, or else they might not be allowed to travel.
- All the travelers arriving in the US, including the citizens of the US, are required to give their contact details for their protection and safety.
Services provided on board
- Delta airlines are proving you with the food and beverages with all the safety measures and also getting some new additions in it for you to enjoy the variety.
- They are making sure to provide you with sanitized and washed blankets for the long flights.
- All glassware and towels are removed for some time.
- The magazines won’t be available for the time being.
- The kits are provided through a tray rather than placed before the flight.
Delta Airlines is taking all the measures to give you the best experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make Reservations?
If you picked your destination and want to take a flight from the US then you can book Delta Airlines’ ticket from the official website in the booking section. You can also make a booking from a trusted partner like Treknova which help you to get a better deal on Delta flights.
How do I reserve a holiday package or honeymoon package?
Any passengers who want to go on their honeymoon or enjoy their vacation by exploring the new places then they can try the Delta Vacation section on the Delta Airlines website. Delta has various destinations on its list from Europe to America. Customers can choose any of them according to their wish if they find any difficulties in choosing or selecting their vacation destinations then they can call Delta Vacations specialists at 1-866-238-5378.
Would I have to book my hotel separately on vacation?
No, You don’t need to book your hotels or accommodation separately. It will be provided in the vacation package, you don’t need to pay extra for that it will be included in the package.
What type of payments does Delta Airlines accept?
Credit cards are accepted as a form of online payment. American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Diners Club, and Carte Blanche are all accepted. Delta Vacations Gift Cards, Delta Gift Cards, and Delta Vacations-issued Travel Certificates are also acceptable forms of payment.
What exactly are promotional codes, and how do I apply them?
Delta Vacations generates promotional codes that can be used to apply a specific discount to your booking. The promo codes can be found at Go Beyond the Flight and added to your reservation.
For more information regarding Delta Airlines Cancellation & Refund Policy, click here.