Icelandair as the name speaks that it’s basically Iceland based airline that has been flying since 1937. It’s been quite an old air carrier now, which has been flying all over the world covering over 48 cities in 16 different countries. So the service under Icelandair reservation is quite good, that’s why they have successfully run their airlines for so long years with satisfying customers.
If you have come here for Icelandair reservations, you can just visit Treknova homepage to book flight tickets & compare the best deals from top airlines. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get the best-discounted rate for any airways, special discounts, offers, and last-minute unpublished deals which are only on calls.
Step-by-step guidelines for Online booking for Icelandair
If you book your ticket for Icelandair Airlines you have the option to book your flight ticket online by logging in to the official website of Icelandair Airlines. You can book your ticket from another traveling website like Treknova which is the most trusted website for flight booking. If you have the option to get the best deal and discounts then you can go for it. Here we discuss how to book an Icelandair flight online.
- Open the official website of Icelandair in the browser and log in with the registered account if yet not registered then register it. It will help in the future for further communication. If you get a chance to book your Icelandair flight at discounted rates then you can try different travel websites like Treknova.
- After log-in you redirect to the homepage of Icelandair. Here you can see the Flights option on the screen. Just tap on it to start the booking procedure.
- Enter your destination and origin for the flight. Then select the departure date from the calendar.
- The next step is to choose your travel types like one-way, round-trip, or multi-city, and then select the date of travel and the number of passengers.
- After doing all the above steps, then you’ll see the promotional code box where you have to fill in your promotional code if you have any.
- After filling in all the above-mentioned fields you have to click on the “search for flights” tab. This step helps you to find and display all the flight-related to your search with the prices of the ticket whichever class you have chosen.
- Now you have a list of flights on the basis of your searches, choose according to your suitable time and price.
- Then enter the field which is asking for the Passenger’s name, Last name, Traveler’s date of birth, and contact information.
- The next and most step is to pay for it through your debit or credit card.
- If your transaction is successful for the flight reservation your ticket is allotted to you and you’ll get a confirmation message for your reservation in your email.
Icelandair Reservations In-flight service
Service has been given either in-fight or on the ground by Icelandair Reservation, both are helpful, and the staff serving these facilities are so cooperative and understanding. So some of the services which are usually needed for passengers are been informed below with a little description.
The service of in-flight meals to service passengers to satisfy their hunger in-flight journeys is quite good. Their meals are made fresh and taste absolutely mind-blowing, as the ingredients used are quality products.
Under In-flight meal service you will get multiple options on the menu as full meals or snacks. In Economy class the freshly made meal taste so good as its been serviced keeping in mind that should be nutritious as well as served hot.
To avail of in-flight meals, you can pre-book for a meal at the time of booking or even after your booking by ticket managing option, if you have Economy travel class tickets. Whereas when you are traveling in a Saga Premium and Saga Premium Flex of Icelandair flight, you will get free-of-cost meals in-flight. You will get an option of gourmet meals with a suitable free drink too.
Even you will get a kid-type meal on the flight. Child meal is free for every travel class on all routes. With meals, your child can also have a drink like fruit juices. Though you need an infant meal you have to pre-order that while booking infant tickets.
You can book your meal for a flight in advance online before your flight. It’s better you pre-order 48 hours from the time of departure. Whereas if you do so you can even get a 10% discount on the meal order before you board the flight. Or you can even place an order while you are on board.
Suggest read: Icelandair Manage Booking Seats
The flight journey of Icelandair will not gonna be boring as they have several sources of entertainment. You will get around a minimum of 50 minutes of entertainment. That contains various videos and a series of music to listen to.
Videos are full of the latest movies with popular TV serials. Apart from it you will about to listen to all joiner of multiple kinds of music which will not let your flight journey boring and rather you will end up the journey with a lot of fun.
Entertainment resources are not only for adult but it was set up keeping in mind your child’s entertainment too in-flight. Thus over your personal screen, you can even get the Kid section for movies or music related to entertaining your kids.
So in-flight on Icelandair, every passenger will get the:
- Personal screen for entertainment to every passenger on each flight of Icelandair.
- Vulnerable series of Music to listen to.
- For reading lovers, there is newspapers and magazines example Icelandair’s Saga Shop Collection magazine.
- Apart from this magazine, they have their in-house magazine available to everyone named Icelandair Stopover in-flight magazine.
- In case you do not have your own set of headphones, then you can even purchase them in-flight which will cost you €8 or 900 ISK.
Every passenger of Icelandair will be allowed to take travel luggage with them on the flight. Though there are certain restrictions or limits on free baggage allowance. This baggage allowance varies from travel class and also gets different for in-cabin and checked baggage in the hold.
There is some luggage that you want to carry or get access to while you are flying in the cabin of an Icelandair flight. So these cabin baggage services are there, in which you can carry some limited free cabin bags under the baggage allowance of Icelandair. These free cabin baggage allowances get vary from travel classes.
In Economy light, Economy Standard, Economy Flex, and Saga Premium travel classes of Icelandair you can take 1 cabin baggage and 1 personnel item. The weight of both together must be 10 kg. Whereas in Saga Premium Flex, you are allowed to take 2 cabin baggage and 1 personnel item whose weight in total must be within 10kgs only.
So these cabin bags can either be kept over the seat there is a baggage space in the cabin or you can place them under the seat of the passenger in front of you. The maximum dimensions of the cabin baggage must be within 55 cm in length x 40 cm in width x 20 cm in height.
Your checked baggage is sent in the cargo or holds a section of the aircraft which is also known to be baggage compared to the same aircraft you would be flying in. This free checked baggage allowance depends on the travel class you have booked.
Travel class Economy Light of Icelandair is not permitted to carry any checked baggage. Whereas Economy Standard and Economy Flex are permitted to send only 1 checked baggage and that too weight must be not more than 23 kg.
And in Saga Premium and Saga Premium Flex, you are allowed to send up to 2 checked baggage in the hold and the weight measured should be within 32 kgs.
The dimension of the checked baggage to send to transport is 158 cm sum of length, width, and height, which also includes handles and wheels.
If in any case, your baggage exceeds its size or weight or even in pieces of checked baggage then it will be considered excess baggage and will be charged accordingly.
Pets when traveling on Icelandair flights are only accepted in the cargo or hold until your pet is your service or emotional support pet then they can travel with you in the cabin sitting beside you throughout the flight journey.
Your pet which is claimed to be a guide or emotional is accepted only when it is one of the breeds of Dog species. Whereas when you are sending your pet to transport in the cargo or golf service of Icelandair, then remember that only dogs and cats are allowed to travel on the flight. Other than these 2 species will not be accepted by Icelandair.
So to transit a pet on an Icelandair flight, you must have cleared documents and any other form need to fill. You should book your pet transport booking at least 2 business days in advance from the date of your departure as each flight Icelandair has limited spaces for pet transit.
You must come up early as 3 hours before the flight timing when you have a flight from Keflavík Airport with a pet transit service. Your pet must be locked up in a proper pet carrier that is strong and unbreakable and has a good-quality lock system.
In each aircraft, up to 4 pet crates will be transit in the cargo under the service given by Icelandair for pets. And each crate can be a carrier with at least 2 pets of almost small size and of the same breed and species.
The maximum dimensions of the pet carrier must be within 36 inches (length) x 25 inches (width) x 27 inches (height) and the weight of each crate must not exceed 88 lb.
When the plan guide or emotional support dog travels in-cabin, then remember Icelandair only accepts 1 guide or emotional pet in the cabin of each aircraft. So book the transport as advance as possible. And these animal bookings should be two ways, one-way booking is not accepted if the owner has return tickets also.
So safety purposes, there are some breeds that are not accepted to travel on the flights Icelandair: Pit Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Tosa Inu, and Dogo Argentino.
Travel with infant
Traveling with an infant of age less than 2 years in Icelandair will not be required to book a separate seat in the cabin. Your infant must be accommodated with an adult who may be his/her parents or guardian. In the flight Icelandair, the infant will be traveling sitting over the lap of the adult they are been traveling with.
Just remember you can not book a flight that is not yet born but is about to come. So booking for an infant is only approved after the name of the infant has been given and registered.
So passengers who re being traveling with their infant then they are not permitted to occupy the seat near the exit row or straight right in front of the exit gate of the aircraft for the safety issues of the infant.
Though your infant is traveling in the lap, you still infant travel tickets you have to book and purchase with a price lower than the child’s fare. You may check the Fare type for further infant discounts.
In case you want one passenger seat on the flight Icelandair for your infant, then you have to book your infant’s travel tickets under the child fare. If you need an infant meal on the flight, then you have to book for the same at least 24 hours before the flight time.
Pregnancy of up to the 36th week is permitted to fly in flight of Icelandair. Being pregnant passengers they should be alert to their health condition and must take all possible precautions for their safety by themself.
Though you have to submit the medical certificate which has been issued by the verified doctor who is treating your pregnancy. This medical certificate must be issued at least 72 hours before the departure flight timing.
And in case you are in the last month of your pregnancy or you have any complications it has been advised to avoid air travel. Though Icelandair will restrict the pregnant passenger who is 2 weeks away from the expected delivery.
There might be several queries or questions in your mind which need to be solved to avail better service of Icelandair whether you are in-flight or on-ground. They have a good set for the Icelandair customer support team. So that you may reach out to them easily through voice calls, emails, or even can post.
So when you want to have a voice-over conversation to solve your problem. You can dial the customer support number to have a chat. They are available from morning 7 am till 9 pm at night. You can call every day though in between these service hours for customer support. Here, you can also make call on our Helpline number+1-800-831-1547 to speak with our expert team to resolve your queries.
You can even mail your queries or problem to their valid email id. You will surely get a revert with possible solutions or steps they can take towards your query or problem to solve.
They have their registered address over which you can post a letter with your complaint or suggestion you have experienced during their flight journey or in their service provide either in-flight or on the ground.
In the present day when everything is growing digitally. Everything is available on social media. It’s important to get active on social media. And Iberia Airlines knows its value and had created an account on several social media platforms. They are being active on social media accounts.
You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get the best-discounted rate, last-minute unpublished call-only deals, and discounts on your flight booking with us.
IcelandAir Covid Policy
IcelandAir knows its important connection with its customers and they care for them.
They have come up with some special measures and policies only for you.
- If you want to change your flight or reschedule it you can get it done without paying any extra fees.
- If you want to cancel the flight you can do it and you will get a refund voucher that will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
- If you are making a new international booking you will get the flexibility of changing the flight without any extra fees.
- Different requirements are there for different destinations, you will have to check them out before visiting.
- You will most probably have to submit a covid negative report at most of the airports, so get it done within 3 days prior to your travel.
- The rules may change at any time, don’t forget to check them out regularly.
- You are requested to stay at home if you have even a little symptom.
- You might require to fill out the health declaration form at the airport.
- The air you breathe in the flight is refreshed by the HEPA filter that is installed in the flight.
- The face mask is mandatory to be worn on Icelandair flights.
- Every surface at the airport is cleaned properly.
- Sanitizers are available at the airport for you to sanitize.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Your baggage will be handled with all the safety precautions.
- All the IcelandAir staff takes all the precautions and wears the PPE kit and maintains social distancing wherever required.
- You will maintain distance while boarding and avoid making long lines.
- Once you are on the flight, be seated in your own seat.
- The flights are cleaned properly.
- You will be given a health package while boarding.
- All the meals will be pre-packed before the flight taking care of all the safety precautions.
- You won’t be allowed to refill your water bottle, but you will be provided one before the start of the flight.
IcelandAir is all ready to take you on board and fly with you.