Singapore Airlines Reservations, Flights & Ticket Booking Tips
Singapore Airlines (SIA ), the National airline of Singapore, is noted for its luxurious flight experiences with state -of -art facilities and the most modern and fuel-efficient aircraft making traveling a pleasant experience for its customers. This Airline has won numerous awards like Best Airline in the World, World’s Best International Airline in 2020, and so on. One of the most efficient airlines in the world, it has its hub at Singapore Changing Airport.
Headquarters – Singapore
It’s mainly owned by Temasek Holdings
Official website: https://www.singaporeair.com/
If you have come here for Singapore Airlines reservations, you can just visit our homepage to book flight tickets & compare the best deals from top airlines. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get the best-discounted rate, last-minute unpublished deals & special discounts.
The beginning of this wonderful and efficient airline can be traced back to the 1st of May 1947 when Singapore Airlines started as Malayan Airlines as a joint venture between the Singapore and Malaysian governments. Later the two governments were separated which led to the formation of Singapore Airlines in the year 1972. Its fleet continued to rise and has been the first to deliver new ones like Boeing 747 and fly the Airbus jumbo A-380 in 2006 which grabbed the media attention.
This airline has proved to be very innovative, it was the first to introduce free drinks and free headsets in the 1970s. Also, the first impression that comes to our minds regarding Singapore Airlines is their branding of the Singapore Girls with their Malay Sarong Kebaya.
Singapore Airlines Reservations
Now Booking flight tickets is easy due to digitalization and the communication revolution. So, every airline provides the facility to their passengers for booking and cancellations online through the official website and Singapore Airlines is also one of them. They give access to their passengers through the website by registering them. Passengers can book their tickets online while sitting at home. Passengers can also book their tickets from the other travel website where they can get offers and discounts compared to the official website. Like, Treknova which is the most trusted travel website, especially for flight bookings. Here we’ll discuss the steps for the Singapore Airlines flight booking through the official website.
Steps to Book Singapore Airlines Reservations Online
- Firstly open the official website of Singapore airlines in the browser.
- Then log in with your I’d and password to proceed further.
- If you don’t have any log in I’d then create it first by registering yourself through sign-up. Registration helps to make two-way communication directly with each other.
- After log in, you are on the homepage of Singapore Airlines where you’ll find the “BOOK TRIP” tab just tap on it.
- Now the new box is open where some empty fields are given, you have to fill it out.
- You have to enter the origin and the destination place with the departure date. If you want to return with Singapore Airlines then you have an option to book simultaneously the return ticket.
- After that, choose the number of passengers going to travel together and the ticket fare class and then click on the search button.
- Now the number of flight lists is shown on your screen with different times and prices of tickets related to your search. Select any one of them to book your ticket and then proceed.
- You are on the next page where you have to give the details of the passengers like Passengers’ names, surnames, and contact details.
- After giving details you are on the next page where you have to select the seat from the seat map and proceed with the payment.
- You can pay through credit cards or by the payment application available on the website.
- After a successful transaction, you will get the confirmation message in the mail which contain the booking reference number.
The Airline also offers you a web check-in facility for their passengers from their mobiles or computers 1.5 to 48 hours before departure. It’s possible to print or download your boarding pass prior to reaching the airport.
Except for Paypal and Alipay, all available payment methods are available on the Airline’s website. While making a booking via the website, you will be given a ‘Secure my Fare ‘ option which helps you to hold the booking and fare for up to 3 days after paying the holding fee. You can later confirm the booking by paying the full fare within these 3 days. After confirmation of passenger details, you might get routed to the payment page. Your ticket will be issued upon full payment.
Canceling and refunding of tickets
Refunds are provided by the Airline if a complete refund application is obtained.
If you have purchased a ticket directly via Singapore Airlines on a refundable fare, then you can request a full refund or cancellation. In case of a nonrefundable fare, only the taxes will be refunded. However, the airline might apply some refundable or cancellation fees.
How to cancel a ticket
Under the Manage Booking section enter the booking reference, Click on the cancel booking link and follow the easy steps.
Below are some of the guidelines as per the customer service plan of the airline which is applicable for flights to or from the USA :
1. You can hold a reservation without payment for 24 hours if the reservation is made at the Singapore Airlines reservations office at least one week before the flight’s departure.
2. Customers are allowed to cancel a Singapore Airlines reservation made via the official website without penalty within 24 hours of booking and if the reservation is made one week or before your flight departs.
3. If the flight is overbooked, you will be informed by the airline accordingly.
Singapore Air mobile App
As a matter of fact, Singapore Airlines offers the SingaporeAir mobile App with which you can easily manage and book your trips. Its highlights include
- Check-in online and generate a boarding pass
- Print baggage tags from Singapore Changi Airport using this app.
- Download favorite magazines or newspapers to your mobile device before your flight.
- Connect with KrisWorld, their inflight entertainment system while onboard and create your own playlists
- Can access the inflight menu at least 7 days before your flight arrives.
- Check the latest updates on Covid-19 travel restrictions
Checked baggage – For checked pieces of baggage, your free baggage allowance will be indicated on your ticket after you book a flight. There are certain items that need to be avoided like those which are fragile and valuable like laptops, medications, securities, money, silverware, and travel documents.
Cabin baggage – Depending on your class of travel, Singapore Airlines allows you to carry a maximum of 2 bags up to 7kg each into the cabin with you like those traveling in Suites, First Class, or Business Class. However, for Premium economy and Economy Class, only one piece is allowed.
Non-Standard Baggage – The airline allows you to carry large items like sporting equipment or other items, but for exceptionally large items, you might have to get in touch with Singapore Airlines Cargo
Lost or mishandled Baggage – If the checked-in baggage is damaged, you are requested to immediately make a report at the airport. The airline will then raise a report based on evidence of damage .for delayed Baggage, lodge a report online or at the Lost and Found office in the airport upon which you will receive a reference number.
One step the airline took to improve inflight meals was to involve world-renowned chefs as a part of the International Culinary Panel. Passengers for Suites, First Class, and Business Class can avail of the “Book The Cook “service and also the “yummy Menu “ for children aged between 2 to 11 years.
While making the flight booking, you are given the option to choose the type of seating.
For example, you can opt for more legroom in Economy class near the emergency and exit rooms. If not selected, it will be given on a first-come,first-served basis.
Inflight entertainment System
The inflight entertainment System of Singapore Airlines is known as KrisWorld which provides a wide range of blockbuster movies, interactive games, favorite TV shows, music, and more.
Not all, but most of the airline’s fleet is WIFI enabled especially those served by certain aircraft like Airbus A350 and A380, Boeing 777-300ERs, and Boeing 787-10. So you need to know what aircraft you will be flying on which can be found on your itinerary. Wi-Fi access makes it easier for you to check email, and social media for your business, or connect with loved ones at home. Wi-Fi plans can be free or paid. Complimentary wifi is given to those traveling in suites, First class, Business Class, PPS Club, and KrisFlyer members.
How to connect to WIFI
The first step is to verify your membership details. When you book your flight, under manage booking, enter your PPS club or KrisFlyer details. This can be done from the check-in counter or kiosks.
The next step is to Connect to the KrisWorld Wi-Fi network on your device in flight mode while traveling on the flight and access the ‘Complimentary access ‘on www.singaporeair-krisworld.com and fill out details.
Singapore Airlines also offers an in-seat telephone facility by which you can make calls instead of your mobile phone. It lets you make calls via a global satellite network.
Covid safety measures and policies
As you might be already aware, there might be changes in Flight schedules for certain destinations, due to Covid-19. In case your flight gets canceled, you will be notified via SMS, Whatsapp or mobile app push notification or an official email, that is, if your contact details are correctly updated.
Other precautions that they have taken are as below :
- Hand Sanitisers are placed in important areas of the Singapore Changi Airport, and passengers and staff are advised to wear face masks and maintain social distancing.
- The passengers who enter Singapore need to submit a health declaration.
- It’s a better option to check-in online from the official website or SingaporeAir mobile app in order to avoid contact once you have completed the booking.
- Navigate the Covid-19 Information Centre on Singapore Airlines’ official website for the latest updates on any flight cancellation.
- All passengers will have to undergo temperature screening prior to immigration
- You will receive an SIA Kit that contains a face mask and hand sanitizer.
- Surfaces are cleaned mostly and coated with disinfectants.
You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get the best-discounted rate, last-minute unpublished deals & special discounts.