Southwest Airlines is one of the major and world’s largest low-cost airlines in the USA. The headquarter of the airline is in Dallas, Texas, USA. It serves its services to about 121 destinations in America. If you are looking for an affordable airline in the US, then you can go with this airline.
Planning a vacation with family but worrying about the budget? Do you think that half of your budget will be invested in flight tickets? If you are thinking like that, then maybe you are wrong.
Booking without knowing the reservation policy, may suffer losses. Because most of us do not have proper awareness regarding reservation and check-in policy. They don’t know the benefits that come with an airline ticket.
If you do not want to face all these problems, you must know the reservation policy of the airline to avail all your privileges.
Some airlines have said that if your ticket is booked through their official website only, then you get the maximum benefits rather than booking with travel agents. That’s why you should have to be careful at the time of booking.
However, if you are interested in getting some tips & reservation information about Southwest Airlines, read this article.
If you have come here for Southwest Airlines flight reservations, you can just visit our homepage to book flight tickets & compare the best deals from top airlines. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get the best-discounted rate for any airways, special discounts, offers, and last minutes unpublished deals which are only on calls.
Destinations & Operational Bases of Southwest Airlines
As of today’s date, You can book flight tickets & reservations to 102 destinations in 40 states. Southwest Airways preferred the Spoke–hub distribution paradigm over Point-to-point transit which other major airlines opt for in its base cities. Check out Southwest Airlines route map destination here.
Southwest airlines have operational bases at the subsequent airports
- Las Vegas
- Phoenix-Sky Harbor
- Los Angeles
How to Book your Southwest Airlines Flight Tickets Online
The passengers can go through the following procedure to book their tickets. The reservation process is explained below:
- Go to Southwest Airlines’ official website and log in with your credentials. If you didn’t register yet then sign-up. It will help in the future to communicate any updates by Southwest Airlines
- Detailed information requires departure city and destination, one-way or round-trip route, travel date, and the number of passengers traveling.
- After filling in your all given details click on the search button.
- Now after clicking on the search button you are on the next page with a list of available flights on the basis of your search. You can see the flight availability as well as the price list with their fare class, you have to choose according to your wish and convenience.
- Select according to your wish and click on “Continue” it will display the flight details. A form will appear and you must fill in the details of the passenger who is traveling. You have to fill in the Passengers’ first names last names and middle names, with the date of birth and gender with the contact number.
- On the same page, after filling in all the details of the passengers you have to pay for the ticket price. At the bottom of the page, you have to select the type of card with the CVV number and then click on the “Purchase” button.
- After your successful transaction, you will receive a confirmation email on your mail id registered with Southwest.
Southwest Airlines has the most customers because of the services Southwest Airlines provides to customers. Before planning a trip, passengers should fully understand the baggage policy and how many bags they are allowed to carry in order to avoid problems caused by the action.
Southwest Airlines Flight Reservations Booking Services
Southwest Airlines provided in-flight services for the passenger’s safety and comfort during their trip, using Southwest Airlines. Let’s check together some of these services:
Southwest Airlines provides the following facilities:
- Free movies,
- Free streaming music from iHeartRadio,
- Free streaming live television and
- Free app messaging
On the 21st of August 2009, the airline announced that it would provide in-flight WI-FI Internet connectivity with the help of Global Eagle Entertainment’s satellite tv for pc broadband-based products.
WI-FI was added to their flights at the beginning of 2010. Video on demand become tested by means of the airline in January of 2013 and in addition, they tested live-streaming tv in the summertime of 2012.
With full network access to be had to passengers at a cost and free utilization of the net for A-list desired Rapid rewards passengers. Real-time flight tracking information, stay-in-flight television, messaging (Whatsapp and iMessage) and films through WI-FI are there for passengers as of the 1st of November 2018.
The cabins of the Southwest Airlines aircraft have been built in two different interior structures. One is Evolve Interior and the second is the heart interior.
Southwest added its fleet with new interiors on the 17th of January 2012.
A lot of improvements were done just as the inclusion of lighter and extra comfortable seating made of green products, a new netted seatback wallet to provide greater leg space, advanced ergonomics, a current cabin layout, and a new headrest.
An extra row of seats changed into introduced on their plane with a lot of space stored which wasn’t planned.
Sculpted sidewalls and redesigned window housings, together with multiplied headroom and LED temper lights are a gift in all of the Boeing 737-800s as they have got the Boeing Sky Interior.
The most up-to-date indoors referred to as the Heart Interior was introduced by means of Southwest Airlines on the 20th of June 2016 it incorporates the broadest seat in the shape of a Boeing 737 which provides extra space for customers.
The seat is supplied to all the new Boeing 737 MAX and 737-800s planes. To match the look of the heart indoors ambitious blue seat cushions and new bulkheads can be fitted in Boeing 737s.
Frequent flyer: Rapid Rewards
This is the frequent flyer application supplied by means of Southwest Airlines which began on the 18th of June 1987 by means of the name The Company Club. The agency membership is used to credit score on the premise of the trip taken via the passenger no matter the gap traveled.
On the twenty-fifth of April 1996, the call of the common flyer application became changed by Southwest Airlines to Rapid Rewards. The Rapid Rewards software was used to give credit for one flight to the vacation spot from the starting place which blanketed connections and stops on Southwest Airlines.
If 16 points were introduced overall in a 2-year length then the passenger become presented with one complete round journey to any destination which changed into valid for a year.
The frequent flyer program turned again changed to the factors machine primarily based on the rate of the price ticket on the 1st of March 2011.
Passengers redeem and earn points based totally on the cost of the price ticket and 3-tier gadget scale multiplier. The factors within the Rapid Rewards by no means expire so long as the member doesn’t expire.
Every passenger is allowed to hold one carry-on bag with one non-public item (backpack, briefcase, laptop, purse, etc.). Carry-on luggage shouldn’t exceed 24 inches in length, 16 inches in width, and 10 inches at the top which incorporates handles and wheels also.
Personal items shouldn’t exceed 18. five inches in length, 8.5 inches in width, and 13.5 inches on top.
Two check-in portions of bags are allowed through Southwest Airlines according to the ticket. The check-in bags shouldn’t exceed 62 inches of general dimensions such as length, width, and height, and they shouldn’t weigh over 50 lbs.
If the measurement or weight is exceeded then an additional rate of seventy-five U.S dollars will be incurred at the airport.
For more details, read Southwest Airlines’ baggage policy.
Meal & Beverages
They are not offering free meals and beverages to their passengers though you will get Pretzels as a compliment always with Some non-alcoholic drinks
Though there is a list of Meals they serve on-flight which you have to purchase if you want. Moreover, for a free meal full plate, you had a Rapid Reward coupon with you.
Flying with Infants or Children
Parents obviously can not leave their infant baby or child when traveling to some other destination, and thus follow them along with them. So passengers who are traveling with infants or children have some set of guidelines that they have to follow.
Like when flying with an infant of 14 days to 2 years, a set of rules for those are:
- So if your infant is of age between 14 days from birth to 2 years old, then they are not applied to cover one seat of the passengers. They are carried out by their parent or some adult free of cost.
- An infant does not need a boarding pass for travel, though their guardian has to palace a special Boarding Verification Document.
- If you are carrying your infant in an FAA-approved car seat then you have to book a separate seat for your baby with some affordable infant fare for seat reservation for the infant.
- If you have booked a seat for an infant then you have to check in either at the airport or online. You have to place an age verification document for the infant.
- It’s mandatory to place an age verification document like a valid birth certificate at the time of check-in at the airport with the infant.
- And if you have to take your infant who is less than 14 days old, then you have to present with the medical certificate stating the baby is fit to travel.
You have to book an international infant journey, by calling Southwest airlines customer care at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). For more detail read out in detail Baby on Board.
And child whose age is from 2 years to 11 years old has some other set of rules apart from infant flight travel.
- If the age group of your child is between 2 years to 11 years, then they would travel under an applicable child fare for booking seats in the aircraft.
- You have to show age proof as a birth certificate at the entry gate of the airport when you are traveling along with a child.
- You can do online check-in also for your child aged 2 to 11 years old and travel in travel child fare.
- But make sure children of age 2 to 4 old can not travel alone, they should be followed up with some elderly of at least 12 years.
- Though from age 5 to 11 years old children can travel alone under unaccompanied minor children.
- In an addition, child of age under 18 years old are strictly not permitted to travel alone and in case your child has to fly alone then you have to inform Southwest Airlines in advance so that airlines can apply the unaccompanied minor policy to those childer traveling lone in the aircraft of Southwest Airlines flights.
Advice to Pregnant women
Though there is no problem traveling by air being pregnant, if you are 14 days away from the estimated delivery date, then it’s been suggested not to travel by air, cause in some cases it leads to complications or premature labor.
For any pregnant customer flying in any number of the month, you have to consult with a doctor regarding their fitness and physic ready to fly with any problem.
On the behave of Southwest Airlines, pregnant women can not seat near the exit emergency gate and it’s also been mentioned that if any pregnant woman is in her 38th week of pregnancy, then they are not allowed to travel.
And in any case, it’s important to travel, then you have to examine by the doctor for physical condition, and strength, which defines the eligibility to fly on the flights of Southwest Airlines.
Southwest Airlines cares about their customer and is the Airline that doesn’t charge change fees, and in these times taking into consideration the travel restrictions in different countries, they are providing full flexibility in the flight change or cancellation of the tickets. Non -refundable or refundable tickets that were canceled from the airline’s side can be booked again for future travel.
Everyone traveling through the flight needs to wear a face mask from the time you enter the airport to the time you leave your destination airport. There are some rules and regulations for wearing the mask that needs to be followed, failing which will lead to strict actions from the authorities. You can not be without a face mask even for a second.
- The Airlines have been doing the best use of electronic and chemical techniques for the sanitization of the aircraft.
- For their travelers to be safe, the airlines clean everything properly at the night for 6 hours.
- While on board, the staff in contact with the travelers will be wearing face coverings full-time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at every step in the airport, as well as during the flight. Even the sanitizer wipes will be available for the customers on board.
- Get tested before you are traveling to make sure you are safe and so are the others.
- If you have been in contact with anyone having Covid-19 in recent days or you are getting symptoms, we request you to please quarantine yourself and not travel because your temperature will be checked at the airport and you will eventually be restricted to travel.
- We recommend you download Southwest Airlines App for contactless check-in or being the least in contact with anyone during the procedure.
- Please reach the airport a little early for the check-in process with social distancing.
Southwest Airlines cares for you and is doing its best to help you travel safely with them.
Where to contact for help
For doubts and curious thinking, call 1-800-435-9792 to get your doubts cleared. The group is available 24/7 and could do anything to help as soon as possible.
P.O. Box 36647-1CR
Dallas, Texas 75235
The passenger can be part of the community at
For full contact and resource get in touch with Southwest Airlines Official customer care center.
you can follow the latest news and updates related to the airline’s discounts and promotions on any of the following Social media.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Southwest airline’s official site?
On Southwest airlines’ official page you will get all possible services these particular airlines provide to their customers or the latest sales and deals for flight tickets
How do Southwest airlines reservations online?
On their reservation page, you can directly book your flight tickets without any third party. So on the Southwest Airlines flight booking site, you can book and even get special offers too.
What is the contact number for Southwest Airlines’ reservations online?
To contact them regarding Southwest Airlines’ reservation online, call on their toll-free number: +1-844-273-4508. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get last-minute unpublished deals & discounts.
How to get Southwest airlines check-in?
You can check-in within 24 hours of your scheduled flight by online web check-in or from mobile check-in.
How to get Southwest airlines flight status?
You can track the flight status live from your web flight status or even from mobile flight status.
What is Southwest Airlines ‘ cancellation policy?
Your tickets can be canceled up to 10 minutes after your flight departure. Though not all tickets are non-refundable rather they can be reusable as refunds are saved in your southwest account so that they can be used while you are booking your next flight tickets. You can cancel your reservation online.
You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get the best-discounted rate for any airways, special discounts, offers, and last minutes unpublished deals which are only on calls.