Last Updated on April 26, 2021 by Editorial Team
Southwest Airlines Flight Reservation Online Ticket Booking Tips
Book Your Southwest Flight with Us and Save Money. Make your trip comfortable with us, because you deserve the quality of your trip to be relaxing. Check your booking via Southwest Airlines Manage Booking on board with Southwest airlines.
Southwest airlines have about 108 destinations to choose from and travel to with them. 201 including all the domestic and international flights located in more than 40 countries. They have a very large fleet of 201 aircraft.
You can easily go to Southwest airlines reservations to get amazing deals and benefits. We are always here to help with any general questions or questions regarding booking, seats, in-flight services, holiday packages, and deals, or other things. They are one of those airlines that keep on getting customer appreciation every day. This is because of their low airfare and the high level of services that they provide to all passengers.
If you have come here for Southwest Airlines flight reservations, you can just visit our homepage to book flight tickets & compare the best deals from top airlines. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get the best-discounted rate for any airways, special discount, offers, and last minutes unpublished deals which are only on calls.
However, if you are interested in getting some tips & reservation information about Southwest Airlines, read this article.
As per today’s date, You can book flight tickets & reservations to 102 destinations in 40 states. Southwest Airways preferred the Spoke–hub distribution paradigm over Point-to-point transit which other major airlines opt for in its base cities. Checkout Southwest airlines route map destination here.
The southwest airlines have operational bases at the subsequent airports
- Las Vegas
- Phoenix-Sky Harbor
- Los Angeles
Southwest Airlines Reservations Flight Booking Services
The passengers can go through the following procedure to book their tickets. The reservation process is explained below:
- Go to Southwest Airlines’ booking engine and fill in the required travel details.
- Detailed information requires departure city and destination, one-way or round-trip route, travel date, and the number of passengers traveling.
- Then, after filling in the details, click Search.
- A new web page will open with a list of available flights and you can choose one.
- Now, click Continue and it will display the flight details. A form will appear and you must fill in the details of the passenger who is traveling. Now, click to buy.
- The last step is payment. You must select a payment method and complete the payment.
- You will receive a confirmation email at the email address registered by the airline.
Southwest Airlines has the most customers because of the services Southwest Airlines provides to customers. Before planning a trip, passengers should fully understand the baggage policy and how many bags they are allowed to carry in order to avoid problems caused by inaction.
Southwest Airlines provided in-flight services for the passengers safety and comfort during their trip, using Southwest Airlines. Lets check together some of these services:
Southwest Airlines provides the following facilities:
- free movies,
- free streaming music from iHeartRadio,
- free streaming live television and
- free app messaging
Since the 21st of August 2009, the Airlines announced that it would provide in-flight WI-FI Internet connectivity with the help of Global Eagle Entertainment’s satellite tv for pc broadband-based product.
The WI-FI was added to their flights at the beginning of 2010. Video on demand become tested by means of the airline in January of 2013 and in addition, they tested live streaming tv in the summertime of 2012.
With full network access to be had to passengers at a cost and free utilization of the net for A-list desired Rapid rewards passengers. Real-time flight tracking information, stay in-flight television, messaging (Whatsapp and iMessage) and films through WI-FI are there for passengers as of 1st of November 2018.
Cabins of the Southwest Airlines aircraft has been build up in two different interior structures. One is Evolve Interior and the second is the heart interior.
Southwest added its fleet with new interiors on the 17th of January 2012.
A lot of improvements were done just like the inclusion of lighter and extra comfortable seating made of green products, new netted seatback wallet to provide greater leg space, advanced ergonomics, current cabin layout, and new headrest.
An extra row of seats changed into introduced on their plane with a lot of space stored which wasn’t planned.
Sculpted sidewalls and redesigned window housings, together with multiplied headroom and LED temper lights are a gift in all of the Boeing 737-800s as they have got the Boeing Sky Interior.
The most up-to-date indoors referred to as the Heart Interior were introduced by means of Southwest Airlines on 20th of June 2016 which incorporates the broadest seat to in shape a Boeing 737 which provides extra space for customers.
The seat is supplied to all the new Boeings 737 MAX and 737-800s planes. To match the look of the heart indoors ambitious blue seat cushions and new bulkheads can be fitted in Boeing 737s.
Frequent flyer: Rapid Rewards
This is the frequent flyer application supplied by means of Southwest Airlines which began on the 18th of June 1987 by means of the name The Company Club. The agency membership used to credit score on the premise of the trip taken via the passenger no matter the gap traveled.
On the twenty-fifth of April 1996, the call of the common flyer application became changed by Southwest Airlines to Rapid Rewards. The Rapid Rewards software used to give credit for one flight to the vacation spot from the starting place which blanketed connections and stops on Southwest Airlines.
If 16 points were introduced overall in a 2-year length then the passenger become presented one complete round-journey to any destination which changed into valid for a year.
The frequent flyer program turned into again changed to the factors machine primarily based on the rate of the price ticket on the 1st of March 2011.
Passengers redeem and earn points based totally at the cost of the price ticket and 3-tier gadget scale multiplier. The factors within the Rapid Rewards by no means expire so long as the member doesn’t expire.
Every passenger is allowed to hold one carry-on bag with one non-public item (backpack, briefcase, laptop, purse, etc.). Carry-on luggage shouldn’t exceed 24 inches of length, 16 inches of width and 10 inches of the top which incorporates handles and wheels also.
Personal items shouldn’t exceed 18.five inches of length, 8.5 inches of width and 13.5 inches of the top.
Two check-in portions of bags are allowed through Southwest Airlines according to the ticket. The check-in bags shouldn’t exceed 62 inches of general dimensions such as length, width and height, and it shouldn’t weigh over 50 lbs.
If the measurement or weight is exceeding then an additional rate of seventy-five U.S dollars will be incurred at the airport.
For more details, read Southwest Airlines baggage policy.
Meal & Beverages
They are not offering free meals and beverages to their passengers though you will get Pretzels as a compliment always with Some non-alcoholic drinks
Though there are the list of Meals they serve on-flight which you have to purchase if you want. Moreover, for free meal full plate, you had a Rapid Reward coupon with you.
Flying with Infant or Children
Parents obviously can not leave their infant baby or child when traveling to some other destination, and thus follow them along with them. So passengers who are traveling with infants or children have some set of guidelines which they have to follow.
Like when flying with an infant of 14 days to 2 years, set of rules for those are:
- So if your infant is of age between 14 days from birth to 2 years old, then they are not applied to cover one seat of the passengers. They are carried out by their parent or some adult free of cost.
- An infant does not need boarding pass for travel, tough their guardian has to palace a special Boarding Verification Document.
- If you are carrying your infant in FAA-approved car seat then you have to book a separate seat for your baby with some affordable infant fare for seat reservation for the infant.
- If you have booked a seat for an infant then you have to check-in either at airport or online. You have to place an age verification document for the infant.
- It’s mandatory to place an age verification document like a valid birth certificate at the time of check-in at the airport with the infant.
- And if you have to take your infant who is less than 14 days old, then you have to present with the medical certificate stating baby is fit to travel.
You have to book for an international infant traveling, by calling Southwest airlines customer care on 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). For more detail readout in detail Baby on Board.
And the child of the age from 2 years to 11 years old has some other set of rules apart from infant flight travel.
- If the age group of your child is between 2 years to 11 years, then they would travel under an applicable child fare for booking seats in the aircraft.
- You have to show the age proof as a birth certificate at the entry gate of the airport when you are traveling along with a child.
- You can do online check-in also for your child age 2 to 11 years old and traveling in travel child fare.
- But make it sure children of age 2 to 4 old can not travel along, they should be followed up with some elderly of at least 12 years.
- Though from age 5 to 11 years old child can travel alone under unaccompanied minor children.
- In an addition, child of age under 18 years old are strictly not permitted to travel alone and in case your child has to fly alone then you have to inform the Southwest Airlines in advance so that airlines can apply the unaccompanied minor policy to those childer traveling lone in the aircraft of Southwest Airlines flights.
Advice to Pregnant women
Though there is no problem traveling by air being pregnant, but if you are 14 days away from the estimated delivery date, then its been suggested not to travel by air, cause in some cases it leads to complications or premature labor.
Any pregnant customer flying being in any number of the month, you have to consult with a doctor regarding your fitness and physic ready to fly ith any problem.
On the behave of Southwest Airlines, pregnant women can not seat near the exit emergency gate and it’s also been mentioned that if any pregnant woman is in her 38th week of pregnancy, then they are not allowed to travel.
And in any case its important to travel, then you have to examine by the doctor for physical condition, strength, which defines the eligibility to fly in the flights of Southwest Airlines.
As the world is experiencing this deadly coronavirus, many countries restrict travel within these countries and to and from any other international destinations.
Therefore, for this reason, Southwest Airlines had to abandon many flights. Southwest Airlines thanks customers for their patience and cooperation. Therefore, the funds for booking tickets (non-refundable tickets) that have been canceled by you or the airline can be reused within the next year from the date of purchase.
However, in the event of a pandemic, the validity period for reusing canceled ticket funds has been extended.
1. If the maturity date of the client’s fund is from March 1, 2020, to September 7, 2020, it will be extended to September 7, 2022.
2. If any travel fund expires due to the cancellation of flights between March 1, 2020, and September 7, 2020, it can be used until September 7, 2022.
Southwest Airlines has attributed the reduced schedule to COVID-19. In general, because Southwest Airlines mainly operates domestically, its impact so far has been smaller than other American airlines.
Southwest Airlines is aware that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, mandatory government regulations restrict air travel. Unfortunately, many restrictions will result in flight cancellations, possible quarantine or COVID-19 testing on arrival, and/or temperature checks on landing. Rest assured, our team will notify you of these restrictions as soon as possible, and provide maximum flexibility, and do our best to serve our customers. As always, the Southwest team thank you for your patience and trust in us during this unprecedented period of time.
- All our aircraft are equipped with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters, which can remove 99.97% of airborne particles-similar to the technology in hospitals.
- Our aircraft is designed with an air circulation system that mixes the fresh air outside the aircraft with the air inside the aircraft.
- The cabin air is fully exchanged with fresh outdoor air and HEPA filtered air every 2-3 minutes.
Cleaning around the clock
- Electrostatic disinfectants and antibacterial sprays are applied to every surface of the aircraft, which can kill the virus and form an antibacterial coating or protective cover on contact for 30 days.
- Sani-Cide EX3 is a broad-spectrum disinfectant used to clean the toilets and tray tables on the aircraft before each flight.
- Every night, we deeply clean each aircraft from nose to tail for more than 6 hours.
- Each aircraft is equipped with an advanced air distribution system that introduces fresh outdoor air and HEPA-filtered air into the cabin every second during the flight, thereby exchanging cabin air every two to three minutes. We use HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) on board, which can remove 99.97% of airborne particles*-similar to the technology found in hospitals.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at check-in kiosks, ticket counters, and boarding gates. Customers onboard can use wet wipes.
- We clean the ticket counter, boarding gate, and baggage claim area several times a day.
Special Points to Remember
- Federal law requires everyone to wear a mask at the airport and during the entire flight (including boarding and disembarking). Refusal to wear a mask violates federal law and may result in denial of boarding, withdrawal from the plane, and/or penalties under federal law. A properly worn mask completely covers the nose and mouth and is fixed on the head, close to the side of the face. Please click here for more information about this masking strategy.
- All passengers must submit verification to the U.S. government through Southwest Airlines to prove that the passenger is COVID-19 negative or has recently recovered from COVID-19. When traveling, you will need to bring the tests and other required documents with you, as U.S. government officials may require them to be inspected.
- In addition, each passenger must also bring the passenger’s qualified COVID-19 negative virus test result or evidence of recent recovery from COVID-19, which may be
- A physical or electronic document of a qualified COVID-19 negative virus test* performed within 3 calendar days before the passenger’s flight to the United States, which can identify the passenger (name, date of birth) and include the date of specimen collection and Type of test.
- Evidence of recent recovery from COVID-19. In order to show proper evidence that the passenger has successfully recovered from the COVID-19 virus, the passenger must include: (1) A licensed medical service provider or public health official signs on the letterhead indicating that the passenger has recovered from COVID-19 Recovered and approved to travel, and (2) Physical or electronic documentation of the COVID-19 positive virus test results obtained within 90 days before the passenger flew to the United States
- We know that removing unnecessary touchpoints is important. Therefore, we encourage everyone to keep their distance and limit close contact with others. We also require all customers to wear protective masks or face shields in airports and airplanes. (From May 11)
- You can restrict the contact information in the following ways:
- Download the Southwest®App to get a mobile boarding pass to avoid exchanging paper with others.
- Keep your credentials for verification instead of passing them on to employees.
- Check at the gate, scan, and keep your boarding pass instead of handing it to the southwest gate agent.
Additional Changes that The Airline Did
Food and Beverage Service
For flights over 250 miles, Southwest Airlines offers Coke, Nutrition Coke, 7Up as well as water and snacks. For fewer flights, Southwest Airlines will temporarily suspend all drinks and food onboard.
You can always bring your own snacks and drinks on board.
Southwest Airlines does not assign seats, nor does it allow you to purchase additional intermediate seats. You can board and select your seat in the order indicated on the boarding pass.
Southwest Airlines said it would inform passengers 2-3 days before takeoff if the full capacity of the flight reached at least 65%. Passengers can change flights for free within 3 days of the first scheduled flight.
Starting May 1, 2020, the new program will ‘provide additional in-flight cleaning services to meet the needs of flight attendants who are adjusting the work of the flight attendants.’ In addition to adjusting each plane between each flight, we spend more than 6 hours a night cleaning each plane.
In the EPA. Approved pesticides were previously used only to clean toilets and are now used throughout the aircraft. These procedures meet or exceed the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
If you booked a non-refundable fare, Southwest will not provide a refund. If your plans have been impacted by COVID-19, you can cancel your reservation up to ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure and reuse the travel funds at a later date for the original ticketed Passenger. All travel must be completed by the expiration date of the travel funds.
They are not charging any sort of change fees for making changes to your flight ticket. This may include making changes to the name, destination or even making changes to the flight date or changes to the entire flight itself. All the old policies of Southwest Airlines due to covid are still into work and you can still get the benefit of all those policies but there is no new major covid policy release that could be beneficial to the passengers by any means.
Where to contact for help
For doubts and curious thinking, call at 1-800-435-9792 to get your doubts cleared. The group is available 24/7 and could do anything to help as soon as possible.
P.O. Box 36647-1CR
Dallas, Texas 75235
The passenger can be part of the community at
For full contact and resource to get in touch with Southwest Airlines Official customer care center.
you can follow the latest news and update related to airline’s discount and promotion on any of the following Social media.
Frequently Asked Questions
QUES: What is the Southwest airlines official site?
ANS: In Southwest airlines official page you will get all possible services these particular airlines provide to their customers or latest sales and deals for flight tickets
QUES: How to do Southwest airlines reservations online?
ANS: On their reservation page, you can directly book your flight tickets without any third party. So in the Southwest Airlines flight booking site, you can book and even get special offers too.
QUES: What is the contact number of Southwest airline reservation online?
ANS: To contact them regarding Southwest Airlines’ reservation online, call on their toll-free number: +1-844-273-4508. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get last-minute unpublished deals & discounts.
QUES: How to get Southwest airlines check-in?
ANS: You can check-in within 24 hours of your scheduled flight by online web check-in or from the mobile check-in.
QUES: How to get Southwest airlines flight status?
ANS: You can track the flight status live from your web flight status or even from mobile flight status.
QUES: What is Southwest airline cancellation policy?
ANS: Your tickets can be canceled up to 10 minutes of your flight departure. Though not all tickets are non-refundable rather they can be reusable as refunds are saved in your southwest account so that they can be used in while you are booking for next flight tickets. You can cancel your reservation online.
You can also dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to get the best-discounted rate for any airways, special discount, offers, and last minutes unpublished deals which is only on calls.
Read also: Southwest Airline cancellation and refund policy.