To know more about Air India manage booking, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Air India is an Indian airline flag carrier, headquartered in New Delhi. The airline is owned by the government, using Airbus and Boeing aircraft to serve 94 domestic and international destinations. The airline hub is at IGIA, New Delhi. Air India’s market share is 18.6%. It flies to 4 continents over 60 international destinations. In July 2014, the airline become a member of Star Alliance. The airline’s initial name was Tata Airline and was founded by J.R.D Tata in 1932.
Get last-minute deals & discount for new booking & reservations. Also, get the best refund on airline cancellation. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
Air India Manage Booking
You can use Air India online booking to book your itinerary and pay online, ask for your favorite seat, meal, or any other services, have a flight status, check flight timetable and schedule, redeem your frequent flyer miles and do the web check-in. Online booking is helping you to get a suitable flight and compare the fares.
On the home page in Manage Booking, you have to enter your last name, ticket number, and booking reference. And you get the benefit of choosing your seat, cancellation and refund request, and other required information related to your trip.
Book your preferred seat
To book your preferred seat you can either do it at the Air India Booking office or Contact Center. Seat reservation for the first and business class passengers is fee-free on all routes operated by Air India. The paid seat is not for Bassinet seats for infants that are free of charge. Seat selection is available on selected routes run by Air India for Economy class. And this is not available on Alliance Air flights and Air India code-share. The available seats are Aisle, Window seats in the middle and front zone, and cover Window off the aircraft.
Here there are the details of the price per preferred seat selection scheme for the USA-Canada
Seat Selection refund policy
The given amount for the preferred seat is fully refundable if the booking is canceled 48 hours prior to the flight departure and in case of any flight disruption or schedule change.
However, there won’t be any refund if the passengers request for refund within 48 hours of flight departure.
Accepted dimension for the carry-on is respectively with Height 55 cms + Length 35 cms + Width 25 cms ((22 inches+14 inches+10 inches) for Boeing & Airbus aircraft with total Dimensions of 115 cms
Number of pieces and weight
Only one handbag with a maximum weight of 8 kg is allowed. And for the extra handbag, the excess should not be more than 10kg along with duty-free items. Per kg for an extra handbag you need to pay INR 500 for domestic flight and for the international flight there are different fees as follow:
- India to or from the USA, Canda, Uk, Australia, and Europe is USD 40 per kg.
- India to or from other international destinations is USD 15 per kg.
Oversize Baggage Fee Between India and USA
- Incase of oversize baggage like TV is the part of the free baggage allowance and if is under 62″ in total linear dimensions. There won’t be any extra baggage charges apply.
- For oversize baggage, an additional piece and below 62″ in total linear dimensions there will be a fee of USD 240 to/from Chicago/JFK/EWR/San Francisco/Washington.
- For the oversize baggage which is the part of the free baggage allowance and is more than of 62″ and 80″ in total linear dimensions, there will be a chargeable fee of USD 240 to/from Chicago/JFK/San Francisco/EWR/Washington.
- If the oversize baggage excess 80” in linear dimension and its a part of free baggage, there will be a chargeable fee of USD720 to/from Chicago/JFK/EWR/San Francisco/Washington.
- If the oversize baggage is the additional piece and more than 80” in total linear dimensions then you have to pay USD 720 to/from Chicago/JFK/EWR/San Francisco/Washington.
You need to know that:
- For an infant, you can carry baggage with 10kg weight.
- The maximum weight allowance for each baggage is 32 kgs.
Baggage Dimensions for First and Business
- The dimensions for baggage (length + breadth + height) of each piece are not allowed to be more than 62 in/158 cm for each piece.
- The weight permissible for each baggage is 32 kgs/ 70 pounds.
Baggage Dimensions for Economy class
- You can carry two pieces of luggage, the total combined dimensions (length + breadth + height) of both pieces is not allowed to be more than 273cm (107 inches). And the linear dimension should not be more than 62 inches.
- The weight for each bag must not be more than 23 Kgs/50 pounds.
To have a brief knowledge about their fees and policies, you can click here.
Air India refund policy
After you made your booking through the “My Booking” section, you can request to cancel your reservation of unused tickets. According to the cancellation and modification rules, a refund will proceed automatically. It is important to know those who did their booking as a multi-passenger, to cancel or modify the single booking you need to contact the call center.
In case if you are facing any problem like the one mentioned below, you need to send the email to Air India (email@example.com):
- Not being able to access the “My Booking” section because of error, fare rule does not permit the refund or involuntary refunds/modifications
- For any online booking queries,clarifications or nonreceipt of refund.
The refund will be against the same credit or debit that you used while booking and there are different rules for different fare types for refund. In case you haven’t done your booking online, you need to call the Air India office for the required action and refund of your booking.
Air India Important numbers (Customer Care)
To get in touch with Air India reservation and get more accurate answers during your requirement go through the following details:
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Our only goal is to help all travelers get peace of mind so that they can travel with confidence. We can help you with providing last-minute deals, discounts, cheap packages & solve any queries related to booking, cancellation, & flight reservation. To talk to our customer care executive dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to it. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee their 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.
Suggested links to know more about Air India;