Indigo is an Indian low-cost airline which headquarter is in Gurugram, Haryana, India. It is the largest airline in India by passengers carried and fleet size, with a 59.24% domestic market share in August 2020. Indigo airlines manage booking also can be done by online mode.
It is also the largest individual Asian low-cost carrier in terms of jet fleet size and passengers carried, and the sixth-largest carrier in Asia with over 6.4 crore passengers carried in the financial year 2018–19. This airline operates 1,500 flights every day to 87 destinations along with 63 domestic and 24 international. It has its primary hub at IGI Airport, Delhi.
Indigo airline was founded as a private company by Rahul Bhatia of InterGlobe Enterprises and Rakesh Gangwal in 2006. It took delivery of its first aircraft in July 2006. The airline became the largest Indian carrier by passenger market share in 2012. The company went public in November 2015.
Get last-minute deals & discount for new booking & reservations. Also, get the best refund on airline cancellation. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
- Step-by-Step Guidelines for manage bookings for Indigo Airlines
- How do I book a flight to Indigo?
- Is Indigo Airlines ‘manage booking’ allow the transfer of tickets?
- What is IndiGo’s policy if a flight is canceled, delayed, or preponed?
- Baggage Information at Indigo Airlines
- Tips to minimize contact while traveling
Step-by-Step Guidelines for manage bookings for Indigo Airlines
First of all, you have to that the manage booking is the service which is available for making some changes to the previously booked flight ticket. Sometimes it happens that passengers need some changes due to urgency. For example, if you preplanned your vacation but your boss didn’t permit your leave or it may be some emergencies like some unwanted situation that needs medication. At that time passengers need to cancel or may be making changes to their flight. Indigo Airlines understands the situation so they make flexible policies that are helpful for passengers. Manage booking services includes many things that can be changed like the name change, seat change, add extra meals or choose meals, flight date change, upgrade seat. You can even cancel your flight as well. Here we will discuss how to manage bookings in some simple steps.
- Firstly open the browser and then enter the exact URL of Indigo airlines.
- Now login with your credentials, if you don’t have a login id then you can signup. You can manage your trips without login also.
- After login, you are on the homepage of Indigo airlines where you can find the “Manage” tab click on it.
- A drop-down box is open where it shows edit booking, change flight, and baggage tag. Choose your action according to your wish.
- After choosing your action, you have to enter your booking reference number and the last name or email which is registered at the time of booking.
- This step will retrieve the information about your ticket that has to be changed.
- You can view all of the choices connected to your change here after selecting “next” (ticket date, time, or destination, cancel your booking, pay for extra baggage, correct your name on the ticket).
- If your ticket allows for adjustments, you can make the changes you want and then use your cards to pay for them online if you are qualified.
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation email at your email address following the successful payment of your adjustments.
Note* Always pay your difference while upgrading or adding extra service. If you cancel your ticket then the cancellation charge may be deducted from the original ticket fare which you are going to cancel.
How do I book a flight to Indigo?
Indigo delivers a hassle-free experience when booking flights with new and revolutionary ways to book that suit your lifestyle and your needs.
Indigo bookings and payments can be made:
- On the Indigo Website: www.goindigo.in
- On the Indigo Mobile App
- By contacting the 24/7 Indigo Call Centre: (0) 99 10 38 38 38 or +91 124 6173838.
- At any Indigo Airport Counter
- At participating Travel Agencies
Indigo offers a hold and pay facility for Customers who either do not have credit cards or need to make payments later. Customers can visit www.goindigo.in to make a Booking and hold it for 6 hours or up to 72 hours before the scheduled flight departure time, whichever is earlier.
Alternatively, customers can contact the Indigo call center to make a Booking and hold it for 24 hours or up to 72 hours before the scheduled flight departure time, whichever is earlier. During the hold period, Customers need to confirm the booking by making a payment on www.goIndigo.in or by paying in cash at one of our holds and pay agents, which also include Indigo airport counters and Travel Partners who act as fulfillment centers for Indigo.
Please note that Customers can hold a booking for 6 hours or up to 72 hours before the scheduled flight departure time, whichever is earlier, if booked through www.goIndigo.in or 24 hours if booked through a call center, from the time they make the Booking and this hold and pay facility is not available for travel.
For the avoidance of doubt, the time gap between the Booking which has been put on hold by a Customer there must be a time gap of 72 hours between the date of booking and the date of travel.
Is Indigo Airlines ‘manage booking’ allow the transfer of tickets?
Indigo bookings are not transferable at this time. If someone other than the customer attempts to travel or to obtain a refund in connection with the booking, Indigo shall not be liable to the customer so entitled if in good faith it provides carriage or makes a refund to the person presenting the itinerary.
What is IndiGo’s policy if a flight is canceled, delayed, or preponed?
Indigo has reserved the right to cancel, reschedule or delay the commencement or continuance of a flight or alter the stopping place or deviate from the route of the journey, or change the type of aircraft in use without incurring any liability in damages or otherwise to the Customers or any other person whatsoever.
Sometimes circumstances beyond IndiGo’s control result in flight delays or cancellations. In such circumstances, Indigo has reserved the right to cancel or delay a flight without any prior notice. Circumstances beyond IndiGo’s control can include, without limitation, weather, air traffic control, mechanical failures, acts of terrorism, acts of nature, force majeure, strikes, riots, wars, hostilities, disturbances, governmental regulations, orders, demands or requirements, shortages of critical manpower, parts or materials, labor unrest, etc.
Indigo airlines do not connect to other airlines and are not responsible for any losses incurred by Customers while trying to connect to or from other airlines. In case of delays of more than 2 hours or Preponement of the flight by more than 1 hour, customers are entitled to a full refund or re-booking onto an alternative Indigo flight at no additional cost subject to availability.
In case of delay or cancellation of a flight operated as part of the Connected Segments/Route scheme, the following shall apply:
- In case of delay or cancellation of the connecting flight at the point of origin which leads to the possibility of a missed connection at the point of transit, the passenger shall have the right to choose a refund or a credit for future travel on only IndiGo, or re-booking into an alternative Indigo flight at no additional cost subject to availability.
- In case of a delay or cancellation of the connecting flight at the point of transit, Indigo will, at its discretion and subject to availability of seats, first offer the passenger the option to travel on the next Indigo flight, or that of another airline or if either option cannot materialize, then at its discretion, provides lodging for an overnight stay to the passenger at the point of transit, ground transportation to and fro the airport and hotel and dinner.
Baggage Information at Indigo Airlines
To make your journey smooth and hassle-free, here are all the details regarding Baggage that you would need to know while traveling/booking with Indigo.
Get detailed information on Indigo baggage allowance for your all domestic flights as well as international flights. Know the number and weight of baggage prices you are allowed to carry during your journey.
If you wish to carry big bags such as Golf Bags, Surf Boards Bags, etc. then, Indigo will levy a fee of INR 1200 (or equivalent in foreign currency) for Domestic flights and INR 2500 (or equivalent in foreign currency) for International flights.
Get detailed information about cabin baggage/luggage allowance, weight, size, rules, etc. Indigo recommends that all medication, valuables, fragile items, perishable items, and precious items (cameras, jewelry, money, electronics, etc.) should be carried in Hand or Cabin Baggage.
Find all the information and process you need to find your delayed or lost baggage. Customers are solely responsible for the carriage of their handbag / personal belongings.
Tips to minimize contact while traveling
Mandatory health declaration
It is mandatory to declare your health status and web check-in, 48 hours to 60 min before flight departure. The boarding pass will be emailed only after a successful declaration of health status.
Hand baggage is not allowed in flight, you may carry only a small bag that fits under the seat. Check-in baggage allowance is only 15 kg for all Bookings made on and after October 1, 2020. For Bookings made between May 21, 2020, and September 30, 2020, for travel up to November 24, 2020, the Checked-in Baggage Allowance will be 20Kg instead of 15Kg.
Generate baggage tag
Add your check-in baggage online and generate baggage tag, 48 hours to 60 min before flight departure.
A printed copy of the boarding pass and baggage tag
Carry a printed copy or soft copy of your boarding pass and bag tag. Please note that only certain airports are equipped with kiosks that print baggage tags, hence it is advised that you mention your name and PNR on thick paper and tag it to your baggage before reaching the airport.
Reach 2 hours early
Reach the airport 2 hours before your flight time to ensure sufficient time for necessary procedures. Airport counters close 60 min before flight time.
To know more about IndiGo airlines you can go to the IndiGo airline company contacts and customer care service.
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Our only goal is to help all travelers get peace of mind so that they can travel with confidence. We can help you with providing last-minute deals, discounts, and cheap packages & solve any queries related to booking, cancellation, & flight reservations. To talk to our customer care executive dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to them. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. All we have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee its 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.