To know more about Japan Airlines manage booking, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Japan Airlines (日本航空株式会社, Nihon Kōkū Kabushiki-Gaisha), is known as Nikkō (日航), is an international Japanese airline and flag carrier, with its headquarters in Shinagawa at Tokyo. The airline’s main hubs are located at Tokyo International Airport (Haneda Airport) and Tokyo’s Narita International Airport. as well as Osaka’s Kansai International Airport and Osaka International Airport.
Get last-minute deals & discount for new booking & reservations. Also, get the best refund on airline cancellations. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
Japan Airlines Manage Booking
Japan Airlines understands that passengers’ needs can be changed due to some reasons so they make flexible policies for their customers and the easiest way to manage changes is through its manage booking section. You can book your flight online, going through the homepage of the airline www.jal.co.jp, and searching for the flight with your desired destinations, and the date and get all details while comparing the fares to select the best deal and decide to fly according to your comfort. Manage bookings includes some features which can be manageable.
- Get the itinerary detail
- Check-in and boarding pass online
- Pay your reservation while updating
- Change or cancel your flight
- Select your food
- Add extra baggage
- Select your seat during check-in
- Add more services to your trips
Japan Airlines designed an app for passengers, which is available on the App store as well as Google Play to keep track of your flights, check-in, and itinerary. The app is helping you to book your flight and store your traveling history. Also, it gives you real-time information. Apart from booking and checking, it is easy to book a seat and get your boarding pass easily and quickly only by having an app on your phone.
Steps for Manage Booking Online
Japan Airlines gives the option to the customers that manage their booking by themselves. Customers can change or cancel their bookings through the website of Japan Airlines. Here we discuss how to manage your booking through the website and what steps to follow.
- Firstly you have to open the official website of Japan Airlines and log in to your account with your registered email id or phone number.
- On the home page, you can see the ‘Manage Booking’ section just tap on this. After that three options is popping up on the downside that is Manage Flight Booking, Manage Miles, and Web Receipt. You can choose whatever you need to do as per your wish.
- After clicking on Manage flight booking the next page is open with two option which is for JMB member and for Non-JMB member so click as per your membership.
- The next step is to enter your details which are asked in a column-like First name, Last name, and the confirmation number(booking reference number) with the Boarding date and the flight number which is necessary to enter. This step will retrieve your ticket details which you need to change.
- After clicking next you can see here all the alternatives related to your change(ticket date, time, or destination, cancel your booking, pay for extra baggage, correct your name on the ticket).
- If you are eligible for the changes which are permitted by your ticket you can change it according to your wish and then pay for it online with your payment cards.
- Lastly, after successful payments for your changes, you’ll get a confirmation mail on your email id.
Japan Airlines manage booking is helping you to save money and time and make your travel a lot easier. Also helps you to update your details like customer information.
Japan Airlines Cancelation/ Refund & Change
You can download the Japan Airlines App, call the airline call center or check on www.jal.co.jp for rebooking or changes required to be made for your ticket. You can also request a refund online through manage booking on the airline website and proceed with the refund.
Those who booked their ticket through third parties are required to get in touch with and proceed with their cancellation or refund request. Tickets that are international and have an EMD number that starts with 131 and domestic flights with ticket numbers that start with 131-14,131-875~9 are applicable for the refund of the ticket. For cancellation and refund, passengers are required to contact JA: international reservation center.
The refund of the ticket will be sent to the same currency of the country of origin that the payment has been made and the country’s currency can’t be changed.
Required time for the refund: For those who purchase their ticket with a credit card, the refund will be sent to the original credit card which they used while booking the ticket. The refunding procedure depends on the timing of the refund, the credit card company, and the acceptance date of the refund. Overall there can be cases that require more time to adjust the refund like those cases in that other airlines are involved. To have a broader detail about the refund policies, it is recommended to call the JAL city counter in every country or contact the JAL international reservation center.
For those tickets which have been purchased by cash, the refund will be made through a designated bank account within two weeks after their refund request application. However, there will be a charge to the bank that the customer has to pay. Also, the bank transfer will be in the name of the passenger for the ticket that has to be refunded. There are a few cases where additional time is required to refund the ticket like when there is an adjustment that has to be made with other airlines.
Passengers have to apply for a refund within 10 days after their ticket validity. There will be a refund of the ticket however maybe passengers get charged for the refund or cancellation fees.
Japan Airlines Seat Selection
Passengers traveling in classes like First, Business Premium Economy, and Economy class have a right to select their preferred seat. However, there are limited seats for the different fare types and the destination. Therefore, it is always advisable to select your seat while booking your ticket in advance. There are no available seats for situations when Seats have been booked in advance.
Passengers need to know that:
- Pre-selected seats won’t available if you reach after the closing time of your check-in
- If you have to change your aircraft, your seat preference will be changed too.
- Some of the seats won’t be allocated to passengers who travel with an infant, pregnant women, children, and those passengers who have problems with mobility and need assistance.
Emergency row seats: There are limitations to allocating these seats for the safety of passengers. These limitations are:
- Passengers need to be more than 15 years old.
- Passengers should be healthy and not require any help for their mobility.
- Should be capable of helping the crew in the time of emergency.
- Capable of understanding evacuation procedures.
Japan Airlines Baggage Policy
Baggage allowance depends on the route and cabin class and you need to confirm the regulations on your printed ticket. Along with your hand baggage, you can carry one personal item bag like a lady’s handbag, an umbrella, a coat, an infant’s carrying basket, or a walking stick.
Japan Airlines fee-free carry-on allowance: One bag per person is allowed to carry your personal items along with the additional bag carry but the total weight should not be more than 22Ibs/ 10kg. There are restrictions that have been explained in the table below, check it out before packing and boarding to avoid any problems.
For those passengers who are having overweight or oversized baggage, their baggage may lead to the cargo compartment. Also, passengers need to check to not carry any restricted items in their carry-on or checked baggage.
Japan Airlines fee-free checked baggage allowance: You can carry free checked baggage which is different for the class of the reservation that you have chosen. If you are traveling with the Standard reservation, you can carry 2 luggage for free but the weight of both should not be more than 46 kg/ 100lbs. However, if you are traveling in the Business or First class, you are allowed to carry 3 pieces of baggage fee-free but the overall weight should not be more than 96 kg/ 21lbs. This means per bag you are not allowed to keep more than 32/ 70lbs.
For baggage that is more than the given size and weight, there are different charges per route but for the route between Japan, Asia, India, Oceania and Hawaii, North/Central/South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the fee per piece overweight is 23㎏ – 32㎏: JPY10,000/ USD100/CAD100. And for the oversized item, more than 203cm is JPY20,000/ USD200/CAD200.
Japan Airlines Important numbers (Customer Care)
To get in touch with Japan Airlines reservation and get more accurate answers to your requirement go through the following details:
Customer Service Number: +81 (3) 6733-3062
Baggage Tracking Number: 0120-254-125 / 0476-34-3211
Japan Airlines email: Contact the Airline here.
Japan Airlines Website
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Our only goal is to help all travelers get peace of mind so that they can travel with confidence. We can help you with providing last-minute deals, discounts, and cheap packages & solve any queries related to booking, cancellation, & flight reservations. To talk to our customer care executive dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to them. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. We have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee its 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.
Suggested links to know more about Japan Airlines;