To know more about Swiss Air manage booking, we started with a briefing about the airline itself. Swiss International Air Lines or Swiss Air is the flag carrier of Switzerland and flies to Asia, South America, North America, Europe, and Africa. The hub is located at Zurich Airport and the focus city is Geneva Airport. It is a member of Star Alliance and a subsidiary airline of the Lufthansa Group. The airlines headquarter is in EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg at Basel. The office is in Kolen at Zurich Airport.
Get last-minute deals & discounts for new bookings & reservations. Also, get the best refund on airline cancellations. Dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547 to save your money, time & effort.
Swiss Air Manage Booking
You can book your flight online, go through the homepage of the airline, swiss.com, and search for the flight with your desired destination, and the date and get all details while comparing the fares to select the best deal and decision to fly according to your comfort. Manage booking gives the flexibility to add or view your upcoming flights. Some services which are included in the “manage booking” section are given below.
- Check-in and boarding pass
- Select your seat during check-in
- Pay your reservation
- Change or cancel your flight
- Add extra baggage
- Add more services to your trip
For the comfort of the passengers, the airline provided an app for android as well as iPhone to keep control of your flights, check-in, and itinerary. The app is helping you to book your flight and store your traveling history. Also, it gives you real-time information online as well as offline. Apart from booking and check-in, it is easy to book a seat during check-in and get your boarding pass easily and quickly only by having an app on your phone.
Steps: How to Manage Your Booking Online for Swiss Air Flight Ticket
You can manage your bookings in an easy and simple way at the website of the airlines or the travel agent’s website where you booked your ticket. Here we discuss some simple steps to how to manage your booking.
- Firstly you have to open the official website of Swiss Air and log in to your account.
- The next step is to enter your details that are asked in the empty column-like First name, Last name, and the booking reference number. This step will retrieve the ticket details that you want to change.
- After clicking next you can see here all the alternatives related to your change(ticket date, time, or destination, cancel your booking, pay for extra baggage, correct your name on the ticket).
- If you are eligible for the changes which are permitted by your ticket you can change it according to your wish and then pay for it online with your cards.
- Lastly, after successful payments for your changes, you’ll get a confirmation mail on your email id.
Manage booking is helping you to save money and time and make your travel a lot smoother. You can also call them at 1 (877) 359-7947 at any time to get help with any changes you need to make for your traveling.
Swiss Air Seat Selection
To choose your seat on Swiss Air, you need to start with managing your booking online or call them over the phone. For any of which ways you will select, it is required to give the details of your ticket information as well as your name on the ticket. The instruction to manage your ticket online is as below:
- Open the Swiss Air home page register and log in if you want to do an online booking and reserve your seat in advance. But if you already have a ticket and want to choose the seat, click on the Retrieve Booking tab.
- For login, you have to give a username and password, and to retrieve the booking, you are required to enter your first name, last name, and booking reference or e-ticket number.
- The file will be open which has all your booking history click on the one which you want to book a seat for.
- You need to follow the steps given while using the home page to complete the procedure.
Available seats for your journey:
You can select the seat while booking your ticket, after booking and 48 hours prior to departure and if you are a member of Miles & More, you have this opportunity to select your seat just before the departure and free of cost.
Standard seat/Economy. You can choose your seat whether to be an aisle or window seat. The seat is included in the Flex rates and Classic and the charges per flight are CHF 14 for the European flight and for international flights CHF 17 to 40 per person and per route.
Preferred zone seats/Economy. The seats are behind the business class and you can get deplane faster if you choose these seats. For European Flights, the charge is CHF 25 to 28 per route. For the international flight, it is CHF 28 to 60.
Extra legroom seats/Economy. For greater comfort, you can select extra legroom seats which are for European flights CHF30 per route, and for international flights, they differ from CHF 45 to 125.
Privacy seat/Business. You can enjoy the wider tabletop space and ultimate privacy. Depending on the length of the journey for international flights, it will cost between CHF 109 to 219.
Swiss Air refund/cancellation through Manage Booking
You can cancel your ticket flight within 24 hours from the day you purchased and you won’t get charged for that. In case the flight got canceled or delayed more than three hours, you can ask for a refund and you can rebook a new flight ticket within three hours after departure.
- Flight can get canceled 24 hours from the purchase date and it will be without charges.
- You can request for refund if your flight has a delayed of more than 3 hours.
- You can rebook your flights three hours after departure but the rebooking flight has to be before 72 hours.
- You have to pay a cancellation fee if you cancel your flight after 24 hours of your purchase date.
- It is possible that you have to pay charges which is according to the type of ticket you purchased ( like non-refundable)
Swiss Air baggage rules
There are a few rules for the handbag and checked baggage which we go through one by one.
Hand baggage: You can carry your valuable and essential items all in a small handbag. You should avoid certain items and have to follow the restriction for weight. You need to keep your handbag either under the seat or overhead and should not meet more than the maximum size and weight.
Those handbags which don’t meet the requirement will be collected and carried in the checked baggage and you will be charged additional fees and charges at rates that are higher than the check-in time. You also can carry the foldable bag with a size of 57 x 54 x 15 cm as hand baggage. For the extra charges related to checked baggage.
Passengers and children can have some additional handbags like a laptop bag/ shoulder bag with a maximum dimension of 40 x 30 x 10 cm. The child’s seat and passengers with disability issues can carry a pair of crutches and arm/leg splints. Medical equipment is also allowed on board.
The handbag policy is stricter for Italy and the USA. Passengers who have First and Business Class with the second item of handbag need to check in to if they are allowed to carry the second bag.
Checked baggage: Here we discuss the quantity and weight which you are allowed to have as checked baggage according to the fare and booking classes.
The baggage limitation for the European routes in Economy class is allowing passengers one item of baggage with the size and weight explained as under. For small children, you are allowed to carry a foldable pushchair or a pram. For infants, baggage with a maximum weight of 23 kg is allowed. The baggage item in size should not exceed 158 cm in a total of width + height + depth.
In case your baggage is heavier or oversized, you have to pay for the excess amount. But the airline will not accept baggage with a weight of more than 32 kg and a size of 292 in total. You can check the additional information related to the excess baggage.
Swiss Air Important numbers (Customer Care)
To get in touch with Swiss Air reservation and get more accurate answers to your requirement go through the following details:
Customer Service: +41 (0)848 700 700
Baggage Tracking: Track your baggage from the official website.
Swiss Air email: Get in touch with the airline with the contact us page.
Swiss Air Website: www.swiss.com
We are Treknova, an independent & professional travel portal site. Our only goal is to help all travelers get peace of mind so that they can travel with confidence. We can help you with providing last-minute deals, discounts, and cheap packages & solve any queries related to booking, cancellation, & flight reservation. To talk to our customer care executive dial our toll-free number +1-800-831-1547.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any of the official airlines & not pretend any rights to them. All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. We have ensured the greatest possible care regarding the reliability & completeness of the information provided. However, Treknova.com doesn’t claim or guarantee its 100% accuracy. If you detect any omissions, errors, or changes that need to be done, please contact us.
Suggested links to know more about Swiss Air;