Last Updated on April 20, 2021 by Editorial Team
Turkish Airlines Manage Booking Seats, Flights & Reservations
To know more about Turkish Airlines manage booking, we started with a briefing about the airline itself.
Turkish Airlines Headquartered in the Turkish Airlines Management Building located in Istanbul Ataturk Airport of Yeşilköy in Istanbul. With the main base in Istanbul Airport, Arnavutkoy, with the second hub in Ankara Esenboğa Airport and İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport.
Turkish Airlines is the Turkish flag carrier, which translates to TürkHavaYolları in Turkish. By August 2019, it will provide scheduled flight services to 315 destinations in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Due to the number of passenger destinations, it is known as the largest trunk airline in the world. On April 1, 2008, Turkish Airlines became a member of the Star Alliance network. Compared with other airlines, the airline has more non-stop single airport destinations around the world. They have a fleet of cargo planes in operation. The cargo is flying to 82 destinations and has the best route map.
Get all the best services, deals, and in detail and in-depth help from our call center executives, exclusively for yourself. Call us on +1-800-831-1547, we will be happy to help you out. Also, you can contact us directly and buy our services from treknova.com. You will get many different policies and other benefits from us, exclusively.
Turkish Airlines Manage Booking
To book a flight online, you can visit the turkishairlines.com homepage and compare the fares while checking the date and fare of the route, and determine the best route.
After completing the reservation, you may need to open the ‘Managed Bookings by Turkish Airlines’ tab on the homepage to change, cancel, reserve seats, pick up meals, refunds, check baggage allowance, and many other services. But for doing all that you need to enter your details in the Check-in/Manage Booking tab such as ticket number or reservation code(PNR) along with passenger surname. And proceed with the actions that you need to take regarding your reservation.
Also, you need to know that airline for the comfort and ease of customer usability, provided an app that works for both IOS and Android. Through the Turkish Airlines mobile app, you can take your traveling experience, buy a ticket, do the check-in, use mobile transaction, plan for your holiday and so many other benefits such as;
- User-friendly application to record your likes, dislikes, and choices.
- You can purchase air tickets or other services, upgrade the cabin, food, and seat options, and apply for travel insurance, upgrade your seat with Turkish Airlines as per your will.
- You can easily pay for ticket fares in different currencies, and currently, they operate in 16 different currencies on their mobile app. You can even use the camera to scan the card to book a ticket.
- The Miles & Smiles privilege option in the airline app enables you to obtain award tickets and upgrade your cabin.
- The app is providing passengers with airport maps.
- You can access the airline call center through the mobile app at any time.
- You will receive instant notifications about flights and any changes.
- Book cars and hotels through the application.
- Provide services in 6 languages.
The airline provided a baggage calculation tool to check and review the destination-based cabin baggage allowance. Though there are conditions and rights that may vary which is depending on the flight. To know more and if have any questions contact Turkish Airlines.
Restricted Items for baggage
The airline has made up free baggage allowance but meanwhile, they provided the restrictions for the baggage allowance. Also, there is a baggage calculator tool where you can find out about the excess baggage and related fees. Though the fees can be different for different flights and destinations. Therefore you can get accurate information from baggage information on tickets and reservations.
Free baggage allowance for Turkish airline is as follow:
- You can carry up to 32kg of single baggage for all flights.
- Avoid carrying any restriction items or prohibited food items that are not allowed in destination countries.
- For an infant, you can carry baggage up to 10 kg and 23 kg on the flight. Also, you are allowed to carry a stroller that is not more than 115 cm. However, children passengers can carry baggage the same as adult passengers.
There are different cabin options for the comfort of passengers traveling. If your baggage meets the security, weight, and criteria of the airline, you can carry them into the passenger cabin. Free handbag allowance;
- Your luggage should be of appropriate weight and size to fit in the overhead locker or under the seat. The size is 23 * 40 * 55 cm, and the total weight is 8 kg.
- The amount of perfume, contact lens liquid, deodorant, and other items carried in the original container should not exceed 100 ml. Even if the liquid in the container is 100 ml, it is not allowed to carry a larger size. These liquids must be stored in a 1-liter transparent zipper-lock bag.
- You may not carry more than one bag in the cabin.
- You can take toothpaste and shaving foam with you.
- On the plane, you can carry up to liquid or solid baby food.
- Breathing equipment is allowed in the cabin.
- You can take medicine with you in the original packaging of the medicine and the doctor’s prescription medicine.
- Cosmetics such as cream, lotion, lipstick, and mascara are allowed in the cabin.
- If you put a tennis racket or squash racket in a special bag in the cabin, you can carry them.
Turkish Airlines seat selection
For choosing your seat there are two ways. One is to select your preferred seat while booking and the other way is to do the seat selection after your booking. After booking seat selection, you need to go to the home page and tab on Manage Booking, provide your ticket number or reservation code(PNR) along with your last name, and proceed with seat selection.
Seat selection and purchase
- For international economy class flights, Turkish Airlines’ standard seat selection is free from 100 days before flight departure to check-in. For emergency exit seats, payment is required between 365 days before the flight and 48 days before the departure. From the last 48 hours of departure, all seats can be selected for free, except for emergency exit seats.
- Those passengers who have not purchased a seat 24 hours before the flight will be assigned a random seat.
- For members of Economy Class ExtraFly and Premium Fly packages, the seat is free of charge 1.5 hours before flight departure. For the EcoFly package, standard seats are free 6 hours before flight departure. Although there is an emergency exit, all packages can use extra legroom seats 6 hours before the flight, which is paid for.
- For domestic flights and Miles&Smile, Elite, and Elite Plus members, you can choose your seat for free.
- At AnadoluJet International, you can choose your seat 48 hours before the flight.
- For international and domestic flights, business class seat selection is free.
- For those who are sick or have limited mobility, they can choose the side of the aisle or window to provide them with more comfort.
- Passengers who can provide assistance in unexpected situations can sit at the emergency exit. They must be over 18 years old and speak Turkish and English fluently.
- Passengers traveling with infants, pets, lead or affectionate dogs, and passengers who are sick and overweight cannot sit in emergency exit seats.
- For certain paid and unpaid seat flights, due to certain technical problems, selection is not allowed.
Turkish Airlines changing / cancellation & refund policy
Cancellation and refund are not allowed less than an hour before the flight. There will be a deduction of TRY 200 for the cancellation and a refund will be made on a ticket 1 to 12 hours before the flight. Also, all the ticketing service fees are refundable.
To change the ticket for Turkish Airlines TRY 150 charges will be applied for 0-2 hours prior to departure. The chargeable class fee is not refundable. And you need to pay TRY 15 as a service charge. There is no cancellation and refund for the tickets with the class of F, U, V, P, W.
You can change your ticket 2-12 hours prior to departure which you have to pay the penalty of TRY 50 along with the service fee of TRY15. For changing a ticket within 12 hours or more to the departure, you have to pay a fine of TRY 100. The class fee difference you have paid is refundable. Also, you need to pay TRY 15 for the service fee.
For the cancellation and refund, you need to know a few rules to proceed cancellation and refund such as:
- 0-12 hours prior to departure cancellation and refund not allowed, only you will receive tax reimbursement.
- More than 12 hours prior to the flight, you can cancel and ask for a refund while paying the TRY 100 penalty fee. But there is not a cancellation and refund for F, U, V, W, P classes.
- For more than 12 hours of time until Northern Cyprus, there will be a fee of TRY 200 for classes of B, M, A, H, S, and 100 TL fee for a penalty for the O, E, Q, T, L classes.
- They also offer group travel tickets, know more about group travel ticket policy and enjoy your travel with family and friends.
Turkish Airlines Important numbers (Customer Care)
To get in touch with Turkish Airlines reservation and get more accurate answers during your requirement go through the following details:
Suggested links to know more about Turkish Airlines;