Well, many passengers traveling to other countries for vacation, want their pets to be with them. Though many airlines in Ireland let you travel with pets with some limitations. Aer Lingus’s pet policy is quite strict in comparison with any other air carrier.
Under Aer Lingus pet policy they don’t permit any animals flying within the cabin along with other passengers, but some selected ones with the selected breeds which are been certified by doctors and even clean & hygienic.
This decision was taken due to many cases in the past where the animal gets a loss and had created trouble for other co-passengers in the aircraft cabin. So Below we will be discussing every possible rule under the Aer Lingus pet policy.
General rules and guidelines for traveling with pets
Some of the general rules for Aer Lingus passengers must know if want to carry their pet on flight:
- Pets that will be traveling will not go along with their owner in the cabin but travel as in aircraft holds.
- Be sure you have to bear proper documents and vaccination certificates for your pets.
- Make sure you have a strong base container to hold the pets which is suitable and comfortable for pets with the proper ventilation.
- The container’s base should be leak-proof so that the aircraft is clean and it will be free from the excretion of the pets.
- As pets are not allowed to fly in-flight, thus it’s obvious that under the Aer Lingus pet policy, passengers with animal service have been treated differently for any emergency.
- While booking for pets you must be aware or know the fact that Aer Lingus Airlines only accept the animal whose age is at least 10 weeks.
- This is much recommendable that you check-in your flight with the help desk rather than the self-service channel.
- Check and verify that your pet is allowed to travel at the destination or not. Because some countries don’t give permission to enter their borders.
- You should even be careful with the guidelines of the weight measures of pets you want to make travel which must not be stand out 64 kg/ 141 lbs.
Aer Lingus airlines have set up different rules when traveling with Europe or if in Transatlantic Flights if traveling with pets. Thus below you will get Aer Lingus pet policies for following:
Flights within Europe
- When traveling within Europe, and want to book in Aer Lingus airlines, then book your pet’s ticket with help of freight forwarder.
- At the time of check-in, you are not allowed to come up with your pet, as they will be transported as a flight carrier cause in-cabin aminals are not permitted.
- When traveling around with Aer Lingus Regional-operated flights, only cats, dogs, and rabbits are allowed for carriage. This is basically for flights within Ireland or flights in the middle of Ireland and Britain.
*But pets are not permitted to fly around Jersey or Rennes when flying from Ireland only.
- While planning to travel with your pet you must first contact Aer Lingua Airlines Call Center to inform them or you can say to get permission.
- Under Aer Lingus Airlines, they only permit those animals or pets, whose owner will be giving them the written acknowledgment confirming that if their pet faces any health risk or any harsh reaction due to flying over a certain height, i.e accepting the welfare of their pets.
- This confirmation is done at the time of booking for pets and even you have to present it at the time of flight.
- While making your pet go in a flight carriage, every pet should have an individual durable crate, which will be strong enough to make their pet secure and safe.
- It’s quite obvious, there may be several pet owners who want to travel, and flights also had limited space for pet carriage. Thus when you are doing Aer Lingus Regional reservation for pets just try to do it as early as you can or they can even refuse if they have no space for pets carriage.
Aer Lingus Airlines when it comes up with Transatlantic Flights, they are flying from Ireland to North America. Then they have a slight change in the set of rules for Aer Lingus Pet Policy when coming from both sides.
When Ireland to North America
- Only cats and dogs are permitted to travel and at the time of booking, they would be considered as extra baggage which you have to inform the airline before 14 days of your flight.
- If your booking for a pet has been done, and in case of an idea to make your pet fly drops then you must inform the airlines from a freight forwarder.
- While traveling from Ireland, you can make your pet transport to these cities of North America which are Boston, Newark, Washington, New York, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, and Toronto.
- But there are some cities of North America that do not accept animal transport even as an extra carriage in flight. The cities are Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and Minneapolis.
- It’s quite a relief if you are traveling to Hartford or Philadelphia in North America with your pet, then you don’t require an advance booking for that.
- When you have a flight in their A321neo LR aircraft, then you can’t send your pets in cargo as they don’t have proper ventilation.
When North America to Ireland
- All household pets which are only dogs & cats can fly back to Ireland as cargo from North America.
- When you are traveling back to Ireland from North America, you have to contact Aer Lingus airlines, North American helpline desk for Aer Lingus pet policy to organize the booking of your pet.
- You can’t make your pet travel on Fridays or Saturdays if you are coming from North America.
- You can only travel to Dublin of Ireland when flying from North America with Aer Lingus Airlines, as it is must be the final destination by pets who are flying.
How To Book Your Pets For Travel With Aer Lingus?
As the airline does not allow pets in the cabin, so you have to book your pet reservation through a pet agent at IAG Cargo on an Aer Lingus flight.
If you are traveling from North America along with your pets, then you can contact the North America Pet Desk of the airline on 1 888 578 4806 from Monday to Friday between 9:00 am & 5:00 pm EST.
You can contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Animals presented for travel at passenger check-in won’t be accepted under any circumstances.
In some cases when your pets/animals are not allowed to travel with the airline:
- Some dangerous breeds of dogs and snub-nosed breeds of cats are not allowed for travel with Aer Lingus.
- Your pet’s age must be at least 15 weeks or more.
- The maximum weight of your pet along with the container should be according to the IAG Cargo rules.
- In the aircraft A321neo LR, no pets/animals are allowed for travel as the cargo hold is not ventilated.
Pet as Assistance
There is one category in which your pet can travel in-cabin of aircraft which is if a dog is playing the role of assistance to anybody. It’s quite essential for many disabled to have a well-trained certified assistance dog to guide them. Thus those dogs are permitted to travel with their owner.
- Most of the suitable assistance dogs can fly with its owner with other passengers in the cabin and that too for free.
- To get your assistance dog fly with you, just make it sure you must book its tickets in advance through its free.
- You must be aware of the fact that, if dog breed comes in the restricted breed list, then they are not permitted though its assistance dog. (see above)
- To travel with an assistance dog, just place the Assistance Dog Identification Card. No at the entry gate for check-in.
- If you are not booking online and calling Aer Lingus airlines call center then, do it within 48 hours of the flight you want to fly with.
- Passengers with assistance dogs are treated separately in in-flight as they come under the guidelines of airlines with a service animal.
Apart from these if in any case, Aer Lingus Airlines finds that your pet or animal is a bit dangerous or aggressive then, they have the right to refuse to cancel those pets in their flight carriage.
Is Aer Lingus Airlines Allow all types of pets to travel in-cabin?
No, this airline does not permit all the pets to travel, but they have selected limited breeds of just dogs & cats which are allowed to fly, and these are:
Akita, American Pit Bull, American Staffordshire Terrier, Argentino, Fila Brazillero, Mastiff, Pit Bull Terrier, Tosa, Rottweiler.
Which breeds are restricted to travel ?
There are some animals due to their physical appearances like snub-nosed/brachycephalic dogs or cats will face a breathing problems when they are flying at a height. Thus are not allowed to travel as some such breeds, which are all types of Bulldogs, Pugs, Boxers, and Persian/Exotic Cats.
Are there any temperature limits for traveling with pets?
Aer Lingus is aware of the increased risk that live animals face when traveling throughout the summer and winter months. If any city on your route is expected to be above 85°F or below 45°F, your pet may not be allowed to board.
While you are booking online and failed to do so, contact their customer center, and if you have booked your pet’s ticket by Aer Lingus airlines partnered airlines, then please do contact them, as they will be having their own set of rules or policies for a pet carrier.
If you are facing any problem regarding booking or reservation of your pets or you fail to understand the requirements to make your pet travel in a flight to a different destination, then do contact Aer Lingus Airlines Customer Support Team. Or dial our helpline number +1-800-831-1547 for a quick helping hand.