Let’s have an idea about Allegiant air pet policy. Before that let’s have a look over the details of Allegiant air. However, if you are interested in getting any information about Allegiant Air’s pet policy, read this post.
Allegiant Air is a low-cost carrier offering charter and scheduled services in the United States. As a major carrier, this airline is the ninth-largest commercial airline in the United States. So bookings for Allegiant Air are carried out with several better deals and offers.
There are corporate offices in Nevada, Summerlin, and the Las Vegas suburbs. The airline is controlled and managed by Allegiant Travel Corporation, which is a publicly-traded company with more than 3500 employees and a market capitalization of over US$ 2.6 billion. Passengers with special conditions are only approved if they meet specific steps. Customers can travel in the cabin of the aircraft with their pet or social support or psychiatric service animals as they assist with the individual’s psychiatric, emotional, cognitive, or psychological difficulties. They encourage their clients traveling with emotional support or psychiatric service animals to send three fully filled forms to an agent or representative of Allegiant Air reservations for a nice trip.
Points to remember before traveling with pets on Allegiant Airlines
Here we discuss some guidelines which must be followed by the passengers while traveling with pets otherwise they may be denied to travel with their pets so to avoid these circumstances read the guidelines carefully to stay away from trouble at the airport.
- First of all, make sure that your pets are fully vaccinated with all the necessary vaccines and they should be certified by the authorized veterinary doctor.
- Check and verify that your pet is allowed to travel at the destination or not. This condition is mostly applicable when you travel with your pets outside the country. Because some countries don’t give permission to enter the animals within their boundaries in any condition. No matter whether they are vaccinated or not.
- Purchase a strong container with the permitted dimension allowed for transportation in the flight and make sure your container has proper ventilation so that your pet can breathe easily and don’t get suffocated.
- If you already booked your ticket for air travel and make a plan to travel with the pet then you should inform the Airlines booking department and contact directly with the helpline number or you can chat online 24 hours prior to the flight departure.
- Always ensure that your container has a leak-proof base material so that the surrounding of the aircraft is free from the dirt and the excretion of the pets.
- Get the confirmation from the airlines that your pet is allowed to travel with you in-cabin or not because rules and regulations for travel in-cabin are different. It depends upon the size and the weight of the pets.
- If your pet is oversize and overweight then your pet may be transported through the freight. There are also some sets of rules by the different countries, they don’t accept the pet whether it is in-cabin or as checked luggage, and they only allow the entry of the pets through freight carriage.
In-cabin – Allegiant Air Pet Policy
Inside the aircraft cabin within the contiguous 48 US, Allegiant acknowledges small live animals/pets. Travel to overseas destinations and not all species are licensed by U.S. territories. You can go through Allegiant Air Reservations. You can also book a group travel ticket with Allegiant Air. Here are a few things you need to know before flying into a cabin with your cat. The following pets in the cabin are welcome:
- The airlines allow pets in passenger cabins. Considered in pets category only cats and dogs.
- Your pet should be in a soft or hard-sided container and it should be leakproof
- They suggest a soft-sided container
- The container should not exceed 9” H x 16” W x 19” D
- You can carry only 2 pets in one carrier.
- You have to pay $50 per flight segment per carrier for your pets. It is non-refundable.
- Each passenger is allowed to carry only one pet carrier with you
- Your pet’s age must be at least 8 weeks.
- Your pet must be locked inside the carrier at the terminal and onboard the aircraft. The carrier will be handled by the passenger itself only. If it should not be done like that, your pet may not complete the boarding for your flight.
- Your pet carrier must be placed on the aircraft floor during landing & take-off.
- Your pet should be harmless, non-disruptive, and odorless.
- They should not be ill, violent, or in physically distress
- Your pet should fit comfortably in its cage and should not come throughout the carrier.
- If you travel with your pet, they will not give you the exit row seat.
- You and your pet must have to check with the airline agent at the ticket/gate counter at least one hour before the departure, so that will ensure the pets and their carrier are as per the guidelines or not.
- The airline does not allow you to travel with your pets in a cargo bin.
- The health certificate of your pet is not necessary to provide.
- The airline will not be responsible for the health and well-being of your pets.
- You have to contact the TSA govt. regarding clear the TSA security.
- If you do not comply with the rules, you may be denied boarding.
For more details, you can contact Allegiant Air Customer Service.
Pet charges on Carry-on
A fee of $100 per section per carrier for all pets would apply if your pet is traveling as a carry-on. When compared to many other big airlines, this is a fairly common rate for a pet fee.
You would not be charged an extra fee if you are traveling with a service animal.
Pet charges on Checked Baggage (if considered as checked baggage)
In the cargo bin, Allegiant air does not carry pets. Baggage fees and allowances are more of a reality, with ticket prices being as low as they are today. Like every other budget carrier, Allegiant Air charges each passenger to carry a carry-on and checked bag with different allowances than other airlines. Allegiant is one of the few ultra-low-cost carriers (ULCC) operating in the United States domestically. This means, that while carry-on and checked luggage are subject to fees per section, you only get a personal item for free. You can expect to pay $10 to $75 for carry-ons, and for checked luggage, you can expect to pay $18 to $50.
How to save pet payments from Allegiant Air?
Using the correct credit card is one of the best ways to eliminate pet fees. For general travel expenses, the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is beneficial to the passengers, by using this card you’ll get the points and the points can be used to cover airline pet fees because they can also be coded as travel. There is a $300 travel credit for other cards such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve that could be used on almost any kind of travel purchase, including pet fees.
Rules and Regulations for the Carry on Pets
Here are some points to keep in mind if your furry companion is going to join you as a carry-on.
- You do not have more than two animals per carrier.
Again, note that they need to have plenty of space to walk around so that only two pretty small pets can be brought into one carrier.
- Just one carrier can be carried by each traveler.
So, if you were to carry two or more airlines, you’d have to have two or more traveling passengers. Interestingly, Allegiant does not publish, unlike many other airlines, a hard limit on the number of pets allowed in a cabin.
- All animals must have an age of at least four months.
At all times, your pet must stay inside the pet carrier. When traveling in the airport terminal and on board the plane, this involves. All animals must be harmless (safety precaution), non-disruptive, and odorless. Moreover, your pet should not be sick, aggressive, or physically upset.
- If you’re flying with your pet, you’re not allowed to sit on the plane anywhere. The emergency exit row and one row before or after an exit row or a seat in the bulkhead have seats that are off-limits. You can also upgrade your seat easily with Allegiant Air.
- If you are commuting with a pet, at least one hour before the scheduled departure, you will need to check-in at the ticket counter or gate counter to ensure that your pets and pet carriers comply with all the guidelines.
- There is no provision for health certificates for you to fly with your pet.
You can go through Allegiant Airlines Cancellation And Refund Policy.
Emotional support animals and service animals
There are unique criteria for service animals and emotional support animals, but there is no extra fee for them if they fulfill any of the requirements. Some people get confused and hopefully, this will explain the distinction between these two types of animals. Animals with emotional care aid people with emotional, psychological, or cognitive disorders.
Registered service dogs have been specially trained for people with disabilities such as visual impairments, deafness, etc. to perform life functions. You’ll have to complete three forms while traveling with social assistance or psychiatric service animals.
- Type 1 form – Type of Veterinary Health
- Type 2 form – Clinical Form of Mental Wellbeing
- Type 3 form – for Animal Behavior & Accountability
For trips with a professionally trained service animal, Allegiant needs the following documentation:
- Veterinary Health Form for Qualified Service Animal
Need Approval For Your Trip before Traveling with Pet
Until you arrive at the airport, you will not obtain final approval and it is decided by Allegiant that the animal will fit comfortably on your feet.
Please remember that your onboard animals can’t:
- Be seated in a row of exits
- Protrude into aisles or block them
- Occupying a seat
- Eat from the table tray
There are many such things that you should know before traveling through Allegiant Airlines, thus here’s an article on things you should know before traveling through Allegiant Airlines.
For more details, you can visit the Allegiant air homepage here.