KLM Airways Pet policy allows you to take a dog or a cat into economy class on most KLM Airlines and business class cabins on most flights within Europe. Your pet should be at least 10 weeks old and eligible for taking rabies vaccination. You should bring a suitable pet travel bag for your pet which must be comfortable for your pet.
The reservations in KLM Airlines fall into two different categories, namely, economy class and business class. The business class is divided into two classes. No matter what you choose to travel to, the facilities and services on board are first class. In addition to that, they also provide you with online check-in functionality. With the online check-in function, you can check-in hours before your scheduled departure time. You can use your smartphone to work in a comfortable place. Compared to Air France, it offers a good selection of complementary destinations.
Guidelines For Traveling With Pets At KLM Airways
- Keep remembering that only cats and dogs are allowed to travel in the cabin on KLM Airways.
- There is a limited number of reservations for pets so always make a reservation for your pets. For pets, the reservation window is open 48 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- Your pet is only allowed to travel with you on the same flight if the age of the pet is at least 15 weeks old.
- A Pet container’s maximum required size is 46x28x24cm so that your pet can fit inside with comfort and also can be put underneath the seat in front of you.
- During travel on a flight of KLM Airways, you aren’t allowed to take your pet out of the container.
- The combined weight of your pet and the container should not exceed 8 kg of weight.
- Your container must have proper ventilation points so that your pet can breathe easily on the flight during the journey.
- You must bear the vaccination certificate of your pet while traveling because some countries don’t allow you to enter them without a certificate.
- If your pet is pregnant then you are not allowed to travel with your pet. Pregnant and sick pets are restricted to travel on the flight.
- If you are traveling with KLM and Shifting at Amsterdam Airport, you can still bring pets into the cabin. If you book pet travel, you are suggested to book just near your departure date yet at least 48 hours before the flight.
- If your transfer at Amsterdam Airport takes more than 4 hours, your pet is permitted into the hold. Nonetheless, it should be distinguished as Amsterdam, not the final destination. This means that you need to collect your pet at Amsterdam airport and need to check in again for the next departure.
- If you are traveling directly to Amsterdam, your pets or animals are permitted in the hold. If your transit time at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is less than 3 hours, your pet is permitted into the hold.
Booking Ticket For Pet For KLM Airways
KLM Airways is the leading airline in the Netherlands., they welcome pets into the cabins and make the most of the trip. They strongly recommend that you book your flight as soon as possible, but do not delay 48 hours before the flight take-off. You can also book a place through the KLM Airways Customer Relations Center by talking to an expert. On most KLM trips you can take a dog or a cat with you. The Airways offer a variety of travel options to make your pet travel smoother and safer on KLM.
Pet Travel Charges & Transportation
The pet travel charges at KLM Airways depend on the destination, importing pets costs between 30 and 200 euros. And if your pet is traveling like a Checked suitcase and the transfer at Amsterdam Airport is 3 hours or more, you will have to pay 200 dollars or 150 Euros for additional medical expenses. The Airline will provide food, water, and a fresh litter box for your pets at the Animal Hotel.
Pet Travel Qualifications During Pandemic
The Airline wants you to be assured you plan immunizations, flying certificates, and other significant pieces of stuff in advance. You will need to let the Airline know that your pet is in good health and ready to fly Before you go onboard. Depending on the destination, you also need to accept that your pet may have a health examination such as a temperature test under the supervision of a traveling companion.
Before booking A travel on KLM Airways, you should have all the necessary travel documents of yourself as well as of your pet. They want you to verify the pet’s health needs and other entrance certificates before flying with the Airlines and you should often check every updated detail on the official website of KLM Airways as they can change frequently, be certain to review the necessities presently before you travel. They also suggest that you consult the Embassy of the country you are going to, your transport, and your destination as some countries do not permit pets to travel to and from that country.
Pet Travel Preparation
- They highly recommend that you do not pacify your pets.
- One week before flying, you are advised to make your pet acclimate to the crate.
- You should not provide anything to your pet to drink or eat within two hours before the flight take-off time.
- They will provide a checklist of your pet, cage, and travel documents at the airport before you go onboard.
- It may take some time to register pets, so you must enter the airport 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time, and lead your pet to the cargo area with the completed checklist.
Pets As Checked Luggage
- On most KLM Airways, your dog or cat may travel in the ventilation area of the cargo space.
- Your pet, whether it’s a dog or a cat, should be at least 10 weeks old and must be eligible to take rabies vaccination.
- Your pet must fly with KLM Airways in a cage that complies with IATA commands.
- The combined weight of your pets may be largest than 75 kg or 165 pounds if you want to take 2 or more pets on a flight.
- Two adult animals of equal size and matching, still weighing no more than 14 kg or 30 pounds, can fly together in a crate.
- KLM Airways does not allow animals to travel in the cabins of the Boeing 787-9 and Boeing 787-10 aircraft.
- Sometimes In winter, animals may not be able to travel on KLM Cityhopper (Embraer 175 and Embraer 190) flights for two hours or more.
- Due to the heat and pressure, snub-nosed animals such as poodles, boxers, and Persian cats may have difficulty breathing while flying.
- Please remark that during the trip, KLM Airways can not provide food or water for pets.
Pets In Cabin
- You can bring a cat or dog into economy class on most KLM Airways and business class flights on most KLM flights within Europe.
- The total weight of your pet and your travel bag or crate may be the most comprehensive which can be 8 kg or 18 pounds.
- You should bring a suitable pet travel bag, which can accommodate up to two pets. the recommended size is 46 x 28 x 24 cm (L x W x H).
- The cage should be placed under the seat in front of you inside the cabin so that the exit row is not included. KLM Airways strictly prohibits animals to be out of travel bags or cages or keeping dogs with you on your seat during the flight.
- KLM Airways applied special rules and regulations to bring your own service dog into the cabin. You can ask KLM Airways for more information about traveling with service animals.
- Please note that KLM Airways can accommodate a limited number of crates in the compartment. Unfortunately, KLM intercontinental flights are unable to take pets into the Business Class cabin because there is no room for pets under the seat in front of you.
Pets As Cargo
Pet can be transported as cargo if you want to bring more than 3 pets If this number is exceeded, pets must be transported as cargo. Your pet must also be transported as cargo by KLM Air France under the following conditions:
- The dog cage is larger than 292 cm / 115 inches (length + width + height).
- The combined weight of your pet and household exceeds 75 kg (165 lbs).
- Your pet travels to a country or region where only pets are allowed as goods.
- Your pet is not on the same flight as yours.
- To transport pets as cargo, you must contact the designated freight forwarder.
Carrier for pet
When placing a pet in a cage, the cage must comply with the following rules:
- The cage should have fiberglass or hard plastic housing. It is forbidden to use wood, metal bars, or welded wire mesh cage.
- The wheel must be removed, or if it can be pulled out, it must be removed or sealed with duct tape.
- The door hinge and locking pin must allow the container to project at least 1.6 cm above and below the horizontal projection of the door opening where the pin is installed.
- The door should have a central locking system that can fix the upper and lower door locks at the same time.
- The crate must be wide enough for your pet to stand without touching the top of the crate so that it can easily move around comfortably.
- The two parts of the cage must be tied together and it is strictly forbidden to use any other locking system.
- There needs to be a blanket or other absorbent material on the floor of the cage.
- A doghouse should have fixed food vessels or one stable food bowl with two compartments for storing food and water so that it can be easy to serve them food or water.
We are glad to answer your inquiries about KLM Airways pet travel and hopefully, it was helpful for you to get the exact information you wanted. If you still have any questions left to be solved then you can visit the website of KLM Airways or contact their specialist and if you still are unable to reach them you are welcome to talk to us by contacting Treknova Travel Advice 24*7 toll-free number 1-800-831-1547.