Qantas Airlines is the world’s safest airline because they have possibly the world’s best training center. Qantas Airways has never had a fatal accident, or accident resulting in serious injury. In 2014 they were voted Safest Airline in the World by AirlineRatings and have been rated top airline for four years in a row. They also have the best Qantas pet policy.
In 2010, the failure of turbine disks on Flight 32 running A380-800 caused almost catastrophic hydraulic losses. There were 5 crew members on board and the pilot managed to land the plane safely in Singapore without causing casualties. The malfunctioning was found to be related to the design of the Rolls-Royce engine. Captain Richard Champion de Crespigny was awarded the Australian Medal in 2016 for his contribution to saving the aircraft and its 440 people.
In essence, Qantas’ maintenance procedures are impeccable. The slightest negligence will lead to the cause of immediate investigation. This can sometimes cause delays, usually one of the most frequent criticisms made by airlines, but as the old saying goes: delays are better than disasters. Qantas Airline is proud to be Australian.
Qantas was established in Queensland in 1920 and became the largest local and international airline in Australia. Qantas Airways is located in the Mascot suburb of Sydney, adjacent to the main hub of Sydney Airport. In the year 2014 in March, Qantas Airways accounted for 65% of the Australian In-line market and 14.9% of all travelers entering and leaving Australia.
Several airlines fly to regional centers and some log cabins in Australia under the name of QantasLink. Qantas also owns the low-cost airline Jetstar, which operates international flights to Australia and domestic flights to Australia and New Zealand. It also holds shares in other Jetstar brand airlines.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Information on the latest updates and booking changes and other options. You have to be sure to check the latest government travel requirements before booking. You can connect with Qantas Airlines on their Official social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube.
And you can also download their official app from the app store for iPhone and from the google store for Android, you can use the Qantas app to check in, select your seat, access your boarding pass, or manage your trip with Qantas Manage Booking Policy. You can book flights, even hotels, apply for Uber, etc. If you want to be updated about Qantas Airlines, this can be the best option for you as can be up to date with the latest information about boarding, gates, boarding times, luggage conveyor belts, etc.
Key points to remember before traveling with pets on Qantas Airways
- Your pet should be fully vaccinated and you must have the proper certificate of your pet’s vaccination.
- Pet containers should have proper ventilation points so that your pet can breathe easily and be protected from suffocation.
- Check the eligibility of your pet, some countries are restricted to enter some breeds so confirm with the embassy or any officials whether your breed is allowed to enter their border or not.
- In Qantas, there is a pet travel specialist who is an expert in handling the journey of your pet starting from the booking and pick up and drop off at the airport.
- In Qanats Airways you can carry one pet per ticket only.
- You have to book your pet reservation at least 48 hours before your flight schedule departure.
- The container should’ve designed in a manner that your pet can move in the container easily and can sit in the natural position.
- Pet containers should be made up of strong base material and also have absorbent material so that container would be neat and clean which helps to maintain the cleanliness in the flight.
Pet Reservation on Qantas
If you want your pet to travel by air with you, we highly recommend that you shall book the flight ticket for your pet first, and then make your own flight booking. However, on domestic flights in Australia, you can now book your pet’s flight at the same time you book your own flight. Qantas Airways have temporarily suspended their domestic online reservations for pets and animal activities.
The limited flight of their local network has caused some temporary changes to the pet and animal reservation policy. They have temporarily suspended the ability to book pet and animal activities through Qantas Cargo online or over the phone from August 19, 2020.
Pet Travel Experts
To make certain that Qantas Airlines can follow the latest safety measures recommended by health authorities, they have made temporary changes to their pet travel business. If you plan to travel with your pet, please talk to their pet travel expert about your options. Even after the limitations, you can still book the Airline’s ticket with a pet travel expert. A pet travel expert is a specialist who handles every aspect of the pet journey.
From making reservations with Qantas to managing pick-up and drop-off services at the terminal, their staff are fully trained and have extensive experience in all the procedures required to safely store and collect pets and animals. This is especially important in an era when operational changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic may cause disruptions to be more common.
Hours for pets reservations are from Monday to Friday between 08:00 am to 06:00 pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time) and on Saturday between 08:00 am to 04:00 pm (AEST) and on Sunday they will be Closed.
Restrictions And Permissions On Pet Travel
Scarcely the service dogs can be brought into the cabin of the aircraft. While all of the other animals and pets will be allowed to travel in special areas of the airliner, where the temperature and noise are similar to those in the cabin. Qantas Airways also accepts animals in the standard crate sizes identical to what they offer pets traveling on the same flight as their owners. Two more sizes were assembled to make an end for smaller animals flying with them.
Well! You need to keep these extremities in your mind that Qantas Airways reserves the right to refuse pets for any reason, which includes security or safety reasons if the animals show aggressiveness or obvious assertiveness. And if the animals showed signs of excessive chewing or cage damage during foster care or when the people traveling with pets do not follow their instructions and comply with applicable laws, regulations, or orders.
Animal Species Allowed To Travel
- Dog breeds like Pug, BullDog British or English and French, Boston Terriers, Brachycephalic (fully bred and snub-nosed only), Japanese Chin, and Pekingese are allowable flight time does not exceed 5 hours and each journey does not exceed 2 flight segments. It must be transported in an approved crate, which is twice the usual minimum size to increase airflow and comfort. Flights longer than 5 hours only for international flights can be allowed, and the owner must fill out a confirmation and indemnity, and submit it along with the shipper’s certification and other transportation documents.
- The British Staffordshire Terrier and American Staffordshire Terrier Pets under 12 weeks of age are allowed to travel in all sectors provided it is lodged in approved wooden dog cages.
Animal Species that are not allowed to travel
- The dog breeds like Perro De Presa, Canario and Presa Canario, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro, and American Pit Bull Terrier are not permitted on the flight.
- Qantas or QantasLink services completely prohibit all puppies and kittens under eight weeks of age, and animals that exhibit aggressive behavior or excessive chewing or cage destruction
- Plastic dog cages are highly restricted on board. Pets over 12 weeks can only be stored by pet transportation companies in guard dog cages approved by CR-82 Airlines. No other crates are allowed. Please contact the animal transportation company for assistance.
- The Guard or racing animals, animals belonging to the police or defense forces, and live freshwater fish that are of the aquarium category. It is not allowed for those pets to travel along with you and they must be sent as a live animal shipment.
- The Specialty or indigenous pets or other exotic pets are not allowed to travel as companion pets and require advance travel approval.
- Qantas Airways does not accept any live animal shipments intended for cosmetic, industrial chemical research, or testing purposes as well as wire boxes for animal travel on any service.
Hopefully, the information about the pet policies of Qantas Airlines that we discussed above has cleared all your doubts for more information and guidelines regarding Qantas Airlines’ pet policy, please contact the Qantas official website or you can call customer service directly for better help, and understanding. If you cannot reach them under any circumstances, then you can even contact us for charges at Treknova toll-free at +1-800-831-1547, available 24/7.